It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Fire Paste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Fire Paste

Canadian inventor Troy Hurtubise Known as �the bear guy� because of the Ursus bear suits he has invented. He has created a amazing new substance which he calls Fire Paste.

Troy Hurtubise says he doesn�t feel the heat, even with a 2000� C blowtorch flame blazing at his head.

''When dry, the paste is non-toxic four times lighter than aluminum, more heat resistant than titanium, and costs only pennies to make''

�It dissipates heat at an exponential rate, it�s beyond belief, and I have no idea why it does, all I know is that it does.�

Heres a video of it in action.

www.exn.ca...

Two major markets for fire paste.

-�I could coat the belly of the NASA space shuttle with fire paste for $25,000 (US), instead of the $60 million it costs for them to put tiles on it,� Hurtubise said.

�It can stand up to the heat of re-entry to the earth�s atmosphere, and then they can simply wash it off.�

Fire insurance industry interested

The fire insurance industry is also interested, Hurtubise said, and has asked him to demonstrate.

�It will save the insurance industry billions,� Hurtubise said.

He adds that fire paste can handle such high temperatures, that had the steel skeleton holding up the World Trade Towers been sprayed with it, the buildings wouldn�t have imploded after being hit by two airliners Sept. 11.

The stuff is even biodegradable

I have read up alot about this guy and hes quite amazing. Yes he is eccentric and some of his test his does are well insane. But I think most geniuses a rather insane in their own way. I also started a thread about a new type of armour he has invented to protect soldiers fighting overseas.

www.baytoday.ca...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
newbie double=posting sorry!!!

[edit on 23-10-2004 by AeroSpace Case]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Fire Paste
-�I could coat the belly of the NASA space shuttle with fire paste for $25,000 (US), instead of the $60 million it costs for them to put tiles on it,� Hurtubise said.

I hear that! I have had several colleagues go to work for USA (United Space Alliance, a sub-contractor for NASA that re-applies the heat shield tiles) in various capacities. The next generation launch vehicle needs not have the same 'issue' with tiles. Perhaps this material is a viable replacement.

If it truly disipates heat that efficiently, there must be a trick...

In heat transfer you have:

-Surface area
-Boundary conditions
-Initial conditions
-mass
-and Specific heat

The last factor is pretty much all you have to play with....
Which would suggest that is what is unique about this material.
Unless perhaps you are thinking out of the box??

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I wonder how the fire paste holds up against Maurice Ward's starlite material (there's a thread about it on Military and Government projects)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-10-2004 by lugonn]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Man, this guy is going to be the next Mr Branson. He has some very good Ideas, and I think this fire paste will take him far.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I want to see this guy coat his entire body with this stuff, hire 4 guys with blow torches and just nuke the hell out of him. Ooh, and dont forget to post the video on ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ok, I've watched the video, and am a fan of this guy...his bear suit testing was just insane in a good way.

But, if he's the guy that invented and made this fire paste, why doesn't he seem to have a clue what it's made of or how it works? Did he just take a bunch of stuff under his sink and mix it together or something? Seems kinda odd.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Ok, I've watched the video, and am a fan of this guy...his bear suit testing was just insane in a good way.

But, if he's the guy that invented and made this fire paste, why doesn't he seem to have a clue what it's made of or how it works? Did he just take a bunch of stuff under his sink and mix it together or something? Seems kinda odd.

Well he claims that it took around 30 pours to get the mixture just right. However he also says that the main ingredient can be purchased for next to nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah i thought the British guy invented that years ago, the link refers to an episode of tomorrow's world. I remember watching that very episode and i have to tell you, it was fantastic to watch.

education.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i remember watching this fire paste in action, he did some crazy stuff with it. this is the guy who invented that bear suit that could be hit by anything and withstand the injury. i just want to know where you can buy fire paste? because this articlr did come out abouta year ago

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Diet Coke. One of the ingredients. This guy is so awesome, and his haircut makes him even cooler with that canadian tuxedo. But seriously, fire paste needs to be marketed, just imagine the potential it could have with cars, planes, buildings, etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
damn right, this is an awsome find! why the hell havnt they put this in use yet? i guess the only reason might be their waiting to see whether it has any unforseen side-effects like asbestos
Anyway fully expect this stuff to be EVERYWHERE if its found safe

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I like how someone in the starlite thread said that he called the inventor and found out that the silence was due to secrecy, and immediately after other people still talk about how weird it is that it has been "covered up."

Whatever this stuff is, it looks better than aerogel, and that's good because aerogel is expensive and hard to make.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
not only will vehicles use them but coats and jackets can too.....radiation suits, volcano suits, and even firefighter jackets..

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If anybody gets the oppurtunity to watch discoverys this week this week watch it they had a good segment on bombproofing

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
First off, this guy's 'sideburns'...or lack there of are awesome.

Second, it's pretty wierd that this guy doesn't know why it works. If it really does come from 'household stuff' here are some ideas:

Lithium
Lithium Batteries
White Lithium Grease With Teflon
Lithium General Purpose Grease
Lithium stearate
Sodium magnesium silicate

Bromide
Cetyl palmitate
Domiphen bromide
Cetrimonium bromide

Diet Coke Ingredients
Diet Information.com