It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan's Gun Control Position Gets Pwned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clayfeet
Piers Moron is an odious little creep - please America, keep him for as long as possible. You can have Jeremy Clarkson and Max Clifford while you're at it.

Is this because the UK got Madonna?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Don't agree wiyh P.M. but I am sick and tired of the grammer police thinking they win a argument.By pointing out a misspelled word.People can have a valid idea without spelling it correctly.
edit on 7-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: re

That would be 'grammar' police.

(Couldn't resist
)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

LOL( I stand Korrekted)
edit on 7-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Piers Morgan would break the law (phone hacking in the U.K.) if it furthered his career and he was unlikely to get caught. But he doesn't want you to legally own a gun? No need to wonder who this propaganda slime ball works for...it ain't the Constitution

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys took the "Nuke Troll Bait" in a firearm discussion.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

At no point did I claim that my view is not based on fear..... I concur, it is.... just a different sort of fear.... fear of an accident... rather then the fear that all criminals are trying/going to want to shoot me...

A rational fear versus an irrational fear.. see the difference now??

PA

edit on 7-12-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)
Ummm.....your being completely irrational and purposefully obtuse.......Here's the difference, your little mind thinks that gun ownership equates fear, my more rational, based on knowledge and not supposition, mind, KNOWS that the reason I own firearms has absolutely nothing to do with fear, nor paranoia or any other subordinate emotion. The emotion's that I experiance are love, joy, satisfaction and fulfillment, toss in a little self agrandizement and power stroking as well. I LOVE to fire weapons, it gives me great JOY, I'm thoroughly SATISFIED and FULFILLED when I make that clean righteous shot and I get a great feeling of POWER from the RESPONSABILITY that also goes hand in hand with owning a firearm. So your completely flawed and ill considered opinion is purely that, the raving of a superior and obviously evolved enlightened being...or so you would tell us.

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly

A rational fear versus an irrational fear.. see the difference now??

PA

edit on 7-12-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

Totally glad you added that bit.

If we look at causes of injury and death firearms are way down that list.

If we look at the number of firearms in circulation that have been involved in accidents or even used in crimes compared to the number that have never been involved in either we'll see that accidents and even crimes involving them are very rare.

Dont let the nightly news and blood lusting talking heads shape your view of the world. Look at the hard numbers and make a real risk assessment.

Failing that, the simple truth is that fear of any inanimate object is irrational.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

we can then factor in the potential of said weapons never being involved in accidents to potentially cause accidents or fear of any kind

a world full of guns is a world full of fear , accidents , and death

guns are only necessary for people to feel like they have control because they feel insecure , because they are afraid of things.

in my perfect world there would be no guns , not even for officers of the law

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

in my perfect world there would be no guns , not even for officers of the law

Fantasies are irrelevant. That perfect world will never exist. We live in the real world and we just do the best we can.

For better or worse mankind understands enough physics, chemistry and metallurgy to manufacture firearms so they will.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
e\Except we aint using muskets now and neither are "they". By that reasoning, we should be able to purchase warships, nuclear armaments and fighter jets.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobzilla
I'm English and imo Piers Morgan is an absolute a@se, he loves his own voice, thinks he's all important.. ugh, I really dislike him and alot of his opinions.
Americans should tell him to p@ss off and mind his own bloody business.

oh c'mon, there are far more stupid idiots on the boob tube than ole PM... i would name a few but i won't, due to some of our sensitive moderators.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Morgan is a clown. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Yeah, because no person ever died from a knife, rock, car, club or pencil.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Piers is a grade A twonk, The real problem is that A lot of Americans equate a good British voice with intelligence and so he gets away with being seen to be better than what he actually is (which is probably why he went over there)

So just ignore him and hopefully he'll go somewhere even further away and annoy them

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The second amendment is not just the strength to keep our weapons, it is an Americans way of life. Don't mess with the amendment because there are more gun owners in the US then there are the so called administrative authority. I use my guns for hunting and target practice. Don't even think about taking that away from me.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Piers is just mad that his country doesn't have guns like us! (or, it's too full of cowards who would rather run around like children playing "cops and robbers" with sticks and silly string)

or, he's on a paid agenda lol

I do not know one Brit that wishes guns legal, cowards? using a gun on someone could be deemed cowardly at least we have to go close and personal to sort stuff out.
But I hope the first bit was a joke and I do think PM is a paid prat.
So glad he is over there and not here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
I don't really considered that being PWND but yeah...

He is European so his cultural view on guns is going to differ. America has a gun culture that glamorizes guns as sexy and cool. Europe doesn't.

Well if the only thing you can own is a shotgun for hunting and airgun for fun, then gotta say european gun laws are way too strict. Criminals get guns regardless what the law says because they have important connections with important people. Average folks that could use a gun to protect themselves get screwed because the law affects only them.

On the other side of the equation would be taking the american second amendment literally to mean any gun regardless if automatic or semi-automatic, regardless of caliber, regardless if military grade or civilian grade weaponry.

Most of the leglislation against the second amendment is meaningless beauracracy though and gives a bad name to gun legislation. That is what happens when you fanatic legislators making and passing laws so they can justify their pay.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by Gwampo
Piers is just mad that his country doesn't have guns like us! (or, it's too full of cowards who would rather run around like children playing "cops and robbers" with sticks and silly string)

or, he's on a paid agenda lol

I do not know one Brit that wishes guns legal, cowards? using a gun on someone could be deemed cowardly at least we have to go close and personal to sort stuff out.
But I hope the first bit was a joke and I do think PM is a paid prat.
So glad he is over there and not here.

When you get older and cornered in some back alley by thugs watcha gonna do? Heck I don't see why people make a big deal about guns. As long as people get a basic background check and pass it, there should be no reason why they should not be able to own some gun.

Guns in the uk used to be legal with some restrictions of course. A few massacres later and guns are almost totally banned. Either the person did not have a thorough background check done on him/her or they had a gun the illegal way.

The alternative is to allow a police state the option to have thousands of cameras watching your every move like peeping toms in a bathroom. I think this is what is happening in the uk now, especially in london. Not good!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Duff em up or run away, done it before I will do it again.
I live up North so it is different than London (Ran a pub there never had any trouble).
We do have cameras but they tend to be in city centers and they do stop crime.
You were not here when Dunblane happened and it really hit a nerve with us Brits and we said do we need guns? and we all said no.

en.wikipedia.org...

Deaths
1. Victoria Elizabeth Clydesdale (5)
2. Emma Elizabeth Crozier (5)
3. Melissa Helen Currie (5)
4. Charlotte Louise Dunn (5)
5. Kevin Allan Hasell (5)
6. Ross William Irvine (5)
7. David Charles Kerr (5)
8. Mhairi Isabel MacBeath (5)
9. Brett McKinnon (6)
10. Abigail Joanne McLennan (5)
11. Gwen Mayor (45)
—Primary School Teacher
12. Emily Morton (5)
13. Sophie Jane Lockwood North (5)
14. John Petrie (5)
15. Joanna Caroline Ross (5)
16. Hannah Louise Scott (5)
17. Megan Turner (5)
Perpetrator (suicide)
1. Thomas Hamilton (43)

They are the reason we got rid...

You can keep your guns in the USA but here in the UK we just do not want them.
edit on 7-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
does 'pwnd' mean replying with zero logic, failing to understand the argument and bad spelling?
if thats so, then yes piers was pwned

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join