It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Dr. Melba Ketchum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

As Robin would say to Batman, HOLY MACRO! Robert Lindsay, according to his various sources, today just announced that Dr. Melba Ketchum's Bigfoot DNA study may be published by tomorrow. This latest update is somewhat consistent within the time-frame that our source leaked to us earlier this week (We haven't reported this yet).

Well they are posting it on "bigfoot evidence" now. It seems like from the above quote that they also heard something but did not report it yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

There is unconfirmed information that the study will be published (peer reviewed) sometime before January 15th. Not sure if this is a fact...I've been told that there has been NO announcement within the study group BUT 'the study is GOOD'. In otherwords, the information earlier released by Dr. Ketchum is definitely in the study, as well as other interesting findings. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this and will be updating...stay tuned.

"UPDATE: Supposedly, a press release is to be issued sometime today. There were rumors of a press conference earlier. Anyway, let's see where this goes... "

source : Phantoms and Monsters

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Published on Jan 13, 2013

theBigfootReport.com... • ‪TazerMedia.com... (all things Tazer) • Melba Ketchum DNA study is rumored to be released this week. Also this week, Ketchum actively seeking support for Federal protection of the sasquatch. Wrapping up, Daisy hoaxer, Ed Smith brought to bigfooting justice.
VIEW PROTECTION PETITION:
petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Well, here is the latest on the paper chase (bigfoot peer review) we all want to see. Its been a long road to no where. I wonder how this will all play out.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
At this point, I'm really starting to believe that if they just keep us chasing our tails, and debunking everything, then when some type of evidence does come to light, nobody will believe that either.

Must be the conspiracy theorist in me.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

The way I figure it-If your just looking at all the weird crap from the outside (like finding bigfoot -Acient Aliens-Ghost Adventures-Ghost Hunters[-UFO hunters etc..) its all just entertainment. Nothing to get all hung up about (stawberyfields forever!) just fun to watch and follow if you want too.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
She's toast man. Just toast

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I don't know. She is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Tons of work all over the world for those. I just worry about those invested (?) with her and the research. I do know www.nabigfootsearch.com... is "all in" with Dr. Ketchum. I like them myself, lots of good research and books by David Paulides.

All we can do is watch from the outside and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I don't know. She is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Tons of work all over the world for those. I just worry about those invested (?) with her and the research. I do know www.nabigfootsearch.com... is "all in" with Dr. Ketchum. I like them myself, lots of good research and books by David Paulides.

All we can do is watch from the outside and see what happens.

I think TXRabbit was making a joke -- melba toast.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyD1966

See, Thats why I don't like to be serious!
I even have some melba toast in the kitchen. I keep it on hand as emergency food. It last forever.

I've even heard (on blogs) people refer to her as Melba toast. I'm slipping.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OK, Time for a little update on the bigfoot world. Dr. Melba Ketchum is also mention in this update on all the crap going on. Its only been going on for about 55 years. (prints found at logging site 1958 started the ball rolling in the media 1958). Is there a bigfoot to study DNA from? Is it all just hoaxing? Hell, its up to you to decide.

From the Bigfoot BUNKER! Sasquatch TeamTazer Min Jan16th 2013
Published on Jan 16, 2013
Save the forest people, why is Bigfoot so rare, and does the critter hibernate in the winter time?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have nothing to add except this--- from the late Mitch Hedberg

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bedford talks about Dr. Melba Ketchum after he raps the Provo Utah bigfoot story. Catchy tune also.

Bumped into Bigfoot

Published on Jan 18, 2013

Bedford raps an epic account of the bigfoot encounter in Provo canyon.
With the new evidence from Dr. melba ketchum, who knows, bigfoot or sasquatch might just be in Provo canyon.

edit on 18-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: you hear that?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Looks like that peer review paper is going to get published. This news just broke when Melba ketchum posted "Buckle up" on her face book page.

"Breaking: Ketchum Bigfoot DNA Paper Previewed in DeNovo Scientific Journal, Embargoed Til 2/13"
Here it is folks. The Holy Grail of Bigfoot research right before your eyes. We're just going to leave it up to you to decipher what could possibly turn the scientific world upside down. Skeptics, go thaw some crow right now, because this is going to blow your mind.

Apparently, there's a glitch on www.denovojournal.com that's allowing us to access Dr. Melba Ketchum's Bigfoot DNA manuscript. Don't try to access with your desktop computer, because the glitch only works on mobile phone. Ketchum's paper will be published in Denovo Scientific Journal and the press embargo is being left tomorrow, February 13, 2013.

THREE BIGFOOT GENOMES SEQUENCED IN 5-YEAR DNA STUDY

New Research Paper Published Friday Shows Homo Sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species Extant in North America
DALLAS, February 10th

A team of scientists will publish their five-year long study of DNA samples from a novel hominin species, commonly known as “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” on Friday February 15th, 2013. The results suggest that the legendary Sasquatch is extant in North America and is a human relative that arose approximately 13,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an novel primate species.

The study, “Novel North American Hominins, Next Generation Sequencing of Three Whole Genomes and Associated Studies,” was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology. The team, led by Dr. Melba Ketchum of DNA Diagnostics in Nacogdoches, TX, included Dr. Pat Wojtkiecicz, Director of the North Louisiana Criminalistics Laboratory; Ms. Aliece Watts of Integrated Forensic Laboratories in Euless, TX; Mr. David Spence, Trace Evidence Supervisor at Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences; Dr. Andreas K. Holzenburg, Director of the Microscopy & Imaging Center at Texas A&M University; Dr. Douglas G. Toler of Huguley Pathology Consultants in Fort Worth, TX; Dr. Thomas M. Prychitko of Wayne State University in Michigan; Dr. Fan Zhang of the University of North Texas Health Science Center; and Sarah Bollinger, Ray Shoulders, and Ryan Smith of DNA Diagnostics.

