It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocks that move on their own - strangeness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think. I have seen the video with the explanation of the water freezing around the rocks and then dragging them... however this does seem possible; it does not seem likely to me. I found the yahoo article to be quite interesting and was just gathering information to start my own thread on this subject when I noticed this one.

Whatever happens to be the cause, I know one thing for sure, the landscape is beautiful and the pictures entertain the hell out of me.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Must be some hellacious wind and ice.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
ah.. so wind and water can destroy a city, toss around 18 wheelers like paper planes but it cant move some tiny rocks with the help of a slippery clay surface and and constant ice getting thrown at it

www.nasa.gov...

must be a conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
ah.. so wind and water can destroy a city, toss around 18 wheelers like paper planes but it cant move some tiny rocks with the help of a slippery clay surface and and constant ice getting thrown at it

reply to post by christoph

Possibly.

Wikipedia Article:

Death Valley is the hottest and driest place in North America because of its lack of surface water and its low relief. It is so frequently the hottest spot in the United States that many tabulations of the highest daily temperatures in the country omit Death Valley as a matter of course.
link

So you're saying that in the hottest and driest place in North America- these terrible storms are occurring... complete with deluges of water and ice? huh... Who would have thought?

...And in the NE of the US- where I've lived most of my life, I've never heard of cars moving across ice from winds... Yes there's the atypical storm... but these are rainstorms that move things around sometimes- and happen very, very seldomly... Hurricanes are that strong...but we don't see too many of those, especially in Death Valley...

edit on 12/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Amazing pics, I didn't know this was so big.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join