It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The FEMA Camps For Our Survival?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It doesn’t seem debatable that the camps are there. Pictures, first-hand accounts, government records, black budget, etc. Next, I believe the civilized world has come to agreement, for better or for worse, that the Holocaust was a real historical event. As an added incentive to hold the government’s intentions as suspect is, well, everything else it does.

It all adds up to a horrible scenario.

But what if, in a near unfathomable exhibition of compassion, the government realizes that the vast majority of the population is incapable of:
• building their own bunkers,
• stockpiling enough supplies for an extended catastrophe,
• surviving the resulting anarchism,
• handling the intricacies of whatever it is that may be coming

Personally, I seriously doubt it is probable, but wouldn’t it be a monstrous surprise if the announcement comes that “blah blah” is going to happen in “x” number of days, so everyone should just make their way in a nice and orderly fashion to your nearest camp where you will be properly tended until the emergency is over?

And then they do it!!!

I know that’s a lot of wishful thinking, but if there is some awful event on its way, is this course of action at least possible?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You are seriously gonna walk right into that trap?
And after mentioning the holocaust?
If "blah blah" was going to happen, dont you think a crappy tent city behind a chainlink fence is not much better off than say, anywhere else?
A caged in area with craptons of people out of their normal environments and probably with an ill-proportioned amount of supplies among them all, no thank you. I am going to stay in my home in such a scenario. Id have a better chance of survival here if that were possible, and if not, I would rather die in my home or somewhere of my choosing, not a camp.
edit on 6-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Does this sound like your theory?

FEMA camps/ Internment camps, not sure if there is a difference, but these places are for "prisoners and detainees".

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You know, I'm the kind of person that can't even go to a crowded movie theater without picking up a nasty cold or other bug within a day afterward. There are a great many reasons they can count their rosters one rabbit short of expected when checking who made the trip into their safety. Hey, if it's really become that bad....I'm also pragmatic. Life IS 100% fatal. No exceptions. Which is preferable? A crowded and nasty camp? (Hey, that New Orleans experience was something at the Convention Center, eh?) or whatever nature has figured we have coming at that point?

Just think of me as either the one who is always one hop ahead in 2012....or more likely with my luck? The Alex Jones character at Yellowstone. Might as well have a front row seat!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

I suddenly realize I could offend people by appearing to be insensitive and I want to deeply apologize immediately. That could not be further from the truth.

I think I agree with you about taking my chances on my own in such a situation, but what I was trying to reason with is this: would the government actually attempt to provide a better opportunity? I have said multiple times that the most important thing in the universe to me is the welfare of my family. Also, at least for me, if I keep my ego in check I have to admit there are so many survival skills I lack that I would like to believe my proposition is at least possible, if not probable. Whatever comes can have me, but if my family would honestly and sincerely be cared for better in such an environment, I would have a hard choice to make.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm of the mentality that a person/family is ALWAYS better off on their own rather than to be controlled and herded like cattle at the mercy of whatever organization. You gather thousands upon thousands of people into small, cramped quarters, controlled food and supplies disbursements among them, bed assignments, etc... and I guarantee you this will be the worst place for your family to be.

Our fellow neighbours around us are not nice people, that's the ugly truth. Now imagine being cramped into one of these FEMA camps with your friendly neighbourhood self-centered control freaks, hoodlums, paedophiles, drug addicts, and whatnot...

No thank you.

Whether you think you lack "survival" skills or not, OP... when it comes down to keeping you and your family alive, survival instincts naturally kick into overdrive. Never underestimate the capabilities of what you think you don't know.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There to keep the Zombie Hordes away from your family.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
NEVER TRUST any government or government minions ... they DO NOT have your best interests or wellbeing in mind .... better off to rely on family , friends and neighbors when / if you ever need help.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I actually agree with you.

For example, while the financing behind Social Security resembles a Ponzi scheme (young payers > old pensioners) it was implemented since most people are really bad at setting up retirement. It's become a lot of other things but this thread isn't about Social Security. It's about survival. Most people are bad at that too.

While I agree to not trust the government, I also do know that most people lack the basic survival skills to not be dead in a week. The Katrina victims, for example, were complaining about having no water to drink while standing in three feet of it. Apparently out of the 12,000 to 15,000 people in the Super Dome none had the knowledge or organizational skills to purify water. That should say a lot.

It's inevitable that a major disaster will happen. Having pre-staging areas for relief and aid is good planning.

Now, with that being said I wouldn't trust FEMA to correctly pick up my dog's poop. Incompetent government is still incompetent. As such these might be de facto concentration camps as the question remains if they can provide the aid, material, and sanitation to adequately deal with the situation with out it turning into a dangerous situation for those involved. Their current track record points to "no."

I am so firmly entrenched in the position that they are more dangerous than helpful, when they send out the police/National Guard/Blackwater folks to round up the people who have the capability to stay home (again, as they did in Katrina) I will be hiding out until they move on.

Thus I am a preper.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Thats EXACTLY what there up to! For the first time in recorded history a Government puts the needs of the people first! Sorry, didn't mean to get so cynical. Just get ready the best you can. Contact this guy, hes the one who trained me when I was in the military. Got more creds than than anyone out there. Christian and avid prepper. If he can't train you up I don't think it can be done. I just got a email saying he is about to start his own school. Worth giving a look www.asistsurvival.com He is a nice guy so if you got any special needs Im sure he will help. Although I havn't talked to him in a long while.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Personally, I seriously doubt it is probable, but wouldn’t it be a monstrous surprise if the announcement comes that “blah blah” is going to happen in “x” number of days, so everyone should just make their way in a nice and orderly fashion to your nearest camp where you will be properly tended until the emergency is over?

And then they do it!!!

I know that’s a lot of wishful thinking, but if there is some awful event on its way, is this course of action at least possible?

Sure, it's possible...and, in many temporary SHTF scenarios, even plausible. Just look at the FEMA camps after Katrina.

However, rather than be rationed resources, and housed in tents, etc., I'd much rather make my own fate and wait out a disaster in my own home, behind my own fences and guns.

top topics

join