It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In , 'We Lost The Election'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's been said many times,
love her or hate her she does make some good points..

Ann Coulter surprises Sean Hannity by saying that she thinks Republicans should let the tax rates for the rich go up.

After Coulter started to say that Republicans should concede on taxes on the very rich, Hannity wondered why the House didn't just pass a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone.

"OK fine, let's do that, but in the end, at some point, if the Bush tax cuts are repealed and everyone's taxes go up, I promise you Republicans will get blamed for it," she said. "It doesn't mean you cave on everything, but there are some things Republicans do that feed into what the media is telling America about Republicans."

What? So for PR purposes, they should give in to Obama?! Total cave?
She says yes we should.

"You're saying capitulate to Obama?" Hannity stammered. "We don't have a revenue problem, Ann." "We lost the election, Sean!" Coulter replied.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 6-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh my god it happened.
I agree with Ann Coulter for the first time in my life.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Stock up, ammo up, get the heirloom gardening and canning in place, set up heat, alternate fuels, then back out 100% and let the Democrats own it all. Vote "present" on every bill you disagree with. Don't even argue on the floor of either chamber. There should be a blanket statement along the lines of "We predict this will lead to the death of freedom and America after a short windfall of joy, the long term effects will be death. I give you full ownership of the death you have given your own children and yourself and vote present"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The problem is that many Republicans, on the hard right, believe that a compromise or two is equivalent to giving Obama everything he wants.

They should be concentrating on negotiating with Obama so that they compromise....but get some of what they want in return.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I actually watched that last night. Fairly entertaining segment. FWIW, I thought she was attempting to say the Republicans should reach some sort of compromise and that it should likely involve some tax increase on "the rich".

Politics is a business to a point. If your current brand ain't selling you have to change it, market it better, something or you'll go out of business. That's kind of the state the Republican party finds itself in now.

So, in my opinion, I thought she was saying it for two main reasons, the first being a start of "changing the brand", the second that (true or not) the media and the Democrats have largely been successful in painting those successful in business and the Republican part as evil conspirators to out to keep the rest of the populace down. Compromising on a tax increase would be a way to start get that notion changed.

I

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
She has a point and talk about something for the most extreme of the mixed feelings on.

On one hand, I feel confident I understand what the effects will be and it's gonna be real bad in the short to mid term future. There isn't a way around that ....namely because the wealthy are already saying 'screw everyone' and closing business, advancing dividend payments to beat the clock (and smack the values in the new year) or generally downsizing and writing off any positive planning. Whatever the reason, the wealthy have already begun to just have their tantrum and shut down in many ways. I'm seeing it on some other sites I'm on where folks do have money in upper middle to upper class levels. It's a real and tangible thing. So the logical side of me can't move beyond the fiscal insanity of basing the whole solution on tax increases. Cuts...in theory...to be talked about later for details...to something... don't mean anything worth talking about, IMO. It's like Popeye and the guy wanting his Hamburger today to pay next week. Umm... Not in the real world. Not without major bad things happening.

On the other hand..... The people who honestly believe this is the right thing are never...EVER...going to give up insisting we try it again. Tax rates were 91%, literally, on the high end of personal income as recently as when Lyndon Johnson took office. They ran back a few Presidents at that or higher prior to him. America did well, but I'd say America was also radically different. America did well as the industrial leader and supplier to much of the world.....not the primary consumer to others making things. That reversal makes all the difference. However, either this will be tried again, cleanly, to see it succeed or fail ... or it'll be bickering battles right to the total collapse of the whole system.

I'd rather see the Rich get dinged in what I think will simply be relearning a lesson history already taught than to see Republicans fight this on principle to lose the whole 'war' so to speak and everything it's about in the process.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
GOP has been hyjacket by progressive rhino republicans. There are now two groups in the GOP. The conservatives and the rino republicans.

the conservative party needs to kick these bums out. only the tea party can help.

Ann has lost my respect. you dont cave into your values.

edit on 6-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Conservatives in the Republican party?
Where? I'd like to see more than the handful there is now!

In reality, the Republican party was hijacked by NeoConservatives quite a long time ago. Now the Republicans that are halfway intelligent and are willing to work with the other side are called "progressives" and RINO's.

