It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions. It is my opinion based on factual observations that these people do not speak on behalf of Canadians. We have been hijacked by the Zionist lobbies that are also known to influence other countries such as our neighbor south of the border, the United States.

I hear ya! I am truly disgusted by the biased canadian corrupt govt that is harper.

I miss the days when Canada was neutral peacekeepers.

Thankfully ...Harpers biased paid view does NOT reflect the majority of Canadians.

HARPER & BAIRD ARE TRAITORS TO CANADIAN PEOPLE.

edit on 4-12-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: additions

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Please do not derail the thread with such bold claims with nothing to back them up.

Oh now those aren't bold claims, and the nothing "to back them up"

is This thread.

But then agian in the arab world they do not respect apologies as it is a sign of weakness.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
It is very odd and quite patently obviousIsrael has her claws deep into Canada.

But the question is why and how ?

We know Israel has 9/11 on America so they are safe there, but why Canada?

Maybe it time to research who's who in Canadian politics, and background check them, which will give a good indication of were allegiances lay.

Say Hello too Canada's AIPAC The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs

Working in partnership with Federations and local communities, the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs is the advocacy agent of Jewish Federations of Canada – UIA. It seeks to identify issues important to the Jewish community and assist in communicating with government, media, community, business, and academic leaders to build understanding and close relationships.

don't ask me what Jewish Federations of Canada is either cause I never ever ever ever heard of them.

nor do we have any federations in Canada except at Star Trek conventions.

edit on 4-12-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: additions

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
While I have only been lurking on ATS for quite some time now since being slammed for my honest opinions and wry humour, I just had to chime in here.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. The position of the current King Harper government of Canada does not represent the majority of Canadians. Yes he is the elected official by default because of our antiquated and backward electoral system!
My two cents worth......

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah...poor you. Left in the minority of the clueless chumps who support Palestinians who suicide bomb busy markets full of women and children. And Palestinians who launch rockets into civilian neighborhoods. The same Palestinians who cheer and call for the destruction of Israel and the United States. The same people who think its okay to stone girls to death if they refuse to marry their cousin. Yeah, get down on all fours, lick their boots and kiss their asses.....because poor them and poor you.

USA!!!! ISRAEL!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions.

I live in America...

You will get used to it...

I'm a Newfoundlander first, Canadian second

You should be ashamed of that statement alone.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I disagree with this as I have NEVER been given a good reason for the embassy closures or the Palestine UN status vote, or why they (we) voted against asking Israel to open their doors to the IAEA (even though they are the first to scream that Iran must).

I emailed everyone that I could think of in the local government all the way to the top office. Do you want to know the response I got?

There. I gave you the same response. Not even a form letter. They sure represent me all right, as long as I don't ask any questions.
Let me be the first to say, "Congratulations Mr. Harper! If you ever get elected for anything again, it will be because you are running against a retarded donkey.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Yeah...poor you. Left in the minority of the clueless chumps who support Palestinians who suicide bomb busy markets full of women and children. And Palestinians who launch rockets into civilian neighborhoods. The same Palestinians who cheer and call for the destruction of Israel and the United States. The same people who think its okay to stone girls to death if they refuse to marry their cousin. Yeah, get down on all fours, lick their boots and kiss their asses.....because poor them and poor you.

USA!!!! ISRAEL!!!!

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just looking at this thread illustrates how divided western peoples are on the issue of Israel and Palestine

We all look at the Middle East and try to find solutions for peace.

Except those in the Middle East.

Some cultures embrace war, some culture foster hate. We can offer lofty ivory tower solutions but in the end the only ones that can sue for peace are those currently fighting. And they don't want to stop. Negotiations are useless when both sides see the solution being the complete eradication of the other side.

We are not the lifted, idealogical species that many here espouse. Humans are barbarians that use war as a means to an end.

It's time we faced the truth in that no side is innocent, no side is pure. We can pray for peace but I think God stopped listening a long time ago.

The only thing we can do is try to be better people an hope that our children and their children, and their children's children can foster peace.

my two cents.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am Canadian, and this propagandist, employee of CSIS, does not speak for me..or Canada. Canadian politicians speak for Canada.

As for the issue of "splitting the west bank". Here's a big massive picture. The nonsense that connecting Jerusalem to Ma'al Adumim via E1 is an exaggeration. It still leaves an enormous eastern portion open.

big massive picture

Fact is, Palestine broke international law i.e. international treaties, by going to the UN i.e by acting indirectly. They ignored Israel's warning, and so, by acting otherwise they've decided to accept the consequences.
edit on 4-12-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The posxxxx errrr poster in the OP does not speak for the majority of Canadians.

He does not speak for me, no apology from me on this one, sorry.

He is less than 1% and speaks for Canadians? what a joke.
edit on 4-12-2012 by lnfideI because: Eff Oh

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

USA!!!! ISRAEL!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I have to agree OP, our leaders are pulling some stupid
crap any more, and representing us as a whole,
when most of us normal people do not support what the
leaders are doing.

sadly i think this is only going to get worse, there is a plan,
and the citizens of the countries are not allowed information
as to what this plan is.

sadly, we are along for the ride... it should be obvious for all
what the best thing to do would be, but we are not in control anymore,
the power hungry leaders are.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello, Canada! Rest of World here! No worries, brutha(or sista, eh?). I mean, you are reeeeeeaaallly cold and kind of boring but I take no permanent offense. I do not think of you as a hoser and you can say "aboot" as much as you'd like. I find ice hockey to be as dull as soccer, but if it floats your boat, all the power to ya!

