It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one absolute truth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What if "universe" means "one vibration", as in, one level of being? This universe is "this one level of being in specific".

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

What if "universe" means "one vibration", as in, one level of being? This universe is "this one level of being in specific".

I don't KNOW anything about the limitations you seem to be placing on levels AI. I'm clearly only referring to the word and all that is captured with in. If you're saying the universe is the limit for existence? Well, that's your interpretation. Not seeing how you could arrive at such a conclusion, I suppose I would have to disagree.
The universe being a closed system would have to be closed from something, wouldn't you say?

But the universe being one vibration ? Can't call it.
edit on 6-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't KNOW anything about the limitations you seem to be placing on levels AI. I'm clearly only referring to the word and all that is captured with in. If you're saying the universe is the limit for existence? Well, that's your interpretation. Not seeing how you could arrive at such a conclusion, I suppose I would have to disagree.

Uni-verse. One word. Words are sounds, sounds are vibrations. Take a look at cymatics.

It's arguable that 'universe' could mean 'one vibration'. As in, one vibration out of many.

The universe being a closed system would have to be closed from something, wouldn't you say?

But the universe being one vibration ? Can't call it.

Not really. If a spiral staircase as a hundred different landings or floors it stops off at, none of those floors are closed off to each other. They're just distinct. And they're all part of the spiral journey.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Not really. If a spiral staircase as a hundred different landings or floors it stops off at, none of those floors are closed off to each other. They're just distinct. And they're all part of the spiral journey.

So would you say then that there are many different levels of existence in the universe? I think you would, I mean I would. Not sure where this is taking us but I'm game so far. You are a pantheist if I'm not mistaken ? Not to critisize , just asking.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So would you say then that there are many different levels of existence in the universe? I think you would, I mean I would. Not sure where this is taking us but I'm game so far. You are a pantheist if I'm not mistaken ? Not to critisize , just asking.

Thank you for asking so politely!
I am not pantheist, I am deist. And yes, I would say there are many different levels of existence. It all depends on the vibrations. And no, none of that woo woo stuff. Literally, vibrations. Like ghosts or lights.

Our world is the neanderthal of vibrations.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If there were a key to the universe I would say it is vibration. How bout you AI ?
And thanks for the decent conversation.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

...Are you toying with me?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wise man say:

Man who stands on back of toilet. Is high on pot.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

...Are you toying with me?

Why so suspicious ? You really think I'm that way ?

No AI I'm being as sincere as I can be. Ease up will ya ?

I kind of understand you thinking that way but I've told you before my man. I refuse to hold grudges. There very childish in my view.

Okay ?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassiveObserver
Wise man say:

Wise man also says:
Girl who flips bicycle upside-down have crack-up.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by PassiveObserver
Wise man say:

Wise man also says:
Girl who flips bicycle upside-down have crack-up.

I guess this thread just took a nose dive.

Get it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by smithjustinb

There are plenty of absolute truth.

1. If you where born you will die.
2. Until you die and even then you might not know what the after live truly entails if anything.
3. Reality is what an individual perceives, normality is what groups perceive.
4. The more you learn the more you become to realize of your infinite lack of knowledge.

None of these statements are absolute.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Is all one or is all separate? Is the universe trillions of individual units or is it one universe?

I found the first line in this minimal thread to be redundant. Saying one universe over emphasizes. It's like saying God spoke the one universe into one existence with one word. Why say all that when we have the word UNIVERSE ?

I'm in full agreement with itsnowagain.

Not as redundant as your contribution to the topic in this reply.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

There are plenty of absolute truth.

1. If you where born you will die.
2. Until you die and even then you might not know what the after live truly entails if anything.
3. Reality is what an individual perceives, normality is what groups perceive.
4. The more you learn the more you become to realize of your infinite lack of knowledge.

None of these statements are absolute.

So its not an absolute truth (unalterable fact) that , If you where born you will die or can you prevent it?

An absolute truth, sometimes called a universal truth, is an unalterable and permanent fact.
www.wisegeek.com...

Yet, you consider existence an absolute? Where were you before you existed and do you exist for infinity or do you consider you existence to eventually end? Maybe you can clear it up for me on why existence is the only absolute? or perhaps you can clear up whats your definition of absolute?

edit on 6-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Is all one or is all separate? Is the universe trillions of individual units or is it one universe? The answer is subjective. It depends on your perspective. You can say you are separate and be correct for you, but your determination is not absolute.

The only thing that is absolute is that we exist. Any definition beyond that is a creation of the mind. Albeit, not always insubstantial. Nevertheless, in absolute terms, untrue.

Therefore, shh. Don't define at all. Just watch.

All is one, and one is all. in other words EVERYTHING came from the one source, the one source is everything.

Our universe is merely an outcome that is possible. try and think of different universes that are governed by different 'laws', if you thought of it, its possible, and probably to your logic improbable... but all that is IS infinite and anything possible in infinity will happen infinitely.

