It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET CIA memo: Reflections on the importance of Uri Geller’s psychic powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
New CIA files have been released, known as STAR GATE documents. They handle the notorious CIA and DIA remote viewers, also known as “psychic-spy” sources tasked to use AMP — anomalous mental phenomena — to access information not available to ordinary senses. Most of the documents presented there were classified SECRET prior to their release following Congressionally mandated review.

What do you think AFTER reading it? Is remote viewing possible or just annother drink down the drain?

Article by Starpod

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
if i recall right uri couldn't get pass the amazing randi (james randi) or chris angel
his powers failed utterly and here the cia was playing with him...sad

put me in the i like james randi crowd...

edit on 5-12-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have long suspected that the end of their "psychic" experiments (due to alleged failure to produce useful results) was a cover story. Just a hunch I've had.

I'll check out the article-- thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow! Synchronicity !! Very weird! I was doing Uri Geller spoon bending thing whilst waiting for my pint of vanilla ice-cream to get a little soft when I was watching monday night football.

I grab the pint sat down and the Blue-bell ice cream was harder than stone so I sat it down and looked at the spoon and try the bending thing. nothing !! I then ate my pint of ice cream and watched football.

I nbet lots of folks use to try that when Geller was a big thing.

The
End
edit on 5-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: added blue -bell

edit on 5-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: and an "e" on stone

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Very interesting. I thought the bit about the remote viewers possibly getting hits on 9/11 to be even more interesting, which lead me to these links:

www.starpod.us...

www.starpod.us...

metallic feel in the top portion. Newspaper headlines have something to do with a collapse of a building - a lot of people hurt or injured. I also sense a feeling of panic, people scrambling and perhaps something to do with an aircraft. In summary standing on top of a building, which is crowded inside, with people tourists, there is a perception of a large object falling-- heading toward the building. It is traveling at a great velocity and is very dense. There is a high-pitched whining sound from the object. I sense the object may cause structural damage as it crashes through the building. All of this takes place some time in the future.

From first link above.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on how Uri did his spoon bending. Apparently he always used to bring in his own spoons and other utensils to bend even when the different shows said they provided them independently. Its was said that he used to wiggle the utensils back and forth until the metal was weakened and then all he had to do was apply a small amount of pressure to make it look like it bent.

Like all fakirs he was showman and a fake doing it for money and fame. So sad.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is irrefutable proof of the human faculty of remote-viewing of subatomic particles:
smphillips.8m.com...
The third diagram compares lattice QCD calculations (using a supercomputer and published for a scientific conference) of the energy density variations (colour-coded) of the gluon fields around a Y-shaped configuration of three colour SU(3) monopoles with a diagram published 95 years earlier showing the lines of force between the basic units of matter revealed by this form of remote-viewing. The striking similarity between these two pictures, one scientific, the other of paranormal origin, cannot, plausibly, be due to chance. Nor can it be due to any clues that science a century ago could have given about the structure of subatomic particles and the string-like forces holding together their constituents.

The rest of the article provides further scientific proof of the existence of this form of remote-viewing (called "anima" in Sanskrit and known to yogis as one of the siddhis, or psychic powers).

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauNorthwolf
New CIA files have been released, known as STAR GATE documents. They handle the notorious CIA and DIA remote viewers, also known as “psychic-spy” sources tasked to use AMP — anomalous mental phenomena — to access information not available to ordinary senses. Most of the documents presented there were classified SECRET prior to their release following Congressionally mandated review.

What do you think AFTER reading it? Is remote viewing possible or just annother drink down the drain?

Article by Starpod

Remote viewing is possible.

And there are black agencies that take it and go further.

Yes geller did some false stuff but he did real too.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Stargate is really, really old. Just ATS search "stargaze" and you will see what I'm talking about. Unless these are new documents that popped up somewhere?

But they aren't, they were approved for release almost 10 years ago:

edit on 5-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The "amazing" James Randi?
Really? He is a malicious narcissistic psychopath.

He quit school and moved through Asian nightclubs.
Today, Mr. Zwinge beats capital from the slander and insult of people like Uri Geller.
In some countries his behavior is punishable.

James Randi has refuted NOTHING, nothing debunked.
If James Randi shows how he fakes a concentration camp photo, then the Holocaust never took place?
These self-proclaimed "debunker" magicians only find explanations of how an illusionist would have done it.
But these are not proofs. Every scientist has to admit that. Simple scientific logic rules.

Why should I believe the slander and allegations of a mentally disturbed stalker and loser more than Stanford University, Dr. Harold Puthof (actually the expert for telepathy in the TTSA), the CIA, and e.g. Dr. Friedbert Karger from the Max Plank Institute in Garching (he also tested it successfully).

We can argue about whether Geller has cheated on the spoon bend.
But Colonel John B. Alexander (Army Intelligence Service INSCOM) said that he and 30 reputable witnesses have seen people holding a fork at the bottom only vertically, and the fork bends back and forth several times. Without touching this place.
In the documentary "The Real X Files: America's Psychic Spies" Colonel Alexander tells about it:
www.imdb.com...
Here at 31: 12min: youtu.be...

Geller showed normal remote viewing capabilities in the Stanford lab.
And apparently there were or are supposed to be better spoon benders.
Uri Geller has never made a secret of the fact that he wanted to become wealthy. He has told that several times.

And search for "Nina Kulagina" on Youtube. Perhaps the best known case for psychokinesis.
Example: youtu.be...

The Heise author and lawyer Markus Kompa (allegedly himself a member of two illusionist associations) wrote about James Randi:

"By the way, I'm not aware that Geller consumers for money
offers any esoteric services. He has his
Fortune made in the 70s with an oil discovery, sold on QVC
Gems, acts as a motivational speaker and host
a quirky TV mentalist show.

Geller does NOT send his lawyers against "critics". That is a
By Randi pretty successfully cultivated myth. On the contrary he is
thankful for the skeptics' free PR partnership.

Geller seeks lawyers then, if he has his commercial rights
(Brand URI GELLER, copyrights, merchandising, etc.) looks hurt
or he is malignantly maligned and insulted. The
Comments by Randi, against which Geller has acted, you would have
you probably can not bid. The lawsuit was enough for Geller
after over two decades of "criticism" from Randi
let offer. That the skeptic organizations are not critical in
for four decades mainly on the personal level
discharged fight of Randi against Geller (not vice versa)
to be harnessed, says about the credulity of
self-proclaimed skeptics a lot.

Randi has u.a. that after his death his ashes Geller in
the eyes should be blown. Is it still going on?"

edit on 8-12-2019 by TobiasClaren because: supplement

top topics

join