It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is happening to children in America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When my kids were little Barney was THE thing. Big purple dinosaur singing "I love you. You love me" and it seemed to me then that TV was teaching them things that maybe I didn't want them seeing without comprehension.

My kids are 20-something's. And I'm noticing something that has changed in their age group: entitlement.

"I'm here. I showed up for work. I need to get to be boss by the end of the week, and gimme my paycheck. I'll be over here, in the corner, playing games on the phone."

I see very little sense of responsibility. Toward employment, what their parents "owe" them, etc.

Now-the babies. My boyfriends two year old grandson is here everyday. The kids will be 21 this month. Young parents. This boy get to watch any movie he wants. His parents try to keep him corralled in his room (locking the door, illegally). When I see the 3 of them together each parent is on their phone FB, games, who cares, and Scooter is running amok, as 2 year olds are want to do.

I believe this is a multi-layered problem. But the rearing of a child is still a parents responsibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Raising a child is a lot of work. I have written about this before but I refuse to give my daughter processed garbage. It means growing my own, baking my own, canning my own, trips to the farmers market and organic markets.

When my daughter has a cold, she gets Lemon Soda (her name) which is baking soda and lemon juice, I wouldn't dream of giving her a drug store concoction. She is almost 6 and has only had antibiotics once and if I had known then what I know now, she wouldn't have had them.

I stay at home, financially it is a big sacrifice but there is no way I could feed and care for my family like I do and work full-time. I also have time for play, for walks.

I think raising children takes two parents, I understand there are exceptions but if you have one parent working outside of the home and one inside, you child has the best chance in this world. We have a group of friends who have the same ideals and we have no autism, no obesity, no seizures, no adhd. Just a group of smart, healthy, happy children.

For the record, she goes to regular school and is fully vaccinated (though I staggered the vaccinations).

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A possible reason for increased incidence of asthma may be wall-to-wall carpeting which is popular and common now but was almost non-existent when I was a youth. Where I live now doesn't see so much asthma in children and the floors are predominantly tile.

As for overweight problems I tend to think that may be largely due to processed and prepared foods with some of the additives they have to enhancement flavor and encourage consumption. "Fat-free" foods are often the worse culprits in this. Fat helps signal "fullness" and let us know when we have had enough, though added fats and the types of fats are not the healthiest choices and are common in processed foods. Additives such as MSG prompt us to eat beyond normal satiety, which is a goal for food producers to increase sales of their products.

Other maladies may just be over-diagnosed and the pharma industry does little to discourage that. Some mild forms of autism, as they are viewed today, might have been seen as merely the lack of full social adjustment in the past. It really is not a great measure of health to be considered well-adjusted in a sick society. Many influences upon us are not necessarily in place for concerns of our own self-betterment. The bottom line has no goal or benefit in seeing us live long and healthy lives free of medical maladies.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My theory

The affect of the decline of the dollar.

Parents have to work more to afford the same things they use to buy for less, have less money for babysitters, kinds end up being watched by the tv during the night and their public school 'educators' during the day learn all the things the main stream media and state run education has to offer, get stuck eating inexpensive GMO foods because thats all mommy and daddy can afford, end up with no spiritual or moral education, and get molded into a big dumbed down greedy fat robot that serves the system like a good little sheep.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I believe food allergies could be caused by pesticides...

Source

We need to learn how to destory bugs without destorying ourselves....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
-1 in 3 is overweight
-1 in 6 has learning disabilities
-1 in 9 has asthma
-1 in 10 has ADHD
-1 in 12 has food allergies
-1 in 20 has seizures
-1 in 54 males has autism
-1 in 88 has autism

Statistics taken from this video.

The video is about vaccination but I don't think vaccination alone can possibly account for all this. It could be any number of things, multiple causes. Each one of the above stats could be due to multiple different causes. Or there could be one or several overarching causes: poison in the food or water or air, say.

This doesn't even take into account the social issues: gangs, crime, TV brainwashing, materialism, a culture that rewards cheating and slacking...it makes me sick to think of bringing up a child in this world. Although I want to be a mother and raise healthy, happy kids its looking like more and more of a challenge every day!

One thing is for certain: Our children are hurting bad. Think of the children!!!

When evaluating something like this a person has to look at the whole picture, taking it apart into little pieces is impossible. We have made many changes too fast and this is not good. change causes these things to happen, from changes in diet to changes in electromagnetic and frequencies surrounding us. We cannot change our environment and the chemistry we breath, inject, and consume this fast, that is the problem.

Changing the electromagnetic fields change brain and body chemistry. This causes the body to acclimate, sooner or later acclimating. during the time of acclimating the body and mind can be damaged. It doesn't matter if it is a cell phone or regular phone, that magnetic field stuck next to your head for too long is not good.