In total, 110 specimens of purported Sasquatch hair, blood, skin, and other tissue types were analyzed for the study. Samples were submitted by individuals and groups at 34 different hominin research sites in 14 U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. Ketchum’s team sequenced 20 whole and 10 partial mitochondrial genomes, as well as 3 whole nuclear genomes, from the samples.

Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) comes from mitochondria, energy-producing organelles in the cellular cytoplasm, and is passed down on the maternal lineage across generations. Nuclear DNA (nuDNA) is the genetic information contained in the cell nucleus and is the equal combination of DNA from the parents of an individual.

Initially a skeptic, Ketchum implemented strict protocols to ensure the scientific integrity of the study. DNA samples from submitters and scientists working with study specimens were obtained for use as controls. DNA was extracted from samples using forensic procedures to prevent contamination. Forensics experts examined the morphology of the submitted hair samples against known human and animal samples before beginning DNA testing. “We soon discovered that certain hair samples--which we would later identify as purported Sasquatch samples--had unique morphology distinguishing them from typical human and animal samples,” says Ketchum. “Those hair samples that could not be identified as known animal or human were subsequently screened using DNA testing, beginning with sequencing of mitochondrial DNA followed by sequencing nuclear DNA to determine where these individuals fit in the ‘tree of life.'”

After extensive forensic controls to prevent contamination, mtDNA testing of the Sasquatch samples yielded fully modern human profiles. Sixteen haplotypes indicating 100% homology with modern human mtDNA sequences were observed from 20 completed whole and 10 partial mitochondrial genomes. The human mtDNA results are consistent with prior, unrelated mtDNA tests of purported Sasquatch samples from other laboratories.

Next-generation whole genome sequencing with the HiSeq 2000 platform by Illumina was performed at the University of Texas, Southwestern on one tissue sample, a saliva sample and one blood sample to produce 3 whole genomes. In contrast to the mtDNA which was unambiguously modern human, the Sasquatch nuDNA results were a mosaic of novel primate and human sequence.

“While the three Sasquatch nuclear genomes aligned well with one another and showed significant homology to human chromosome 11 which is highly conserved in primates, the Sasquatch genomes were novel and fell well outside of known ancient hominin as well as ape sequences,” explains Ketchum. “Because some of the mtDNA haplogroups found in our Sasquatch samples originated as late as 13,000 years ago, we are hypothesizing that the Sasquatch are human hybrids, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.”

Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo.

“Novel North American Hominins, Next Generation Sequencing of Three Whole Genomes and Associated Studies.”

Authors: Ketchum MS, Wojtkiewicz PW, Watts AB, Spence DW, Holzenburg AK, Toler DG, Prychitko TM, Zhang F, Bollinger S, Shoulders R, Smith R

Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Exploration in Zoology. 11 January 2013.

Specimens yielding DNA were obtained, purportedly from elusive hominins in North America

Go here and get a preview of the paper: source : bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

edit on 12-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: ADD

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here is more on "bigfoot paper" today. Published on Feb 13, 2013

Melba Ketchum announces that she has proven the Bigfoot species through her DNA study, "Novel North American Hominins" published in the DeNovo Scientific Journal.

go here and read "all" the updates on bigfoot peer review paper release! bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: add

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
here's some of the erickson footage
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
here's some of the erickson footage
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for that! That was only release before in "one photo" this is the first film. Cool. Good find. The journal supposedly references the Matilda Bigfoot (below) creature and the offspring of Zana.

Supplemental video 1 sasq clip1 H 264
Uploaded on Feb 10, 2013
No description available

edit on 13-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: ok

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It will be published in "Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Exploration in Zoology"!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't this Journal 'self-published' by Melba herself?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No one here honestly ever believed this women right?

She has a nice payday lined up well done dr. ketchum.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars... Fair and balanced as usual. I agree, we need to see what was peer reviewed and the reasons it was rejected first, before we can bring the fat lady out. With all the sightings, and having known reliable people who have seen bigfoot personally, I am a believer. That of course does not prove anything... I am very interested to see what comes of this. Although I'm not holding my breath.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"publishing", deliberately and conspicuously in quotations, any document under a publication that YOU OWN and purchased for the express purpose of publishing said document, doesn't count.

Peer reviewed scientific journal?
No.

Ketchum purchased the publisher, and is essentially self-publishing this paper in a smoke and mirrors play on peer reviewed Science Journal publication.

It's a sham.

Supposedly Nat Geo Science bloggers are already laughing out loud about it.
Here's one such

Then she came out with a special edition. It’s Volume 1, Issue 1.

It contains precisely one paper, hers.

You should be laughing by this point.

The online journal is a mess. The layout is funky-ugly, it’s difficult to figure out how to actually get to the paper, and when you navigate to it, it’s got a wretched little “Buy Now” button imbedded in a couple of intersecting blocks of color in a hideous table-like layout. It reminds be of the esthetics of JoC. Anyway, it’s $30 to buy a paper so bad they had to build a custom journal around it to get it published. Not interested.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join