Not quite sure if you still hold allegiance to Britain, but at this point, my name's Paul and that's between y'all! (I love Pulp Fiction!). Speaking for the American part of the Rest of the World, I bear no ill will that you separate my largest state from the rest of me. I mean, nothing up there but oil, moose, and snow, right(Kind of like you guys!)!
Palestine will have to speak for himself (no "herself" allowed to rep that misogynistic, Muslim crazytown, eh!) since he is apparently not part of the Rest of the World.

Anyhoo, please don't stress about your shortcomings. We all got em. In fact, I bet someone will point out mine very shortly in this very thread!

Sincerely,

Rest of World

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Canadians need to run away from anything describing itself as a conservative party. They will try to turn your country into the USA.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
U.N. = NWO. You're falling victim to the propaganda.

Israel isn't "right" here, but neither is Iran/Palestine, so to choose any side here is retarded. I'm sure Canada is just acting out its role like the U.S. is.

This is just another rigged football game. Have fun arguing sides and dividing down the middle on something that's completely orchestrated from the bottom-up.

1) Israel is NOT Bible Israel. Israel is a people, (i.e. Christians, believers in God, not the people that call themselves Jews. They practice the old covenant when if you believe in the God of Israel, then you believe the God of Israel had a son, Jesus Christ. You don't just pick and choose which scripture to follow. And if you want to selectively quote scripture at me telling me exactly the borders of Israel, that's fine, but I still stand by my explanation. And even IF Israel was a place and the borders are/were as described, then it is still not ANY government's duty to appoint any group of people any land promised to them by God.. because a government is not God and it shouldn't PLAY God)

2) Being "against" Israel is supposed to drive most of you further into your atheism (because those that are ignorant think and are OK with rejecting what they are trying to push as a Biblical Holy land)

3) The U.N. vote for Palestine was rigged, which is why the U.S. didn't participate because to vote FOR or AGAINST Palestine would be revealing of their plan.

4) This is meant to be viewed as some sort of Holy War and it truly is in a much grander scheme of things, but not in the way that they are showing you it is.

5) Jerusalem will be divided.

6) They are attempting to eradicate religion from the earth, but not just religion... People's FAITH in their God. And it's on even bigger with it being the controversial holiday season... "Christ wasn't really born on Dec 25," "Christmas is a Pagan holiday," "Christmas was invented for marketing and consumerism" etc etc Any excuse that can be found to just ignore dates that may be significant to SOME people. And probably all of those above points are true, but that doesn't mean we can't still just let people celebrate whatever they want, however they want. But regardless of whatever decision you make on the matter, the government is going to do what it wants, which is to sanitize us of faith and traditions based in faith.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Screw that I dont apologise.

When both Palestine and Israel quit their BS I'll change my position. No thanks to friggin Iran for sending those "rockets" either. Thanks for making sh** worse you scum.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Please forgive my frankness, these are general statements, and although you provided the opportunity, they are not intended to be hateful.

When anyone apologizes for the actions of someone else, they run into several problems. It is condescending, it is useless and sterile, and indicates a moral hubris.

We can only apologize for ourselves. If you did something wrong to the rest of the world then an apology makes sense. If not, the most you can do is condemn the action someone else has taken.

I understand that you don't care much for Israel or those who support her, that's fine. Criticize all you like, that sort of criticism is no stranger to ATS. But using the device of apologizing isn't helpful.

Second the vote you condemn was against the idea that a country can be forced to sign and abide by a treaty against its will. I'd vote the same way, it flies in the face of all international law and custom. Now if a country had signed a treaty, then failed to abide by it's terms, ie. Iran, I could understand the uproar, and action could be contemplated. But this? It was a publicity stunt of a vote and deserved little support.
edit on 5-12-2012 by charles1952 because: bracket error

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Mad Man Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should not even been allowed into USA Air space, let alone step onto American soil. I applaud your leaders for supporting Israel. I really want to post a longer explanation as to why I feel this, however at the moment I can not.. I am sorry, but I did want to at least get this short comment in.
I do not understand your reason for the hate you feel for Israel. They do not blindly toss missiles at other nations, they do not threaten to exterminate a nation like Iran and the madman and his Mullahs. If I were the one to make a decision of when to destroy Irans nuclear program, it would have been the very day they announced the beginning of said program. Anyone who really believes that Iran is building just a source of energy, is either a complete idiot...or the enemy, or the way I see it...BOTH.
It is commenter(s) such as your self that believe that the Palestinians were there first. Not so my friend. Anyway.. lets all hope that Israel...backed by the USA, get down to business and stomp out that Nuclear program. Now!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Harper as a perpetual minority government has never represented the majority in Canada. For anything, let alone matters in the middle east. I have never heard so many Canadians state publicly how embarassed they are of this man and his little neocon staffers who go around the world breaking agreements and accords that most Canadians agree with. It is truly as if he has hijacked Canadian politics from Canadians.

And of course the main reason he is in power is becasue the left is split in two, neither party have had a serious leader the country could trust for some time now. But that may be changing soon.

The Isreal Palestine issue is a complicated one, I don't think any Canadian wants to take side of Hamas or the freaks in the zionist government. Canadians are anti-child killers, so that rules out both of them, and hope the real people in both countries eventually get to run their matters they way the should, in peace.

And I hope we get our country back after the next election when we send Harper into exile with Mulroney, the previous conservative embarrassment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join