It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In , 'We Lost The Election'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I think we should do whatever Obama wants.

That way, if the economy sinks further, no-one can blame the republicans and no-one will ever vote for a democrat again.

That's a win in my book.

And of course, when it works, you'll give him the praise, right?

P.S. Love the new Avatar.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I see Jim DeMint is resigning to head the Heritage Foundation.

Rats deserting a sinking ship?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

That way, if the economy sinks further, no-one can blame the republicans and no-one will ever vote for a democrat again.

That's a win in my book.

And of course, when it works, you'll give him the praise, right?

P.S. Love the new Avatar.

Thanks.

Look at it this way.

We give Obama what he wants.

If things turn out bad, he gets the blame, and no-one ever votes D again.

If things turn out good, then who cares? Things will be good and we can forget politics!
edit on 6-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is nothing "bad" sticks to him nothing in 4 years, excuses have been made and will continue to be made.

From Fast and Furious,Benghazi,crony capitalism,to the 2 credit downgrades,raising the debt ceiling, and everything else.

This country is on the path of self destruction,and there they are begging for more the current admin has zero accountablity for any actions.
edit on 6-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The MSM has been very instrumental in it's support for Obama. But with unemployment rising, foodstamp usage rising, inflation, poor GDP, poor foreign policy, no matter what his followers say or do, the "emperor" will be seen with no clothes.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wish I could believe that but it will never be seen that way the culprits are the GOP and their "scarlet letters".

The GOP gives in it will be like the past 4 years have been- the current administration gets a free pass.

IMO it is better to be hated for what we are than to be loved for something we are not.

Tax rates alone does nothing, but kick the can down the road and solves nothing.
edit on 6-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am a conservative 100% for giving Obama the other Dems (who can't even pass a budget) whatever they want to vote through. Let them fail miserably and have no one to blame but themselves. Then true conservatives like the Tea Party can help pick the pieces back up and put it together with policies that are actually feasible and sustainable. Yes the country will (continue to) suffer miserably economically but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you turn things around.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just yesterday Mitch McConnell offered what you guys suggest. I started a thread on it in one of the other politics areas here. He basically said the same thing and took to the floor and called for a vote on the Obama/Geithner proposal and Harry Reid immediately shut it down and claimed that an Obama/Geithner plan doesn't even exist. McConnell's point seemed to be "Hey, we're the evil bad guys either way, so let's go ahead and try it your way." Reid was the one that put a stop to it.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I'm not exactly sure what she means by "we lost the election". We lost the election for president, but gained seats in Congress and State Governorships. The power to create laws is in Congress.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have a theory that Ann Coulter on the right and Dan Savage on the left are both plants whose true purpose is to drag down the very issues/people they claim to stand for. Just a theory, no evidence or anything. Just a feeling.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
The Conservative Entertainment Complex is starting to tear itself apart.

A couple of weeks ago Hannity said he always liked immigrants and now Coulter agrees with Obama!

What's next?

O'Riley holding a debate with John Stewart? Oh....hang on.....

Give it a year and "GOP" will be the new "Liberal"...they are nothing if not quick to exploit public sentiment.

See ..."Job Creators" isn't a belief actually held by the GOP Pols...It's a phrase that was tested and tweaked by Frank Lutz to make the rich sound more likable after the financial crisis and bailouts.

Effen Jim Demint ...Founder and leader of the TP Caucus in the senate RESIGNED today!

Ann Coulter is calling for taxing the rich...

The GOP is scrambling to get an immigration bill put together....

EFF...Give it a year and the Dems will look conservative!

See...Whilst everyone speaks of the GOPs demise, they have forgotten thier remaining strength! They never believed the sh*& they were saying in the first place, so without that tether to principle they can become whatever they like immediately!! The Dems don't have that same luxury

It's like Romney's etch-n-sketch on a national scale!!

OK...OK..in all seriousness...The modern conservative movement has it's true believers and it's tele-evangalists raking in the moolah....and the gullable in the audiance. I put to the true believers...mostly Paulites...at 20% of conservatives...the gullable followers of GOP at 15%...and 50% tele-evangalists...DC and FOX et al...who will sell you whatever you will pay for...and 15% who know that the Tele-evangalist are full of crap, but still attend the church cuz they love a good show

So the Tele-evangalists are shaking up the show to recapture ratings....and the true believers are walking out of church.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I am a conservative 100% for giving Obama the other Dems (who can't even pass a budget) whatever they want to vote through. Let them fail miserably and have no one to blame but themselves. Then true conservatives like the Tea Party can help pick the pieces back up and put it together with policies that are actually feasible and sustainable. Yes the country will (continue to) suffer miserably economically but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you turn things around.

I am hearing a lot of this fantasy lately. It seems to be the only way to accept rejection with a facade of dignity?
It sounds like some teenager that got dumped....you'll see America!! You shouldn't have dumped me for that jerk!!! Is that the plan? A bitter brooding GOP dreaming about an ugly public break-up...Have you considered a scenario where America just forgets about you and moves on? I mean who wants to spend thier time remembering that crazy chick they dated with all the screaming and drama? My advice would be to learn from the break-up and move on yourself...but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

The MSM has been very instrumental in it's support for Obama. But with unemployment rising, foodstamp usage rising, inflation, poor GDP, poor foreign policy, no matter what his followers say or do, the "emperor" will be seen with no clothes.

Aww beez...don't despair..the real world is doing better..Reality in brackets

reply to post by neo96

The MSM has been very instrumental in it's support for Obama. But with unemployment rising (FALLING), foodstamp usage rising (Dropping - peaked in 2010...dropped 5% in 2011...continued decline in 2012), inflation, poor GDP (Rising), poor foreign policy (Much improved from Bush Admin), no matter what his followers say or do, the "emperor" will be seen with no clothes.

I always find it strange when folks hack on the MSM media for reporting facts.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That's a win in my book.

In a perfect world....

But they'll pull a fast one and just chalk it up to Bush again..., either way you've seen the models. The economy is destined to sink further regardless of who we choose to let do whatever it is they want.
Collectively they lack any ability to pierce their ego's and reach compromise to get this country at least pointed in the right direction.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Republicans did not lose the House, and the House controls the purse strings. Sorry Libs, still checked.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
another windbag with an opinion that doesn't even met the requirements of reality.

does america produce windbags by the pallet or do they outsource it to china and have them imported.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
another windbag with an opinion that doesn't even met the requirements of reality.

does america produce windbags by the pallet or do they outsource it to china and have them imported.

George will answer that question:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Nope, it's our public educational system thats to blame.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

This is totally innappropriate and off topic.. and she's a little out of my age range (she being my elder), but I would hate/rage bang Anne Coulter.

This is just keeping up with her trend of shock.. the hateful Dem bashing was getting a bit worn.

As for my opinion, I just think they should cut out about half the military bases around the world, but I am a true conservative.

And Ann if you are reading this P.M. me. I will take you to the cheapest motor lodge I can find (seriously).
edit on 7-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join