It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS!!!! Zombie Apocalypse Training!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Today on America Live, Megyn Kelly discussed ‘zombie apocalypse training.’ No, it’s not a scene out of a horror movie, but a disaster training exercise at a conference that costs taxpayers thousands of dollars.

Also cited in the report was a $250K armored truck in North Dakota only used for training runs and parades carrying Santa Claus.

Charles Payne of the Fox Business Network joined the panel and gave his assessment of this conference. He said, “If you can’t stop stuff like this, realistically, does the American public ever believe Washington is going to get its act together(visit the link for the full news article)

foxnewsinsider.com...
edit on 6-12-2012 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: edit link

edit on 6-12-2012 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: remove bad link

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Personally, i think the Government....CDC.......DHS know something like this or close......I SAY AGAIN CLOSE TO, the effect of a zombie apocolypse can occur. Im sure theres plenty of biological weapons out there that can create the same civil unrest as it would with a Zombie Apocolypse if released unto the population. The Military has trained for it as well. see the other link. Thought this would be interesting to hear and read. Enjoy Guys!

militarytimes.com...
atlanta.cbslocal.com...
edit on 6-12-2012 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: hyperlinks

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't care what doubter says,
The Zombie [snipped] that's been going on the last couple years
is very very very weird. (3 very's)
edit on Thu Dec 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe its very possible that some type of biologic weapon or virus could affect people and make them start acting crazy. Like in 28 days later. A rage virus. It would be nuts!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hunger is enough to turn people into things way worse than zombies. Zombie apocalypse training is just a different name for society collapse training. A little sugar coating

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

There are no zombies. The training conference and training exercises use zombies as a way to keep those being trained interested in the subject matter. ICS training is one of the most mind-numbing experiences you will ever have.

The training exercises have to focus on large disasters so that participants can see how the ICS structure grows from a small incident run by a first responder (1 cop on scene) to a large scale incident in which you've got dozens of agencies all working together. Zombie Apocalypse works out perfectly as you have a small number of zombies and then it grows to thousands.

So, in closing, the government doesn't have secret knowledge of a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion or a simple car accident. It just helps those in the conference/exercise gain a better grasp on how to work with other agencies.

As for the armored car...after 9/11 the government threw money at responders, both large and small, to use for security and response. Some used the money to buy respirators and fire trucks, others bought armored cars that they will only use to cart Santa around once a year.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm afraid I have to agree to how weird it is overall as a doubter of the zombie apocalypse myself its sad and kind of scary to say it but it could happen. Lately there been a hype with all this zombie apocalypse stuff but even if you walk into a sports store into the gun section you'd see a lot of zombie practice targets and such . It's awesome to adapt a media made boogey man as an example to promote safety but only maybe in media and such but when the government picks it up you know there's a reason. I don't want to say there's something going on but it's an odd situation that's spreading too fast even for a current world interest

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
this has been posted 115 times

it's a tongue in cheek way to get attention

I think it's lame, but it has nothing to do with real zombies

they don't exist

get over it

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
hunger is enough to turn people into things way worse than zombies. Zombie apocalypse training is just a different name for society collapse training. A little sugar coating

i agree to that sir

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tru3NugMaster

Zombies sell, that's why they have targets in gun stores, because they sell. Do you really think that the Zombie Ammo is specifically designed to kill zombies because the government is preparing us for a zombie apocalypse? No, it's because companies understand that if they stick the word Zombie on something people will buy it over the other product, even though it costs twice as much! It's simple capitalism.

They also sell Battleship targets, does that mean the government is somehow preparing us to sink Iran's battleship? By the way, the Battleship target is really, really fun as long as your rifle is sighted in properly.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Loooong time lurker, first time poster. Hi all!

Honestly, I think we're being desensitized to this whole zombie scenario. It's all over the media via books, tv and movies, along with zombie walks, zombie proms and various other events. There are even zombie themed restaurants now (Zombie Burger in Des Moines, Iowa).

The Discovery Channel is even jumping on the bandwagon with a show about preparing for a zombie apocalypse.

Do I believe we're going to be staring down a horde of zombies in the near future? I'm not sure...but I wouldn't put anything past TPTB. :

edit on 6-12-2012 by pyxnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

There are no zombies. The training conference and training exercises use zombies as a way to keep those being trained interested in the subject matter. ICS training is one of the most mind-numbing experiences you will ever have.

The training exercises have to focus on large disasters so that participants can see how the ICS structure grows from a small incident run by a first responder (1 cop on scene) to a large scale incident in which you've got dozens of agencies all working together. Zombie Apocalypse works out perfectly as you have a small number of zombies and then it grows to thousands.

So, in closing, the government doesn't have secret knowledge of a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion or a simple car accident. It just helps those in the conference/exercise gain a better grasp on how to work with other agencies.

