It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vampire Lestat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A few years back I came across a copy of Interview With a Vampire completely by accident. I was immersed in the book from the very title (transfixed, you could say) and checked it out. I never thought beyond it was an amazing book.

I became a fan of the Vampire Chronicles, and somewhere read that the townhouse in Interview was based on Anne Rice's home in New Orleans. This intrigued me greatly, and I wanted to visit NOLA and explore the house which had been a model for the books. 

It was probably around that time I came to believe Lestat might very well be real. I'm not sure what did it--if it was learning about the townhouse or just my own gut feeling--but I became determined to find out. I ended up visiting New Orleans last November, and ironically enough the day I registered for this site happens to be the very day I visited NOLA last year. That is such a weird coincidence!

Does anyone know anything about him, or where in NOLA to find him? I don't expect to reach him through the Internet, but if someone knows something--anything-- that can help me locate or contact him, that would be great. I do feel that he is out there, and I am probably returning to New Orleans in December so any information would be especially valuable at this time. Please PM me with any information you are willing to share. I'm more than willing to exchange emails. I hope I can finally get somewhere.

No rude comments. Please be respectful when responding to my post and I will return the favor. I did not come here to be insulted. If you have something to say, say it, but chose your words carefully. That is all I ask.

Thankyou,
~LestatIsReal

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I doubt he would still be there , I'd he was real, ...but if you back to Nola, ask the old timer locals. They should know rumours...

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm not gonna be rude, but seriously, Lestat is a fictional character, nothing more.
You might find people on NOLA that pattern their lives to emulate him, but thats about it

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatIsReal

I've been to New Orleans many times and I've never seen him. If he was real and in NO I would have seen him- I'm a magnet for "weird". I did however find a big bourbon induced hangover during one visit there. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. Makes me glad I don't drink that stuff anymore.

Next time I go I promise I will keep my eye out for you though.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Truth is truly stranger than fiction.. as crazy as something like this might sound to people, knowing what I know now, I think anything is possible.

My own gut instincts on this is that IF Lestat was like the character in the book and was real I doubt he would be in New Orleans right now.. I bet he would be in Europe or New York, LA or San Francisco. Is there some thing in the book that makes you think he would still be in New Orleans out of curiosity? Haven't read them for a long time.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

Maybe he is having a bite somewhere in Asia...You know, poor people are not as much registered and missed by the police.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

With all due respect, there's a large number of people all over the place that will be enthusiastically happy to take advantage of any gullibility you have regarding the existence of vampires.

Con men and charlatans are very easy to believe, to such extent that you really want to believe them, and in the case of people looking for vampires, it could very well cost you your life; permanently with out a single person writing about lace curtains for 5 pages straight.

Other than that, Los Angeles and Hong Kong are where to find vampires these days.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Well, I am a huge fan of Anne's vampire novels. However, that is where it stays, its good books, and a nice world she created for her characters.

Now if you still insist on looking for Lestat, or Louis, or Marius, I would suggest looking on the island of Dr Moreau. I heard rumor that they are hanging out there with Solid Snake, Blade and Team Edward.

Good luck

vvv

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

If he were real, it would be wise to stay away from him, or ANY vampire for that matter.
Vampires would propably be as much inclined to talk to you
as we are giving cows explanations about hamburgers.
edit on 5-12-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

LestatIsReal, I think what has too be established by definition what is a vampire ?
I mean i do not believe that vampires seduce virgin females for thier pure blood or you cannot see thier reflection in a mirror and stakes through the heart and all that "Holywood" malarkie,

But organisations or "Cults" i suppose could exist for the purpose of safety and security off sentenant beings maybe not from this realm or planet that are reliant on fresh human blood,

It reminds me off the Nazis and thier quest for pure arian blood, Now the arian race was to the best off my knowledge never "grass rooted" and the thousand year reich never came about (thankfully).

I think that the word/term Vampire is too engrained in peoples minds (maybe on purpose by Holywood ?) to be taken seriously hence little headway is made as to discovering any relevant edivance.

As you have probaly notiched i have a keen interest in discovering more about vampires myself, So will keep an eye on your thread. S&F.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dear Lestat Is Real,

No. He is not.

All the best,

Stupid Girl

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So. Let me see if i get it, this Lestat de Lincourt is supossed to be a real vampire who made an interview with a reporter?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Maybe he is having a bite somewhere in Asia...You know, poor people are not as much registered and missed by the police.

The problem with Asian blood for vampires is, you want more in like a half hour.

I liked the books, the movies sucked. I don't think you'd find a vampire even if I believe they existed. NOLA is awesome though, so it will be worth the trip anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have lived in or just outside of New Orleans my whole life, I'm 33 BTW, and I have never heard any rumors or anything to suggest that Lestat is real.

I'm sure you could find someone here in NOLA who would (for a large sum of money) "find" him for you, but I don't think at the end you would be any closer to finding Lestat.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I have lived in or just outside of New Orleans my whole life, I'm 33 BTW, and I have never heard any rumors or anything to suggest that Lestat is real.

I'm sure you could find someone here in NOLA who would (for a large sum of money) "find" him for you, but I don't think at the end you would be any closer to finding Lestat.

if Lestat is real or not, he's probably dead by now. Judging the facts. We have over 10 million people looking over for him, probably vampire hunters as well (if they are real) and terrible sunscreen from now days.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I suppose it is hope that leads me to believe he resides in New Orleans more than anything. However, in the books it is noted multiple times how fond he is of NOLA so I imagine his roots are firmly grounded there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great books, but come on!!
Lestat is a fictional character created by Anne Rice after losing her child.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Lestat was modled after Anne Rice's late husband.

LeStat is fake.

Please do not let your desire for fiction to meet your reality hurt you.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Please give away youthful fancy and thoughts on the winds of wild adventurous, though misguided, loving spirit, and get your feet back to earth silly girl.
and please do get over your overactive imagination and buckle down to 'real' life, which will suck the life out of you quicker than Lestat ever could on steriods.

Some people are so.....you know

I have it on good authority that blood suckers exist, should you love them any less for their existance?
There's also energy suckers and spirit suckers while we're on the subject......but anyhoo

Move along and leave the girl her dreams, their hers, not yours.
Say instead, "sorry no, I don't know".

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You will have better luck finding Tom cruise than finding Lestat... Maybe Lestat is reading this now? Or Tom cruise is reading this too....just a weird thought!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join