It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officer on the Rights of the Public to Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
"Retired NYPD detective Graham Weatherspoon talked to Luke Rudkowski about filming the police and some of the historic moments he was apart of in his life. Graham Weatherspoon is the spokesperson for 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care. The event was filmed at a recent Police Reform Organizing Project (PROP) event in Harlem NY."

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Amen, The cops use film to monitor us, we have the right to use it to monitor them. The hypocrisy must yield to the righteous!
edit on 6-12-2012 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: adding and punctuation correction

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Until the day cameras are banned and taken off the shelves,

you can be damn well certain, if big brother is watching us, we are watching them, with or without our first amendment right.

This former police officer breaks it down quite nicely. Share this video with your sheeple friends and family. If this sort of topic is being discussed, there's a problem.

Birds eye perspectives people!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That man should be mayor. He speaks the truth about violence. I’m sure that my city is nowhere near as violent as it was in the 70’s. They make a big deal of a relatively minor one on one punch on. I’m betting that was a regular occurrence in decades gone by. But the population is being conditioned to believe that violence is out of hand and drastic measures and new powers need to be made to stop it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow he is one of the most real and intelligent cops I've ever seen. A very wise man if there ever was one.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's obvious how corrupt the government is.

It's no wonder the world has a "shadow government."

Criminals hate being watched.

edit on 6-12-2012 by WaKingLieFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There are a lot of these retired cops who are somewhat sensible.

I guess it's easier to speak up when you're no longer relevant yet still getting your obscene pension than it is to speak up when you're standing shoulder to shoulder along the blue line watching your mouth and fearing the code.

Makes me suspicious of even apparently positive positions they may take. If they didnt say it then do they mean it now?

Several officers have been punished and fired for signing up with organizations like LEAP for instance.

Best to wait until you retire before believing in anything other than the typical baton bashing thuggary.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WaKingLieFE

to put it bluntly - the gentleman is an idiot - within 40 seconds he has contradicted himself

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

to put it bluntly - the gentleman is an idiot - within 40 seconds he has contradicted himself

Really? a contradictory in the man's statement is grounds for calling him an idiot?
edit on 7-12-2012 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This man will get nothing but respect from me. We should be glad he is still standing on the wall. I want a lot of other people to know what he is saying. I am always watching and staying aware of what is going on around me in public and private and I am always willing to record whatever happens and witness as honestly as I can whatever the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Uh oh,

Mr. Ignorant Ape, trying to be a wiseman.

Talk about a contradiction, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Shouldn't we all be able to "police" ourselves so that we don't need the help of an outside source?

People just seem to be so ready to "call the cops" over the least little disturbance.

I have never really understood why a person would want to be someone that "polices" others...

Oh wait...now I see why.....

oxi

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The rights of the people outweight the damages done to us.

top topics

join