As for the armored car...after 9/11 the government threw money at responders, both large and small, to use for security and response. Some used the money to buy respirators and fire trucks, others bought armored cars that they will only use to cart Santa around once a year.

Not saying there are zombies. Or they have knowledge. Nobody has a crystal ball for that stuff. But like i said something CLOSE TO that " Incident" ( as im sure you're reffering to by ICS) can happen and they know it

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

HAHAHAHA! Nice

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxAcidxBurnxX

Personally, i think the Government....CDC.......DHS know something like this or close......I SAY AGAIN CLOSE TO, the effect of a zombie apocolypse can occur. Im sure theres plenty of biological weapons out there that can create the same civil unrest as it would with a Zombie Apocolypse if released unto the population.

The likelihood of a biological attack is very high now, and they know it.

Preparing to control the situation and contain it has to be among the top domestic priorities for the agencies and the military.

Doing it without causing panic is a bit tricky.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by XxAcidxBurnxX

Personally, i think the Government....CDC.......DHS know something like this or close......I SAY AGAIN CLOSE TO, the effect of a zombie apocolypse can occur. Im sure theres plenty of biological weapons out there that can create the same civil unrest as it would with a Zombie Apocolypse if released unto the population.

The likelihood of a biological attack is very high now, and they know it.

Preparing to control the situation and contain it has to be among the top domestic priorities for the agencies and the military.

Doing it without causing panic is a bit tricky.

....agreed!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
... and when the Zombies came.. no one.. None had prepared... they had all believed it to be a joke...

and they perished without trace....

happy days ahead!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Something close to that incident and they know that? That could mean anything.

Google "Paulsboro Train Derailment." That incident began with a simple responder (police officer) showing up at a train derailment in which four tanker cars went into a creek. From there it was discovered that three of the cars were carrying vinyl Chloride and one was leaking. This caused the Incident Command Post (ICP) to grow from one person to dozens of agencies and caused a 2-mile evacuation affecting thousands of people.

That said, last year, several government agencies were involved in an AMSTEP PREP exercise. This exercise revolved around a tanker ship running aground in the Delaware River. The first responders were a CG small boat and from there grew to involve dozens of agencies (many of the agencies that are directly involved right now in Paulsboro).

Because of that AMSTEP PREP exercise, the responder who showed up at the train derailment had a better grasp of the ICS structure, knowing who to contact and how to set up the ICP. In that way, the Zombie Exercise, will involve dozens of agencies and hundreds of responders so that they will have a better understanding of ICS before an incident occurs.

Planners need to come up with Mass Casualty or wide spread disasters to involve all of the agencies. A simple car accident might only involve two State Troopers and a fire truck, but if you include a Tanker Truck carrying ZOMBEX HTC you've now got a scenario involving 100s of responders. They're both car accidents, but ZOMBEX HTC makes everything more fun!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think the type of training you'd do for a fictional "a zombie apocalypse" would be excellent training for a possible real event. Think for a moment about how things will look on that 1st-3rd of the month when none of the Social Security, Welfare, VA, and food stamps show up in the proper accounts. On that day, those caught on the street will wish they were only dealing with the "undead".

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Something close to that incident and they know that? That could mean anything.

Google "Paulsboro Train Derailment." That incident began with a simple responder (police officer) showing up at a train derailment in which four tanker cars went into a creek. From there it was discovered that three of the cars were carrying vinyl Chloride and one was leaking. This caused the Incident Command Post (ICP) to grow from one person to dozens of agencies and caused a 2-mile evacuation affecting thousands of people.

That said, last year, several government agencies were involved in an AMSTEP PREP exercise. This exercise revolved around a tanker ship running aground in the Delaware River. The first responders were a CG small boat and from there grew to involve dozens of agencies (many of the agencies that are directly involved right now in Paulsboro).

Because of that AMSTEP PREP exercise, the responder who showed up at the train derailment had a better grasp of the ICS structure, knowing who to contact and how to set up the ICP. In that way, the Zombie Exercise, will involve dozens of agencies and hundreds of responders so that they will have a better understanding of ICS before an incident occurs.

Planners need to come up with Mass Casualty or wide spread disasters to involve all of the agencies. A simple car accident might only involve two State Troopers and a fire truck, but if you include a Tanker Truck carrying ZOMBEX HTC you've now got a scenario involving 100s of responders. They're both car accidents, but ZOMBEX HTC makes everything more fun!
...Bro, im not disagreeing with you , i get what your saying.We are talking ZOMBEX HTC here.....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
... and when the Zombies came.. no one.. None had prepared... they had all believed it to be a joke...

and they perished without trace....

happy days ahead!!

[/quo
Love the Avatar! LMAO

edit on 6-12-2012 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: fix sentence

top topics

join