Changes in frequency cause things to happen also. Going in and out of cold to hot cause chemical changes in the body because of the change in frequency/energy and effect the body. same as listening to music, sometimes it sounds good, other times it doesn't. Frequency adjusts brainwaves, the adjustment changes perception and also mind chemistry. This is known. Frequencies are all around us, some good and some bad. Mix them with changes in food chemistry and perception can be severely compromised.

Food chemistry is the biggest contributor because it has longer term effects. Food stays in the system long after we eat. Adding chemicals to food can be good or bad, this is very complex. I see more problems with the chemistry that preserves food to make it look appealing for a longer time because this is the chemistry that is unnecessary in many cases. Buy locally grown fresh food if you can. The biggest problem in this field is that we are eating foods year round that we did not do a while back. This overloads our yearly consumption of certain things. Humans have been cyclic eaters for all their history, eating certain things based on seasonal availability. You can not change this in a hundred years, it takes a thousand years of evolution to properly do this. We are talking slowly getting sick here, it is unnoticeable till something happens. It is undetectable in blood tests because it is at the cellular level. It has to do with the junk DNA or nutrigenomics based on our ancestors eating habits, something that can be changed slowly throughout generations.

It's too much change too fast on an individual basis that causes the problem. Most of the allergies and genetic flaws are not what you think. What they tout as a genetic flaw is mostly the inability to eat a certain food or type of food, the junk DNA doesn't recognize it properly, the body doesn't react properly and make the right chemistry. Wrong enzymes are created, Amino acids are made wrong. The body is confused, something that consciousness is not in contact with. Everyone is different, we cannot all eat alike. Women have evolved different than men and need different foods. These vaccines are troublesome to some but not others. No two people have the same genetics, not even twins. After three years eating differently even twins have changed the chemistry of the body at the cellular level, changing temperament and perception. This gives us individuality.

The biggest givers to charity are those with the autism gene. This has been discovered. Seems these people who can have children with this somehow are more compassionate. Is this a sign? Maybe. Someday science will know for sure. A parent can keep this autism from activating in their kids, diet is the cue.

The problem comes from the regular joe getting too much money and blowing it on what they assume are better foods. Too much change too fast again.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Doctors are a bunch of pill pushers for one,

If they got Americans off all these pills we might actually get rid of these crooks running the country

Many reason for this have been posted, but I feel so hopeless,

they need to take all that crap away from the kids, buy them bikes, let them go outside and play in the dirt, buy them some roller-skates.

for gods sake.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

As for overweight problems

once again they need to go outside and play, none of my kids, grand-kids or great-grand kid are overweight, they are always outside.

It will also solve depression, sitting with video games cause all kinds of problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

(though I staggered the vaccinations).

I did too, I held off on it as long as possible.

edit on 093131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Little Johnny wont sit still,

No $hit Sherlock he is six.
edit on 093131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I think you hit quite a bit of it, right there! I have seen far too many parents who contribute to their children's problems (such as obesity), and then wring their hands wondering "how could this happen?" Oh, perhaps because you were too busy watching "Jersey Shore" to prepare a healthy meal for your child, instead relying on processed crap and episodes of "Spongebob" to do your parenting for you?

Another contributing factor, in my opinion, is how many false diagnoses are given out. A child doesn't pay attention? Well, she must have ADD. Another child pays too much attention to small details? Well, he must be autistic.

I, and this is just MY interpretation for what it is worth, feel that doctors are going overboard on diagnoses which causes the numbers of cases to rise. The more cases there are, the more other doctors think this is becoming a prevalent condition, and they feel more comfortable diagnosing that condition, thus more cases. It's a spiral of madness.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Too much sugar, too many preservatives, too much spectator entertainment and not enough exercise.

I'm 47 and when I was a kid, through the summer, we were never indoors. We rode bikes, played sports (not organized sports, just a buncha kids playing softball, football, dodgeball, etc). We hiked, fished in the summer and hunted in the fall and winter.

I grew up on a farm and during school, I had to get up at 4:30 am to feed the animals, get a bath and walk to the bus stop by 6:30 for an hour ride to school. We grew our own veggies and meats and canned and froze them each year. About the only things Mom would buy at the grocery store was flour and sugar as we didn't produce those things...we were kinda what you would call financially poor back then (not destitute, just poor)...but we were well fed and healthy.

There was only like 1 or 2 "heavy kids" in my classes all the way through high school. Well in high school, there was maybe 5 kids that were overweight but even they were not "obese" like so many today are.

We have become a "spectator" society. We seem to prefer living vicariously than actually doing it ourselves...pretty sad stuff.

The best way to help our kids is to get them to learn how to "play" again...and I don't mean an X-box or a Playstation...which no such thing existed when we were all kids...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Additives and frequency manipulation.

You asked.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I remember how happy we were with a ball and jacks, they sit all day at school, then it is off to daycare, then home eat go to bed,

Major problem is no mothers in the home anymore I was always a stay at home mom.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Lol...I remember those...my sisters used to play those all the time. Do they still make jacks and marbles? I haven't seen those for so long, I had honestly forgotten about them.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Because of one of those that are part of the system of things that are ruining one very important factor that we all have in common. This common denominator is Family and governments are trying to destroy it.
Its the most important institution in the world.
Its family.