And let's be honest, the TP people that came in to restore conservatism fell on their faces and decided to play ball with the NeoCons. So I wouldn't look to the TP to do anything of value for the party considering that they sold out their "conservatism" for the power and money that DC gave em.

Ann has lost my respect. you dont cave into your values.

If you watch the video she explains how a little compromise can save us from all having our taxes raised.

It is funny though how they are now standing firm on principle, but 8 years ago my Republican party had no problem doing the exact same thing.

edit on 6-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
When things look the toughest that is when you fight the hardest,

Giving in doesn't matter the GOP is damned either way so go down fighting for crying out loud.

Ann says give in so the current administration can spend more money the right lost an election the left is losing the country in massive debt that can never be paid for.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that this has nothing whatsoever to do with values or principles. This is about the Republicans are too scared to be seen "compromising" with those "dirty liberals and progressives".

They don't care about tax rates or anything of the sort.

This is just politics, not what's best for you and I.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

We certainly don't always agree, but I have to agree with you on this. (in perhaps a mixed way) It's easy to imagine as the right and left right now, fighting over control of the car, which is our national economy, which the freight train of reality is coming to just make a big cloud of debris and spare parts of. Working together is not a good idea...it's an absolute necessity and values have to give to get. Both sides.... Right and Left..

However, if that comes into a push or shove....hey, that friggen train isn't caring what happens in the car or who wins afterward....because it's still smashing our little car to bits. Since public perception is that Dems have the unquestioned mandate (another thread..another debate...
) then it honestly is up to the Republicans to back down a bit here....or we just get smashed. All of us. Together. Being correct isn't a suicide pact and this is where I part company with the further on the Right. There is a side much further than I am, to be sure.

Better there be bad decisions, IF that is what they prove to be, that we can all recover from after doing something ....than getting nothing done. Nothing is a direct E-ticket ride to economic collapse...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
She knows dam well that the largest republican donors are comprised of military contractors and that GOP representatives will do anything in their power as to avoid the sequestration and the subsequent defense cuts.

Right now, GOP congressional peoples must stick to their guns so they don't upset all their donors.

That's exactly what out government is. The merry legislating according to donors. Both sides, for decades, disgusting.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
edit: Whatever. The whole thing is a circus.
edit on 6-12-2012 by ColCurious because: deleted previous post

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well said. I agree and hopefully we can see some compromise and let's finally see these goons work together. Politics is what is killing this country and if they can't get it together.....we are screwed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think they should give Obama everything he wants except a debt ceiling increase, or simply let the fiscal cliff happen and ride it out. If that is what America truly wants then let them have it. Do not raise the debt ceiling however. A long government shutdown would be great for America. Giving Obama the right to raise the debt ceiling on his own initiative will destroy us quickly. Not to mention the fact that every President who comes after him can raise the debt ceiling as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why is this a surprise?!

Republicans have always been democrats and democrats have always been republicans.

There is no two party system, there are no fair elections, this country hasn't been a republic for quite some time now....... it's all an illusion to make the average person feel like he or she has some what of a say in what happens.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Very true...

It is no longer about political idealism (i.e liberal vs conservative)...it is about the special interest groups and lobbyists...the big mega corporations and the military industrial complex. "We the people" stopped being a concern years ago...they do not care about "us".

The repubs would much rather allow the sequestration go into effect rather than having to stand at the podium and tell their donors they voted for defense spending cuts and tax increases. If they go over the "fiscal hoax"...erm....I mean the "fiscal cliff"...they can save at least some face.

I say run and jump over the edge...all the fear and doom mongering is BS...we need the cuts to spending...and we will still be deficit spending to the tune of 600 billion a year...oh yeah...that's some big cuts...I suppose it is a start.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Oh my god it happened.
I agree with Ann Coulter for the first time in my life.

i know the feeling...my snowball in hell is NOT melting...ann coulter actually made sense...i have to go see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think we should do whatever Obama wants.

That way, if the economy sinks further, no-one can blame the republicans and no-one will ever vote for a democrat again.

That's a win in my book.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Conservative Entertainment Complex is starting to tear itself apart.

A couple of weeks ago Hannity said he always liked immigrants and now Coulter agrees with Obama!

What's next?

O'Riley holding a debate with John Stewart? Oh....hang on.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join