It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New just joined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's six am in the uk , and i decided to see if there was a reason my eyes changed colours depending on my mood.
And i found a few answers here lol .Still none the wiser though
Any ideas why some peoples eyes change colour? .. mine range from light blue,green,grey etc.
Going to browse your site and enjoy

Thanks for having me!
Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LeanneMarie

And i found a few answers here lol

Welcome to ATS. I'd be curious to hear why that happens to your eyes too.

Since you brought it up. This is ATS. Ideas are welcome.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Welcome LeanneMarie To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks ALL for the welcome , good job i didn't get curious about the ALERT button on the profile and press it ((admittidly i nearly did :-O))
Can i upload my own pic? or is this not advisable?
Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

is a troll ????? I have a hard time with this word ! Are we all not trolls by definition ? We read others post and make comments ! Only when someone dissagrees are they labeled a troll . Sorry but to some degree we all fit that profile . Maybe I just don't know the true definition .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

If you click "tools" in the above bar, it will take you your account settings. There will be a bar above that as well. The far right option will say "ATS Uploads" and will be in green. Click that to go to your upload space. The rules for pics are listed there and the rules for avatars and backgrounds are listed here!

There is an avatar creation thread here where you can get any help with the process that you need.

Welcome to ATS.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Do i get a signature too? .. Trying to edit my profile,failing miserabley
Thanks for the welcome

And i still have no idea how to get an avatar up there in the avatar spot thing ..
Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You will find a place to put a signature under the "Tools+" you see in the blue bar above.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks , got it now
will upload a pic
Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I see you got it. Theres a lot to learn, take it slow... some times it can be frustrating. There are help threads . Use the search tool in the blue bar window above to find out some stuff. One thing I used to do to find out how people do stuff is hit the "quote" button in a post instead of "reply". This shows what tools they used to bring video and links to their work. When done looking at their methods you can back arrow out of the "quote" function from your browser and it won't return a reply.

Feel free to message me if you get stuck. U2U messages are allowed after so many posts and you can send one in the pull down menu below peoples avatar where it says "member". Another member is a good helper. His user name is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In his "signature" window at the bottom of his post is yellow letters that invite you to reach him. He helped me a lot when I was new.

edit on 6-12-2012 by intrptr because: change...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thank you for the help
appreciated very much.
Learning about the tab at the bottom now,then i'm going to browse the site

May even type in random words just to see what it comes up with hehe , in a playful mood

Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

I suppose we are all a little troll at times
.. depending on how others perceive what we say.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Welcome LeanneMarie!

My husband's eyes are like yours. They tend to reflect whatever color shirt he is wearing and change tint accordingly- though not always turning the same color as what he is wearing. My guess would be that you have lighter colored blue or hazel-ish eyes. I guess some people's eyes are just more "reflective" than others, especially if you have different colored "flecks". I personally have one brown eye and one blue eye.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
HI lea, which part of this beautiful cold country are you from?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I like the changing of Eye color. Most of scientific articles say it is not possible and is a perception based on clothing color.
Evidently they are not too perceptive. Mine varies between the green colors, depending on my mood. It is not really the mood though, it is what causes the mood. There is chemistry in the eyes that has a direct connection to chemistry of the brain. This chemistry is controlled by mineral uptake and some chemicals in food. The reactions that can cause changes usually take eight hours or more to appear, what you have for supper last night can effect you in the morning. This is a lot more complex than man can presently understand so the typical thing to do is to deny it happening for lack of understanding the mechanism of how.
Oh well, I know about four people who can change between green/blue/hazel/gray. These are the only ones I have noticed. None of them wears contacts either. For those who say clothes color can change eye color remember that dyes are chemicals and they touch the biggest organ of the body. Can they change chemistry? I suppose they could.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hello
I'm from Cheshire u.k , but have lived in alot of places , and it's freezing lol
Merry Xmas
Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Excellent , that seems like a more reasonable explanation than reptillian , which is one of the reasons i've read , i'm open minded , don't get me wrong , but i don't see myself as part lizard
*pokes out tongue* nope it isn't fly catching material haha

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeanneMarie

Excellent , that seems like a more reasonable explanation than reptillian , which is one of the reasons i've read , i'm open minded , don't get me wrong , but i don't see myself as part lizard
*pokes out tongue* nope it isn't fly catching material haha

So do reptillians use their tongues when they kiss?
Oh my god, I don't remember any teens that weren't reptillians from in the seventies.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I love the one brown eye and blue eye look,it's stunning.
My daughter has blue eyes with a dark greeny yellow line going through the iris of her left eye.
I definately think it's science and brain chemicals though,after all when i'm in the bath they don't reflect the bubbles
or the shampoo lol But i'm definatley going to watch the colours i wear and the colour my eyes may go.
Merry Xmas

Lea
x

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Do reptillians kiss?
Teens do a good impression of them if they do lol , teens and lizards goes together like coffee with milk (no sugar) haha

top topics

join