By destroying family and family values you gain control.
I want you to read what i have said and think,....just how many ways are they able to achieve this.
You will see exactly what i am saying.

However they fail. Because soon there will be news stories covering this topic and when it does come to light there will be legal cases involving those involved. Mark my words.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
3 things:

1.) Children are brought up in an environment that does not replicate the real world in any way, shape or form. They are given trophies for losing. Many schools do not permit a student to receive a failing grade despite the fact that they have, in fact, failed to learn the material. The education (er, indoctrination) system fills them with lies about being special and gives them a sense of entitlement. They engage in television and video games that sensationalize and distort their perception of what reality SHOULD be like. Parents hover over them, "protecting" them from experiencing pain or failure which is a NECESSARY component of growing and gaining wisdom and experience. I could go on forever, but in short - we are witnessing the MORONIFICATION of a nation!

2.) Children are pumped up with chemicals from the minute they are born. From toxins in vaccines, to irradiated and genetically modified foods, to over-processed foods lacking nutrition. They are exposed to chemical toxins that alter their DNA from flame retardants in clothing and bedding, to insecticide and herbicide on foods, to environmental chemicals like rocket fuel or even cleaning agents used in the home.

3.) Parents have no idea how to parent! The family unit has been destroyed thus leaving children without a strong moral compass. Many parents are more concerned about their own needs that their children's basic needs aren't met. This becomes an infinite feedback loop that allows the situation to become worse each generation.

No matter how much money we throw into education, no matter how much we throw at social and entitlement programs, no matter how many laws and regulations are passed - this trend will continue until such time that "family values" are restored in America. Given that the liberals are in charge - this will likely NEVER happen. No one should be surprised at the decay that we're witnessing right in front of our very eyes - we created it and we continue it!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

Answer to these problems are summarized here:

McDonalds, flu shots, pollution, video games....nuff said

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Parents need to RTFL.... Read The F'n Labels. Not the Nutrition labels, the ingredients! If you don't know what 1 or more of the ingredients are in the food, who's fault is it then when your kids develop illnesses?

edit on 6-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Not just for food stuffs either. "Read the labels" is one of my favorite sayings.
"Lot of people, you know what I'm sayin, they be gettin misinformed
thinkin everything is everything, that you could just get yourself
a little deal, whatever, youknowhatI'msayin you gonna get on you
gonna get rich. And all these labels be trying to lure us in like
spiders, into the web, knowhatI'msaying. So sometimes people gotta
come out and speak up, and let people understand, that you know you
gotta read the label you gotta read the label if you don't read the
label you might get poisoned..."
RZA
Understand what you are doing to yourself and your surrounding ecosystem. Read your contracts, ingredient lists, see who owns that brand you like, etc.

All forms of media to seem to be degrading together though, like there is some kind of conspiracy behind it.

Offhand it seems like it is just to make more money, instead of investing in a quality production, they just pump out as many as they can, because everyone is so damned ignorant that they keep buying/enjoying this trash.
Boycott all games, films and music until it gets better!
edit on 6-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregorian

Originally posted by XaphanI was wondering when Wertdagf would show up to derail the thread into a religion sh*tstorm like he does with so many other threads. Not one other person mentioned religion until he made an appearance.
Anyways, I'm glad most of you got the chance to make good informative posts, because the thread may take a nosedive now.

Threads that suffer "uncontrollable nosebleeds" do so because of a lack of meaningful content and/or serious forethought as to presentation. So it always rests on the OP to keep a thread on track. No one person ever has the ability, much less the power, to derail a thread...............especially on 'religious' grounds. Whining isn't a solution - intelligent input is.

As stated earlier it might have been better if you had asked something like -->

What on earth is happening to America?

then you might have gotten more input. The problems we face are systemic and not confined to the notion of the kids going wrong or whatever. Children aren't isolated little lab animals - they are brought into a corrupted system as were their parents.

America has rejected religion and Christ in favor of Satan's handiwork, and they will suffer greatly for it. The early signs of that suffering are with us as we speak............this is only the beginning!

For example this from today's news - Just two of hundreds of such incidents a day in America. School Replaces Baby Jesus with Frosty the Snowman

Seniors decry ban on Christmas tree as a 'religious' symbol in their apt complex in Newhall
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your (mis-placed) concern for American children only? What about the "Children of Gaza" as they suffer under the oppressive hand of the Jews - the Zionist's - the neo-Nazi's who run the state of Israel? Care about them OK!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONALLY - Any nation whose mothers (and fathers and other family members) murder their children, particularly by means of the especially appalling crime of partial birth abortion, and infanticide in any form, should never wonder why there are problems with American children, and those very same parents deserve to lose them to the "culture of death" ministered by Moloch, the god to whom they have been sacrificed.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join