It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake In CA Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not much to say. There was more to the dream, but the main point is about the earthquake.

Well, it was in a Northern California city that I have visited before. I was with a friend.

I couldn't get a good read on what time of year it was, I want to say February-March due to the lighting and angle of the Sun, although we were under an awning so it could have been Winter/Summer. Sorry, not very helpful lol.

Anyway, It seemed to be around midday, and a major earthquake hit. Ground was shaking so badly that when we tried to walk into the street to be clear of falling awning/building pieces, we were walking like we had jello legs.

The shaking was so severe that the roads began to crack (that area is near the ocean which would play a part in aiding the cracking).

I believe I woke up before the shaking ended, but from start of the quake to wake up, it was perceived as about 25-35 seconds. Combined with the intensity of the shaking, Id say depending on how long it could have gone for, anywhere from a 7.0-8.0 magnitude.

There's my piece.

*shrug

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmm, that's where I am from.

So you suggesting San Francisco, or maybe Sacramento?

Dreams like that are always strange to me. Sometimes it means nothing at all, other times it does. I wonder if animals dream of such things.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Monterey Bay.

If it were an 8.0+ it would affect most of Northern/Central Northern California
edit on 6-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder , I watch the Real Time EQ map daily and now there's several small quakes in the Greater Los Angeles area...I realize CA is an active region but since I watch that thing daily for two years now there just seems to be many clusters and I worry a little more than I used to , I know people have that image of Cali falling into the ocean , which is absurd , that can't happen , but a tsunami can , displacement can from a massive quake too. The earths been changing for millions and millions of years , it isn't going to stop now.

I think we all know a BIG one is due on our side of the ring of Fire , I just hope it's not as deadly as they've been in the past.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Most of the time when someone has a dream of an earthquake, its not so much a vision or prediction but instead an insight of your inner soul. In the case of dreaming of an earthquake, Its a reflection of your life in possible turmoil. Something ground shaking has happened in your life or possibly will happen. Here's a link to give you more detailed insight.

Dream interpretations

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7

Most of the time when someone has a dream of an earthquake, its not so much a vision or prediction but instead an insight of your inner soul. In the case of dreaming of an earthquake, Its a reflection of your life in possible turmoil. Something ground shaking has happened in your life or possibly will happen. Here's a link to give you more detailed insight.

Dream interpretations

Cool info, thanks. Hey, if an earthquake in CA hits this month, you owe me a beer

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

I guess I should mention that I predict a lot of stuff in dreams.

For example:

Last night I had a dream about wading through a river and a weird looking snake was in it.

Interpretation? No need.

I went out to my pool today to clean it, and low and behold, a snake in the pool.

Two weeks before the Hudson river incident I had a dream I was co-pilot of a plane that flew into water.

One time I had a dream that my friend was calling me. I woke up, and 20 seconds later that friend called me.

The crazy ones are when people who have passed away appear before me in lucid dreams and communicate. One time I had one of those, and it involved landscaping. I woke up to find out my girl friend had a dream about land scaping as well. Lol.

I've got a list of these in the 200-300 range for dreams, not counting waking visions which number into the tens of thousands at this point. "Hey, a red car is going to come around that corner" as a red car comes around the corner.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I used to live in Monterey County. That entire area is criss-crossed with fault lines (not to mention the San Andreas fault just to the east). Geology students used to check out the cut-out part of the mountains by San Antonio Lake (Interlake Road), because it was heavily striated so it was easy to see the fact that the earth has literally looped in upon itself, and all the rocks are incredibly fractured.

If a large quake hits that area, it's not just a hard shaking that will occur. There are two lakes, Nacimiento and San Antonio, which are earthen dams that are quite old. There's a good chance they could fail, and if that happens, the resultant flooding would kill thousands of people in both the Salinas Valley as well as the valley to the south leading into Paso Robles.

