It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My chemo diary.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I thought I may make a little diary of my next round of chemo. It thought it could provide an insight and maybe take away some of the fears and misconceptions surrounding chemotherapy.

I am on my 5 cycle of six. I am taking a drug called temozolomide for glioblastoma brain Tumor. After 3 cycles a scan revealed a partial response, which was good news.

The course takes five days. 2 capsules of the drug a day.

I have just taken my first anti sickness pill and will take my chemo half an hour later.

At the moment I feel fine and almost look forward to getting the drugs down me. I then intend to use a combination of mindful meditation and visualisation on the chemos path to my tumour.

I will check in later when I feel the first effects. Normally around 11am gmt.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Good idea for a thread .i know there are many people undergoing chemo daughter in law starts in a couple of weeks hers is for breast cancer and she has been told all kinds of things most of them negative .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So I would say.it has pretty much kicked in. I describe it as the feeling you have after drinking too much alcohol and not having slept off its effects. No headache, just a general lethargy and slightly bad tempered. Don't want to be disturbed.

Have done a quick meditation which I find very relaxing and grounding. Gonna try and sleep it off for a bit. Hopefully be feeling up for some lunch after.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yay, made it to lunch. Had a few bouts of nausea, but they can be ridden out, by lying down. I have meds for anti sickness, but it's not that bad that I need to take more pills. Feel better after eating, still lethargic. Even going to the loo seems like a chore, but has to be done, I also need a shower.

I'm hoping that's the worst for the day over. Still feel like crap, but not as intense. Hopefully got the energy to watch a film or something this afternoon. Still a bit grouchy, so I'll avoid the main boards for now.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I sincerely hope that chemotherapy works for you.I had a course of chemo last month as I have Leukaemia,and I have decided not to complete the course that the Hospital had planned for me as I have never felt as ill in my life whilst undergoing the treatment.
However,thst is just me personally,good luck to those who are currently undergoing chemo and I will be very interested in reading any further updates from you as your treatment progresses.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Hey woodwardjnr - since you first posted about your illness I have been thinking of you. I think you have the most important element to survival - a positive attitude. Thanks for your update and keep on being you. You'll beat this.

CJ

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Good luck man!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'll reply to some of the posts when I'm off the chemo. Not great at thinking clearly at the moment.

I feel a lot better now, I've had a little doze and a shower, so am up and about for the first time today. I have found the relaxation and meditation audio books really helpful. They help combat the boredom and frustration f lying in bed. I find it hard to keep the concentration to read a book or watch a film.

I just feel a bit groogy, no nausea or appetite loss, in fact I can't wait for my dinner. So up to here its not been bad at all. Not saying I could go to work or anything, but it's not the puking , hair falling out experience some may imagine it to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's great that you decided to make this thread. I think it was in September when all my chemo ended. Finally had my port removed recently and now it's just follow-up visits to all my doctors. Cancer is gone.

Are you on the kind of meds that will make you lose your hair? That was hard for me because I had really long hair before I began chemo and lost it. It is short now but growing back nice and full.

I understand your fatigue. I never slept so much in all my life! LOL As another patient put it, "It's a profound tiredness."

I had two kinds of anti-nausea pills. They helped a lot but there were still days where I was a bit queasy. The hardest part for me was towards the end where I kept feeling like I was going to pass out and I had to travel 15 to 20 minutes out of the city for most of my appointments. Kind of hard when you don't even want to get out of bed. LOL It's amazing what you can go through when you have to.

I hope you have people who help you with cooking and cleaning and whatever. Rest up Honey. You're going to be fine. This is only temporary. I went for almost a year with so many appointments for tests, chemo and doctors I was thrilled when I could finally look at a calandar and see days off then a whole week. WOW!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Good day woodwardjnr, i am sorry to here of your illness and wish you all the best on the road to recovery.

may i please ask what your age is ? how long you have known you've had cancer ? and how long have you been on this 'medication'?

kind regards,

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I thought I may make a little diary of my next round of chemo. It thought it could provide an insight and maybe take away some of the fears and misconceptions surrounding chemotherapy.