Yes, perspective is key. you all don't realise how powerful you all are, you are connected to the most distant star in the galaxy, ALL is ONE, and ONE is ALL.

The only thing 'untrue', is trying to understand what does not exist.

Oh, and don't just watch! you're here to define and put meaning to the meaningless. Nothing has built in meaning, its your job to provide that.
edit on 6-12-2012 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

Honestly, and I'm stuck between what I said and what you said.

As much sense as it makes to not define the world because all definitions are subjective, it seems that subjectivity is inescapable. This makes me wonder if we are, in fact, supposed to be some kind of Co creative Gods.

If this is the case, then I imagine a scenario where there is a prime creator who is really in control, but uses our own creative abilities to do its bidding. We have a front row seat in watching it all play out while maintaining the illusion that we are in complete control. In this scenario, finding peace would not be done through "just watching", although that would have to still be part of it to some extent. But, you would also need to take full responsibility for the world you create for yourself and learn how to live in it and be at peace with it.

I kind of agree with you, but am reluctant to go that route because of the suffering it has caused, or should I say, the suffering I have caused myself.

It does seem fun to observe the world that your subjective interpretations create while being mindful that what you are observing belongs solely to you because you have the unique creative perception that is seeing it as only you can.

I guess the pain and suffering would come from creating pain and suffering, or creating something that you think will help you but actually causes pain and suffering.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

As much sense as it makes to not define the world because all definitions are subjective, it seems that subjectivity is inescapable. This makes me wonder if we are, in fact, supposed to be some kind of Co creative Gods.

There ya go.

If this is the case, then I imagine a scenario where there is a prime creator who is really in control, but uses our own creative abilities to do its bidding. We have a front row seat in watching it all play out while maintaining the illusion that we are in complete control. In this scenario, finding peace would not be done through "just watching", although that would have to still be part of it to some extent. But, you would also need to take full responsibility for the world you create for yourself and learn how to live in it and be at peace with it.

Why would a prime creator need anything to do its bidding? What's with people and domineering deities?

There is no illusion of complete control. We have more control than we realize. We dance to the fiddle of fate, but we choose what song it plays. Every time you create an opportunity to serve the self at the expense of others, karma comes back to bite you. Every time you create an opportunity to spread kindness, karma will bring that positive energy back to you. It's call a giant cycle. I often envision the universe as a spiral that feeds into itself, circle upon circles upon circles. Maybe the spiral corkscrews in a giant circle.

And there you have an absolute truth - a circle has no ending or beginning. Just like the divine principle.

I kind of agree with you, but am reluctant to go that route because of the suffering it has caused, or should I say, the suffering I have caused myself.

And there you have it. That's what it's all about. We would much rather have a comfortable convenient lie than the painful responsibility of truth. We choose history, not because of what happened, but because of what we want people to THINK happened. And people would much rather live peacefully than fight all their lives against a reign of lies.

I guess the pain and suffering would come from creating pain and suffering, or creating something that you think will help you but actually causes pain and suffering.

You get pain and suffering when you share pain and suffering.
edit on 6-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So its not an absolute truth (fact) that , If you where born you will die?

An absolute truth, sometimes called a universal truth, is an unalterable and permanent fact.
www.wisegeek.com...

Yet, you consider existence an absolute? Where were you before you existed and do you exist for infinity or do you consider you existence to eventually end? Maybe you can clear it up for me on why existence is the only absolute?

Existence is the only experiential thing that precedes subjective definitions. It is definitions and only definitions that are capable of a falsehood. Therefore, if you don't define, you cannot lie and your reality cannot be false. And when you are not defining, what are you? Nothing in particular, but you definitely exist. When you start to attach a label to that and say, "I am_______", that blank spot will be the subjective part of your sentence. The "I am" part is absolute.
edit on 6-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And there you have an absolute truth - a circle has no ending or beginning. Just like the divine principle.

If their is no ending or beginning then does it exist ? A circle at one time did have a starting point and an end point either-wise it would not have ever been a circle? A circle you can also see and touch, but can you see and touch a divine principle? So if the divine principle never had a beginning or an ending and you can't see, touch, or communicate with it does it exist?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

If their is no ending or beginning then does it exist ? A circle at one time did have a starting point and an end point either-wise it would not have ever been a circle?

Not if it expands from a minute point. Kinda like the Big Bang - something can conceivably come from nothing if that nothing is something that's just far too subtle for our methods.

A circle you can also see and touch, but can you see and touch a divine principle? So if the divine principle never had a beginning or an ending and you can't see, touch, or communicate with it does it exist?

Can you or touch the Pythagorean theorem? No, but you have a physical representation that demonstrates such a principle. Who says to have no beginning and no end is not an existence? If the end is the beginning and the beginning is the end, then it's a perpetual state of motion that lasts forever. If you must, add the pairs together - they cancel out! Quite literally, you are left with only the "middle". A constant state of "middle".

To be technical, "never ending and never beginning" is just a fancy term for "immortality", the exact opposite of nonexistence.
edit on 6-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join