It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 year old speaks in 20 languages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I stumbled on this video while browsing YouTube. (I tried to search for it on ats, but didn't find a thread, so If there is one please close this).

I was astonished by the level of fluency this guy showed in the languages I am familiar with. It is a 15 minute video, but it has subtitles to help. I know ATSers come from all over and so many are speakers of various languages, so I thought this might be interesting to others as well.

I know how impossible it has been for me to learn French, and it took me years to get my German down, but this guy is so young and he already is learning so much.

This is really great I think and if you are interested in languages please check out the link!!!

www.youtube.com...

(sorry I can't post the video directly...if any one else can post it that would be awesome!)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Should do it unless they have disabled embedding.

I wish I could learn just one other language... tried so many times lol.. no room in this fat head of mine.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sounds neat. Going to watch it now.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Oh thanks guys! Much appreciated! I have an old iPad and I have never figured out how to get videos on ats with it...I'm sure there is a way, but I am far from being tech savvy you could say!

I hope you like it...it takes a bit, but if you like languages, I think you might be pretty amazed, I was because languages do not come easy for me at all, and it seems some people pick them up like its nothing!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lol he didn't even learn Japanese. How is he supposed to watch undubbed anime without subs?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Oh, I think he is working on that one!

I couldn't get over how when spoke Xhosa he did the clicks...that was so cool I thought!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
S&F Mija.

FTR. I have just discovered that I like saying the word "polyglot" quite a bit for some reason.

After about the fourth time you just start singing it. Fun word.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, it is a funny little word isn't it?

I like saying the German word "ungeduldig" it means "impatient" and it feels funny rolling off my tongue. Languages fascinate me, I wish I knew more of them!

Thanks for dropping in, you know how nervous I get about starting threads....this time I am going to try to do this one justice and keep up with it!

new topics

top topics

join