I am on my 5 cycle of six. I am taking a drug called temozolomide for glioblastoma brain Tumor. After 3 cycles a scan revealed a partial response, which was good news.

The course takes five days. 2 capsules of the drug a day.

I have just taken my first anti sickness pill and will take my chemo half an hour later.

At the moment I feel fine and almost look forward to getting the drugs down me. I then intend to use a combination of mindful meditation and visualisation on the chemos path to my tumour.

I will check in later when I feel the first effects. Normally around 11am gmt.

You have fallen into their trap. It's been proven. All you have to do is put a drop of hemp oil(cannabis oil) under your tongue every day and your cancer will start disappearing. For skin cancer, put a drop on the affected area and cover with a band-aid. Cancer is shown to go away in 3 days to a week. Longer for internal cancers. NO SIDE EFFECTS.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So that's it for today. Repeat the process for the next four days. Again my appetite has not been effected, just feel tired and ready for an early night. So I will update this during the process if there is anything interesting to report. I will answer peoples questions too, if I manage to feel as as I do. I guess I'm lucky the side effects are quite tolerable. Other stories sound a lot harsher.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Keep your chin up mate.
I've got everything crossed for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
firstly i must say ..hang in there wood..your doing well ..i nursed my wife through breast cancer this last year and you have to remember not all chemo is the same and not everyone reacts as smoothly as you have ..my wife lost all hair within 3 weeks ,and it has taken a over a year for her energy levels to return to somewhere near what they were before ..each cancer is different and each treatment is tailored to that individual ..our oncologist was superb and said at the start that in this day and age there was no need for anyone undergoing chemo to be sick ..as the anti nausea meds have improved loads ..secondly the person who said about hemp oil ..please please please do your research properly and do not call it hemp oil ..it is not hemp ..(technically its the same species but hemp will do zero for cancer )you need the best quality indica strains ,thc is needed in abundance ..and to put this into prospective 16 oz of high grade buds will make the 60grams of oil needed to treat cancer successfully ..its not as easy as it sounds trust me ,ive been researching cannabis for the last 30 years .the body is an endocannabinoid system and you need to flood that system with thc and cbd as quickly as possible to cause apostosis of cancer cells ..and trust me its not that pleasant a feeling for the first few days in fact most people with no tolerance of cannabis will basically sleep for 4 days ..a lot of people find being high 24/7 for the first week uncomfortable ..then they realise that they are mending ,most report a feeling of light in their bodies and then the improvements happen little by little but it does indeed work and i handed our oncologist and surgeon over 800 clinical trials and information from friends such as jeff ditchfield and the cbd crew .the medical industry in the uk knows full well what thc and the other 63 cannabinoids are capable of and the politics behind its prohibition is gradually being eroded .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Heck dude
one of the good guys getting C.
Anyhow I will try and use my jedi powers to help you dude and what a great idea having this diary

You already know many of us are here for you, all you need to do is shout.
Chin up, think positive and good luck.
BMxxx

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just like to offer you my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

One bit of useful advice for you. Be sure to re-populate your gut flora regularly ie; good bacteria - acidophilus,
bifidus etc.
The chemo can be very harsh on your stomach and this can be somewhat eased by taking these strains of good bacteria. ( your local healthfood store should be able to point you at the ones best suited to your needs )

Your positive attitude will go a long way toward your happy healthy future.

All the best ...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hope you get better.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Get off that irradiated pesticide and start looking into Liquid Zeolyte, Colloidal and Ionic Gold and Silver, natural Supplements and other natural alternatives, even if it's on top of your current treatments.

Good luck and God bless.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks Night Star. I am so pleased you kicked your cancers but. your chemo sounds much harsher than what I am going through. I'm lucky that the side effects are relatively mild. Just like a terrible hangover for five days. The lethargy is the worst thing.

I'm also lucky to have a team of great careers, mum dad brother and friends make sure I don't have to do anything.
All my chemo is taken in pill form from home, so no intravenous in ejections or anything as invasive.

The worst thing is occasionally the capsules repeat on you and you get a brief taste of the chemo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join