It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry vs Bush Family..... Second Time Around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This Election Year is not the first time John Kerry went up against a Bush Administration,..... oh no, this is the second time he has gone to battle against a Bush Administration.

John Kerry was investigating a "BIG" case in the late 1980's and early 1990's that involved people in high places, CIA, BCCI, people that were to gain a lot of money, including the BUSH family.

The first Bush Administration tried to put a "lock-down" on a investigation that connected a worldwide criminal network to narco-traffickers, terrorists, and to middle east money men who were making the Bush family even richer than what they were already, and John Kerry was hot on their trail.

The Case That Kerry Cracked

By Lucy Komisar, AlterNet. Posted October 22, 2004.

As a senator, John Kerry was a tenacious investigator and exposed BCCI, an international criminal bank, and its murderous clients. The experience should serve him well in dealing with the international threats we face today.

One gets an eerie sense of d�j� vu watching John Kerry battle the Bush clan. He�s done it once before, against the old man, President Bush�s father, though many voters have probably forgotten. That battle involved the first Bush administration�s attempt to put the lid on an investigation that connected a worldwide criminal bank to narco-traffickers, terrorists, and to Middle East money men who helped the Bush family make piles of cash. Those links connect to people now on the U.S. post-9/11 terrorist list.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Kerry fought to expose an international criminal bank, BCCI � the Bank of Credit and Commerce International. The bank was run by a Pakistani, working with Persian Gulf managers who operated through a network of secret offshore centers to hide their operations from the world�s bank examiners. They weren�t, however, hidden from the CIA, which not only knew what the bank was doing, but used the bank to funnel cash through its Islamabad and other Pakistani branches to CIA client Osama bin Laden, part of the $2 billion Washington sent to the Afghani mujahideen. The operation gave bin Laden an education in black finance. CIA director William Casey himself met with BCCI founder Agha Hasan Abedi. The CIA also paid its own agents through the bank and used BCCI to fund black ops all over the world.

Kerry took on not only the Bush clan and its friends, but the CIA, and members of Congress on both sides of the aisle. This is not irrelevant history, but important to examine, because it reveals a lot about Kerry and how he might respond to terrorism or other global criminal enterprises. Kerry�s record shows that he took on powerful political and bureaucratic interests, was a tenacious investigator, and savvy about international crime and money flows, which is crucial in the fight against terrorism.

Against the opposition of powerful Republicans and Democrats, and in light of a lack of cooperation from a very politicized Justice Department and stonewalling by the CIA, Kerry worked with investigators and ran Senate hearings that exposed the bank�s shadowy multi-billion-dollar scams and precipitated its end.

www.alternet.org...

Please don't replay the same propaganda that the "site" I gave is not that good,...... . That saying gets old, and at least I do go looking for different a site to back-up what I post, instead of using a " Democrat site",

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
so what your saying is that beyond trying to remove funding, and subvert the intellegence agencies in congress, he was actively subverting them in the press too?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
so what your saying is that beyond trying to remove funding, and subvert the intellegence agencies in congress, he was actively subverting them in the press too?

Ouch that hurt...............

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

No, what I am saying is,......... there was more to John Kerry's record that could have been told to the public, to show that Kerry would make a better president than what either Bush Administration is or would ever be.
Corruption in both Bush Administration have been going on long enough and it's time for it to stop.

I suppose you two think it's just find to have criminals running our Nation from the Oval-office of the White House .

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
This Election Year is not the first time John Kerry went up against a Bush Administration,..... oh no, this is the second time he has gone to battle against a Bush Administration.

John Kerry was investigating a "BIG" case in the late 1980's and early 1990's that involved people in high places, CIA, BCCI, people that were to gain a lot of money, including the BUSH family.

The first Bush Administration tried to put a "lock-down" on a investigation that connected a worldwide criminal network to narco-traffickers, terrorists, and to middle east money men who were making the Bush family even richer than what they were already, and John Kerry was hot on their trail.

