It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News wanted Petraeus for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

David Petraeus running for president, with Fox News chief Roger Ailes as his campaign manager and News Corporation boss Rupert Murdoch “bankrolling” the whole operation. That, as first reported in today’s Washington Post story by Bob Woodward, was the broad strokes of an offer delivered by a Fox News contributor, on Ailes’ behalf, during a meeting with the future, and now former, CIA director in the spring of 2011.

ABC news

Apparently in early 2011, Rupert Murdoch sent a representative to General Petraeus and asked him if he would consider running for president.

Murdoch runs NewsCorp, and would have made sure Petraeus was financially taken care of...

Also, having Fox News behind him would have eliminated a lot of the disagreement within the party during the primary. It would have been Petraeus vs. Obama, and Petreaus would have had a great shot at winning.

If, of course, he hadn't been having an affair.

Maybe the investigation of Petreaus originated from the prospect that he might run, they needed to dig up dirt on potential candidates.

I'm sure the offer was turned down because Petraeus knew his affair would get outed eventually..

Interesting story. Thought?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Sounds to me like how the military/industrial complex has been choosing who us suckers get to select to be our slave masters as usual to me! Why is this news?

We have no freedom and our elections are rigged from the get go! Don't believe me? Go to your Democrat/Republican office and tell them you want to run for Congress....first thing they will ask you is how much money do you have to run!!!!! I know someone who tried it, and that was the main question they were asked!

There is no such thing as a fair election in America anymore! UNLESS, you have MONEY!!!!

I know, I am preaching to the choir, people are just to damn dumbed down and stupid to be able to see how corrupt the system in America has become....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Glad someone finally posted a thread!
It seems to me like this conversation gave a very unwelcome look behind the curtain. I wonder who gave bush and obama there phone call?
S+F I can't wait to see certain members posts hopefully this thread get popular.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Way to point out that aspect. That these candidates generally have a small handful of backers that make sure the whole machine runs.

Not to mention the fact that Murdoch runs a NEWS corporations which is supposed to be unbiased....a newspaper endorsement is one thing, a media outlet funding a candidate raised a whole new set of ethical questions.

I'm sure it's not the first time, though.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thought?

I think him not running for president had little to do with him having an affair. Up untill now, he was a nobody as far as the "masses" were concerned.

Fox sure woulda had their wars though! How come I always see fox on the side of war and death? What's up with that?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Naw, all of this affair stuff is free publicity for his campaign during the next election cycle.

In France.

top topics

join