It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops To Get Harry Potters Cloak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.cnn.com.../video/us/2012/12/04/tsr-lawrence-invisble-camo-technology.cnn&hpt=hp_tvvideo

The U.S. Military will soon be receiving the newest tech that doesn't just camouflage you, it makes you invisible.
Really invisible! So if they were standing across from you in a room, you wouldn't know it.

The tech requires no power source and actually bends the light. All you have to do is hold it up in front of you and you're gone.

For me personally, I hate war. The only ones who win are bankers and psychos. Does anyone else think this has gone too far. They can now hunt without the enemy ever seeing them.

They say its for the military to protect there people, but I think there are way too many applications here, such as hiding surveillance etc.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If the government was meant to protect the people, inventions like these wouldn't be going straight to the military. There are sooooo many advancements of the modern age that are going on all around us that us civilians will never see in their lifetimes. We will never be able to advance technologically, not on the scale that is actually possible to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I think this is great. Good going guys at RD!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Wow I found the video but your link is to the main page. That is incredible no power needed I want it the photos look so amazing ...almost shopped crazy.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well i dont like it one bit.......But it is...what it is!

This isnt the scariest thing R&D have come up with, but its pretty close.

I can imagine the cloak working wonders for the CIA and other espionage/spy organisations.

Imagine an agent sitting in your living room with this cloak, and just staring at you for the best part of an hour.

its just freaky.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
*tin foil hat on*
Makes you wonder where they got their technology from...

Extraterrestrial aid, anyone?
*tin foil hat off*

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Imagine putting cameras on all of the posts in all the cities and wrapping them in one of these.

Or just a peeping Tom at your window.
edit on 5-12-2012 by winterkill because: error

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Well that sure was nice of you to inform the OP of their mistake but how about providing the actual link?

I'm struggling here!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Look for this story

New technology makes troops invisible.
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2012/12/04/tsr-lawrence-invisble-camo-technology.cnn

Sorry, that's the best I can get
edit on 5-12-2012 by winterkill because: edit

edit on 5-12-2012 by winterkill because: added material

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
those pics in the video are photoshopped to show you HOW this camo would work, this is ALL THEORETICAL designs, its not in production yet
this is the video

newsstream.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 12/5/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There is no link to this other than the one you made up.

I know that this kind of tech is being reseached but there have been no mentions of a harry potter like cape.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I've heard a year ago that Germany tried to make cars invisibles but it wasn't that good, but now...
If i heard right, are the clothing "made" of cameras that reflect every perspective of the background?

And yes, civilians will never be allowed to have technological advances... Noticed how since the 80's, nothing's changed really? We still have awful squarish cars instead of those fantastic curved and futuristic cars that we were promised for the 2000s in the 90's?
Isaac Asimov, when he studied the curve of technological advances, predicted humanoids robots in our house for 2014...
Nope, only the elite government is allowed to have good things. Instead, they encouraged us to go wild again. Live without electricity, power, real technologies, so that we can't defend ourselves againsts them.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

And yes, civilians will never be allowed to have technological advances... Noticed how since the 80's, nothing's changed really? We still have awful squarish cars instead of those fantastic curved and futuristic cars that we were promised for the 2000s in the 90's?

Nope, only the elite government is allowed to have good things. Instead, they encouraged us to go wild again. Live without electricity, power, real technologies, so that we can't defend ourselves againsts them.

Why is it that we used to have one of the most powerful nations on earth yet we have this happening to us?

My own opinion on this thread is that technology is advancing even though we dont see it. Just like that supposed "Jump Room" which allows CIA Personnel to travel to and from mars. It exists we just dont know about it....yet

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
www.cnn.com.../video/us/2012/12/04/tsr-lawrence-invisble-camo-technology.cnn&hpt=hp_tvvideo

The tech requires no power source and actually bends the light.

What do I think? I think something bad will come of this from them bending light on a large scale. Maybe I am ignorant or misunderstanding but this concept simply rubs me the wrong way. Like so many other 'creations' our illustrious government has condoned, this screams out to me that they just plowed full steam ahead, because they could, with nary a worry of adverse effects. Or, equally likely... they KNOW of ill effects, but in their twisted minds, the benefits out-weigh the down-sides. This from wiki:

Metamaterial cloaking, based on transformation optics, describes the process of shielding something from view by controlling electromagnetic radiation.

Link
So the electromagnetic radiation bends and goes... where? It doesn't disappear, so it must cause concentration of such in some other location? What will that mean/do?

Will they use hologram technology to make soldiers appear where they are not, so that when the enemy approaches they come up behind them, un-noticed for a surprise attack?

Why must all of our resources and latest inventions be used to wage war?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
These things are pretty much better off not existing.

What if criminals got their hands on one? Assassins would be un-detectable. They could put these on, walk to their victims pull the trigger and walk away with no eye witness in broad day light. Of course, thats just one possible use.

top topics

join