*SNIP*

Please don't replay the same propaganda that the "site" I gave is not that good,...... . That saying gets old, and at least I do go looking for different a site to back-up what I post, instead of using a " Democrat site",

BCCI? Guess you should have done your homework first... It's the Democrats (Bert Lance, Andrew Young, Clifford Clark, Robert Altman, and Jimmy Carter... Yes, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library and his international travels were funded by BCCI) that were in bed with them not George H. Bush, the Bush family or any other Republican of note (Henry Kissinger was on the periphery, but that's the best your going to do). No need to say a word about the alternet.org article, just read John Kerry's report.

www.fas.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6No, what I am saying is,......... there was more to John Kerry's record that could have been told to the public, to show that Kerry would make a better president than what either Bush Administration

Is this why he refuses to sign the 180 form? Oh it was 'secret' stuff that cant be released right?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I suppose you two think it's just find to have criminals running our Nation from the Oval-office of the White House .

hey i didn't say anything about the clinton adminstration...i thought we were talking about the attempted spin to connect BCCI to Bush?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

*SNIP*

BCCI? Guess you should have done your homework first... It's the Democrats (Bert Lance, Andrew Young, Clifford Clark, Robert Altman, and Jimmy Carter... Yes, Jimmy Carter's Presidential Library and his international travels were funded by BCCI) that were in bed with them not George H. Bush, the Bush family or any other Republican of note (Henry Kissinger was on the periphery, but that's the best your going to do). No need to say a word about the alternet.org article, just read John Kerry's report.

www.fas.org...

This is the point I was getting at. I know that some Democrats AND Republicans were involved with BCCI.
My point is this John Kerry is a very HONEST man, and will FIGHT for the right things, not the wrong things, that he IS NOT afraid to go up against anyone, not even his own political party ties (democrats) or the Republicans , and that includes;

Not starting a war with lies.Oh and George Bush Sr. did try to close the lid on that investigation, I wonder why that was ?

Kerry took on not only the Bush clan and its friends, but the CIA, and members of Congress on both sides of the aisle. This is not irrelevant history, but important to examine, because it reveals a lot about Kerry and how he might respond to terrorism or other global criminal enterprises. Kerry�s record shows that he took on powerful political and bureaucratic interests, was a tenacious investigator, and savvy about international crime and money flows, which is crucial in the fight against terrorism.

Against the opposition of powerful Republicans and Democrats, and in light of a lack of cooperation from a very politicized Justice Department and stonewalling by the CIA, Kerry worked with investigators and ran Senate hearings that exposed the bank�s shadowy multi-billion-dollar scams and precipitated its end.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

��������� because it reveals a lot about Kerry and how he might respond to terrorism or other global criminal enterprises. Kerry�s record shows that he took on powerful political and bureaucratic interests, was a tenacious investigator, and savvy about international crime and money flows, which is crucial in the fight against terrorism.
�������..

Finally we agree, it does illustrate how he might respond�..he will publicly expose the CIA on a fishing expedition to try to expose something so that he can get press exposure. That�s the problem; he won�t care how the ability of the nation to respond is harmed�.as long as he gets the positive press.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

hey i didn't say anything about the clinton adminstration...i thought we were talking about the attempted spin to connect BCCI to Bush?

I never said I was trying to put a "spin" on anything,..... you did, but if thats the way you want it,.... so be it .

�Frauds-R-Us�

The Bush Family Saga

Part II - Part I Here

BCCI (Bank of Credit & Commerce)

By William Bowles

05/11/03: (Information Clearing House)

"BCCI defrauded depositors of $10 billion in the '80s in what has been called the "largest bank fraud in world financial history" by former Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau."

Wayne Madsen

The BCCI-Bush connection is, it could be argued an �accidental� one, but it�s highly unlikely even if it is difficult to track, But the seeds are all there, including GW Snr�s CIA connection (as head of it) in the 1970s and the links to BCCI (see below) as well as his long time association with James R. Bath an investor in Arbusto. Bath, was a Houston businessman and old friend was also an investor in BCCI. Essentially, BCCI was a convenient �channel� for moving money through to fund the various illegal enterprises being undertaken at the time including, Iran-Contra, the Iranian arms sales, CIA money laundering operations, connections to powerful Middle Eastern businessmen, the Vatican and its right-wing connections through BNL.

Perhaps this extract from "Texas Connections" (www.thedubyareport.com...) gives you an idea of the reach:

"� Sheikh Abdullah Bahksh of Saudi Arabia, a 16% shareholder in Harken Energy at the time, was represented by a Palestinian-born Chicago investor named Talat Othman, who served with George W. Bush on the board of Harken Energy. Othman made at least three separate visits to the White House to discuss Middle East affairs with then President George Bush. At about the same time, and just prior to the Gulf War, Harken Energy, with no previous international or offshore drilling experience, was awarded a 35-year petroleum exploration contract with the emirate of Bahrain.