Your dream is interesting, because it's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Scary stuff!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I used to live in Monterey County. That entire area is criss-crossed with fault lines (not to mention the San Andreas fault just to the east). Geology students used to check out the cut-out part of the mountains by San Antonio Lake (Interlake Road), because it was heavily striated so it was easy to see the fact that the earth has literally looped in upon itself, and all the rocks are incredibly fractured.

If a large quake hits that area, it's not just a hard shaking that will occur. There are two lakes, Nacimiento and San Antonio, which are earthen dams that are quite old. There's a good chance they could fail, and if that happens, the resultant flooding would kill thousands of people in both the Salinas Valley as well as the valley to the south leading into Paso Robles.

Your dream is interesting, because it's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Scary stuff!

Thanks for the information. When I was down there a fellow pointed out that one highway, I think 129. Right as you go by this Sulfur factory you can see the same markings on the cliff walls where the San Andreas fault runs.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

Monterey Bay.

Good stuff, right where I live.
Everytime I read a thread about earthquakes or watch something, or they happen to pop into my head, I clean my room. I like to think if it is more organized and contained, it will be easier to find/pick everything up in the aftermath.
Tsunami...well, I guess I am screwed. I know my elevation and have some routes planned, but that is about all I can do.
edit on 6-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem

Monterey Bay.

Good stuff, right where I live.
Everytime I read a thread about earthquakes or watch something, or they happen to pop into my head, I clean my room. I like to think if it is more organized and contained, it will be easier to find/pick everything up in the aftermath.

Hahahaha that's a way to go about it for sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

The good thing about Monterey is, there are mountains close by you can get to in a pinch (go towards Carmel) if you get a tsunami warning. The only bummer is, will there be anything left of your house when the water recedes??

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Interesting, we had a small 2.8 here in Kern County couple days ago.

All day I was waiting for something to get my morning started.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The good thing about Monterey is, there are mountains close by you can get to in a pinch (go towards Carmel) if you get a tsunami warning. The only bummer is, will there be anything left of your house when the water recedes??

Hell no, there wont. I live at 63ft elevation in Seaside, the whole freaking city is on a downward slope of sand going into the ocean. I just rent, and things, they are just that, things. It would obviously suck, but, if people were safe, then big whoop.
It is one thing to say and another to live though, so, well see, lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Interesting, we had a small 2.8 here in Kern County couple days ago.

All day I was waiting for something to get my morning started.

Those baby fart quakes can actually be pretty surprising if you're right on the epicenter!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Hell no, there wont. I live at 63ft elevation in Seaside, the whole freaking city is on a downward slope of sand going into the ocean. I just rent, and things, they are just that, things. It would obviously suck, but, if people were safe, then big whoop.

Kind of a stupid suggestion, but if you stuff a basketball, soccer ball, or any other inflatable ball inside a back pack, and strap it to your chest, you have a life preserver.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Kind of a stupid suggestion, but if you stuff a basketball, soccer ball, or any other inflatable ball inside a back pack, and strap it to your chest, you have a life preserver.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

LOL you live in Seaside? My ex husband is involved in the Seaside city government.

You're right, it's just a long gentle slope down to the sea.

If you hear of a tsunami warning, better get in your car and book it away from there as fast as you can!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Alchemst7

Last night I had a dream about wading through a river and a weird looking snake was in it.

Interpretation? No need.

I went out to my pool today to clean it, and low and behold, a snake in the pool.

I respect that your able to see your dream come to you in the physical world, but many times its your subcoucious telling you to reflect on something that needs to be looked at more deeply. I've had many dreaams of snakes, and snake dreams are very symbolic. When ever I have a snake dream I try to rember every detail about what type of snake it was, the enviroment I was in, Snakes to me are messengers.

Heres an interesting site which can help you reflect more on your snake dream. snake dreams

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

What this dream means is that something has disturbed you. When one expresses thoughts and ideas one feels one has grounds for one's thinking. Sometimes one encounters people or beliefs which have such a strong effect on us that they disturb the grounds upon which we based our own beliefs. This is an earthquake in dreams: the grounds for our beliefs are breaking up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join