It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omaha State Bank President Brought Gun to Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Bank President Brought Gun to Work

www.omaha.com

With her back turned to him, he said, Cenovic saw the laser dot on the wall, but Dahir said it wasn't pointed at her and she saw a “friendly face” when she turned around. Dahir said he didn't aim the pistol or the laser at her.

Karen Cenovic, a vice president and lending officer at the bank, reported the incident to police and the board, saying she felt threatened. Dahir said that he just wanted to show her his new gun and that he did not threaten her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-12-2012 by TZela because: Corrected title

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The gun toting bank president is only on administrative leave while the county attorney ponders filing charges? If this was an employee of the bank this would have resulted in an immediate arrest and probably even be called a terroristic threat for carrying a gun into a bank. The most telling thing about this story is that the vice president seemingly did not fall in line and vote with the majority just prior to this incident. How nice, disagree with the boss and you get to see his new gun with a really cool laser!

www.omaha.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe if she carried a gun too she would feel more safe. Stories like this just pad the gun control laws.

Personally I feel safer when people are toting guns. Most people are good people, and the bad people are toting guns regardless.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just for the people that don't know..

Even if you have a CCW there are certain places where you absolutely cannot carry a firearm..

A bank would be one of them.

--------------------------

As I was corrected down below.... This applies to my state and not all. Of course the trade off is as long as you are a resident of this state you do not need a permit to concealed carry.
edit on 6-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One simple word with two syllables, mo-ron

If there was any justice in the world, the bankers of Wall St. and London should be doing this, only pointing it at their own heads, for the crimes they managed to wrangle out of.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
He should go to work for the Chappell Hill bank in Texas. (just a joke)

I am all about guns, but unless there is a need to defend oneself, you should not pull your firearm out at work just because you think its cool. Guy sounds a little off, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Perhaps he fears his world crumbles around him. As their individual empires fall to pieces what is left but desperation.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think employees of banks should carry. If they want to. Might stop a bank heists before they happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
I think employees of banks should carry. If they want to. Might stop a bank heists before they happen.

Ok, I'm game, what does that have to do with raising arms against an oppressive government - that is what the 2nd amendment is all about isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Even if you have a CCW there are certain places where you absolutely cannot carry a firearm..

Umm,... I have a CCW permit and I've never left my firearm in the car when going into my bank. I need to leave the gun behind when I go into the Courthouse for something, any government office, bars, amusement parks (with a formal gated entrance) and the like...but Banks are not on that list in Missouri. Federal doesn't cover as near as I can tell and I've looked, repeatedly.

Source - Missouri Concealed Carry Laws

Someone can google to get the .PDF from Missouri State Government ... My PDF reader is on the fritz in my browser. The actual state legal papers say the same as that site though, and banks are not on the list.

However, like everything with guns in the U.S., it's not a federal thing for this anyway. It's State. Some states let me walk into a Bar with my gun for instance...so long as I don't drink a drop myself. Most don't. It's all over the map on this stuff.

* Having said all that, this guy pulling his gun out to "show" someone in that setting borders on the criminal offense of brandishing in my opinion and was so wildly out of place and context as to bring his basic judgement into question, given the man's line of work. .....merely having it though?? How many bank managers have been kidnapped and held hostage to rob their own bank in recent years? Enough to understand the need, in my view. 1 incident like that is enough, IMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Ok, I'm game, what does that have to do with raising arms against an oppressive government - that is what the 2nd amendment is all about isn't it?

What does any cops firearm have to do with that?
What I think would be optimal is that they are allowed to carry, but have to be more highly trained. The money isnt worth their life, but, sometimes a robber might kill anyways. In such a situation, it would be very beneficial to be armed, both mentally and physically.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

And you would be wrong...

1 point for trying though.

Major dumb move by the bank president for sure! But not the carrying, just the brandishing.

edit on 6-12-2012 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I support gun rights but I think the bank president's actions indicate that he has more of a thug mentality about using a gun as a power symbol rather than being a level-headed responsible gun owner. As the law stands now I don't think bank employees can carry to protect themselves from a deranged boss. While I tend to think this is an incident stemming from the bank president's personal issues, looking at it from the conspiracy angle it could also be a false flag type of gun story to incite further support for more gun laws for the rest of us. Any gun story fuels the controversy. The elite and thugs generally will not be affected by stricter gun laws anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem

Originally posted by something wicked

What does any cops firearm have to do with that?
What I think would be optimal is that they are allowed to carry, but have to be more highly trained. The money isnt worth their life, but, sometimes a robber might kill anyways. In such a situation, it would be very beneficial to be armed, both mentally and physically.

What does a cops firearm have to do with that? You really need to ask the question? A 'cop' is there with a firearm for a specific purpose - to uphold the law. I can't believe you would even ask the question, but then, maybe I should.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

My comment had nothing to do with "raising arms against an oppressive government" I don't count on armed bankers handling that too well. I was meaning along the lines that if people knew that the employees of a business (any business) were armed, then the people thinking about robbing the business might be deterred.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In Minnesota the only places you cannot carry are schools, daycare centers, courthouses and the post office, the rest are up to the owners. Bars are ok but your bac. cannot exceed .04. If your bac. is above .04 your permit is considered invalid.

And even if a building owner doesn't want you to carry they have to post a sign at every entrance. And even then they have to ask you to leave if you choose to carry anyway. It only becomes a crime if you refuse to leave after asked.

There was a big dustup over the Mall Of America posting gun ban signs so for the first couple of years it was muddy water as whether you could carry there, but they clarified that a member of mall ownership or security had to ask you to leave if they discover that you are carrying.

That one was important because for a while the mall was gang HQ for Minneapolis street gangs. So I stopped shopping there until it was clarified. Now I carry even if they have a sign up, but if asked to leave I would.

And that bank pres should lose his right to carry, he's shown very bad judgement.

Who shows a gun to female employee by pointing it at them?
edit on 6-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

My comment had nothing to do with "raising arms against an oppressive government" I don't count on armed bankers handling that too well. I was meaning along the lines that if people knew that the employees of a business (any business) were armed, then the people thinking about robbing the business might be deterred.

........................... or they might decide to just shoot to kill right off to avoid the risk of them getting a chance to shoot back. You may live in the wild west or a movie, carrying a gun doesn't make you a sharpshooter and a public servant in a bank should NOT be put in a position where they get into a shootout with someone wanting to take what is not their money. Sorry, this really does go to fantasyland.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
When I first read that thread title I thought , who cares ? The man's the bank president . I did'nt have to read far before I realized that I care , people who whip out guns in inappropriate places just for fun do not deserve the right to carry them .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The story isnt that somebody brought a gun to work. Millions of people do that everyday.

The story is that the idiot played with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If I ran a bank I'd carry a gun too - in a holster, in plain site. As for pointing it at her, or not, maybe just playing with it, well he's an idiot either way. Gun safety 101.

Small rant here. My biggest concern with gun owners are the sub-group who are gun lovers. Guns are a tool, like a hammer. Not your girlfriend, not your XBox - the folks in this group look fools when going around talking about their guns like they're showing off toys.

Practice your shot on the range or in safe area, put it away, lock it up and don't talk about it. Yes we have guns - so what, I also have a drill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join