Sheikh Bahksh emerged as a co-investor in the Bank of Commerce and Credit International (BCCI), a criminal enterprise since dissolved, that existed primarily as a mechanism for obtaining political influence using Middle Eastern oil money. Bahrain's prime minister, Sheik Khalifah bin-Sulman al-Khalifah, was a major investor in BCCI's parent company, BCCI Holdings, of Luxembourg. Through its commodities affiliate, Capcom, BCCI was used as a money laundering service by drug traffickers, arms dealers, etc. BCCI's front man in the U.S., and the person chiefly responsible for its takeover of First American Bank in the U.S., was Kamal Adham. Adham is referred to in the Kerry Committee report on BCCI as having been "the CIA's principal liaison for the entire Middle East from the mid-1960's through 1979." He was also the head of intelligence for Saudi Arabia during the time George Bush Sr. was Director of the CIA."

"1992 Congressional Record Documents"

This is a particularly useful set of documents, because they are the official record of US congressional representative Henry B. Gonzalez and his longstanding investigations into a range of related dealings which included BCCI, Banco Nazionale Lavoro (BNL), Iraqgate, illicit arms dealings, and especially attempts by the Bush government to block his investigations.

Source: www.fas.org...

"Recovered History: BCCI, BNL, GW Bush and Iraq" Tuesday, 18 February 2003

Chris Floyd, Counterspin

Source: www.scoop.co.nz...

"Bush, BCCI, Saddam, Noriega, bin Laden, and the Cleanup Wars"

by Steve Mizrach � Friday January 03, 2003

Source: vancouver.indymedia.org...

"Deals for Dubya"

Bush�s family ties to shady bank BCCI help explain his "success" in the oil biz

by Bob Fitrakis

Source: www.columbusalive.com...

"Global Eye -- Cold Fronts", By Chris Floyd

Source: www.tmtmetropolis.ru...

"The real story of the BCCI" by Bill Engdahl and Jeffrey Steinberg

Source: www.larouchepub.com...

"The Bank of Crooks and Criminals International"

An extensive document on the BCCI scandal and the Bush, CIA connection

Source: www.the-catbird-seat.net...

"BNL Scandal Reveals Bush Hypocrisy And A Greater Conspiracy" By J. Parnell McCarter Puritan News Service

Source: www.puritans.net...

"Bank of Credit and Commerce International - Very Weird Stuff"

Source: www.random-abstract.com...

"Bush Family Machinations, 1918-2000"

More of a chronology of the Bush family dealings but contains info on BCCI

Source: www.bushwatch.com...

"Cold Fronts: War is Golden for the Bush Administration"

By CHRIS FLOYD CounterPunch February 15, 2003

Source: www.counterpunch.org...

"New FBI Head Is Old Bush Cover-Up Man" Michael Collins Piper American Free Press

It looks as though it's going to be "cover-up as usual" with Robert S. Mueller III installed as the new director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Source: www.americanfreepress.net...

"The deep politics of regime removal in Iraq: Overt conquest, covert operations"

Part Four: The unfinished business between Saddam Hussein and George H.W. Bush By Larry Chin Online Journal Contributing Editor

Source: www.onlinejournal.com...

"Bush, Clinton, and the CIA" by By Paul DeRienzo

Source: www.totse.com...

"The Press on the BCCI-bin Mahfouz-bin Laden Intelligence Nexus", Boston Herald, December 11, 2001

Source: ist-socrates.berkeley.edu...

"Bush & a CIA Power Play" By Robert Parry

Source: www.consortiumnews.com...

"Meet the New Boss" By Matthew Callan Freezerbox January 17, 2003

Source: www.globalpolicy.org...

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

��������� because it reveals a lot about Kerry and how he might respond to terrorism or other global criminal enterprises. Kerry�s record shows that he took on powerful political and bureaucratic interests, was a tenacious investigator, and savvy about international crime and money flows, which is crucial in the fight against terrorism.
�������..

Finally we agree, it does illustrate how he might respond�..he will publicly expose the CIA on a fishing expedition to try to expose something so that he can get press exposure. That�s the problem; he won�t care how the ability of the nation to respond is harmed�.as long as he gets the positive press.

Now who is the one trying to "spin" BS
. Everyone knows that Bush JR., can't take the heat of answering questions asked of him (out of the blue), and Bush does love the "spot light" as long as Bush isn't being asked anything.

I will be very happy when this Election is over, the stress will be gone,..... hopefully along with George Bush.

new topics

top topics

join