It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
elections... I forgot that they are never rigged. C'mon people, take yer heads out of your asses. lol.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
elections... I forgot that they are never rigged. C'mon people, take yer heads out of your asses. lol.

I do not doubt that some elections are rigged, or at least unfairly influenced, but do you have proof that the Canadian elections were rigged?

We did have the Robocall Scandal but I doubt that influenced the final outcome of the election.

As much as I hate to admit it, I believe that our current leader was fairly voted in. But, as TTTP mentioned, it certainly was not a majority.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I do not know why I smell the trace of kingdom of England in Canada ! I am allergic to them.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have been listening to some radio reports/interviews touching on Canada’s recent decision regarding the middle east and I will tell you I am fed up of the fall back line of:

“We are in opposition to any unilateral action as this will result in degradation of the peace process”

And this is most directed towards Palestine or in support of Israel.

But does not unilateral action goes both ways? Sighhhh

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was POSITIVE that this was going to be an apology for unleashing Justin Bieber on us.

CE Governments do what they do. Sometimes it's obviously evil, sometimes it looks evil, and sometimes they manage to convince us it's not evil.

Usually it's evil. But I say that from the point of view of a man who's never had to sit in a briefing room, getting "real time" intelligence, and trying to make profoundly difficult and troubling decisions with the clock ticking. All we can do is hope that our representatives are making either the right or wrong decisions based upon some moral compass - even if it is one that we don't happen to agree with.

RE: The particular Israeli/Palestinian issue? I feel sorry for all of them - both sides. So much death, so much generational hatred, and so much indoctrination ( on both sides ) that it seems learning to just live and let live is a far off dream.

~Heff

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I was POSITIVE that this was going to be an apology for unleashing Justin Bieber on us.

Our ultimate weapon

We take no responsibility for his actions..

CE Governments do what they do. Sometimes it's obviously evil, sometimes it looks evil, and sometimes they manage to convince us it's not evil

I think the issue is that these recent decision go against normal Canadian foreign policy. I can tell you that the country is in shock at these decisions for the most part.

All we can do is hope that our representatives are making either the right or wrong decisions based upon some moral compass

These days, governments "moral compass" always seem to be point in one direction, regardless of public opinion.
edit on 4-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I do apolozige to the whole world on behalf of Canadians for the existence of Justin Bieber

What you posted is true, it's usually evil, and sometimes they try to make it seem not so evil, and sometimes they are following some type of moral compass as you mentioned. Regretttably, I have lost hope that our representatives will make the right decistion regardless of their moral compass.

As for the Israel/Palestine issue...I think it would be great if every leader of every nation made a genuine attempt at helping both sides come to a peaceful resolution that all sides can agree with. That being said, I believe there are certain entities who are purposely sabotaging this process under the disguise of wanting to "help".

I believe that the United States and Canada are two of these entities, but they are not the only ones. Many of the nations who pledge support for Palestine only do so to look good in the public eye and don't really do much about it...actions speak louder than words. The situation is truly hopeless but it shames me knowing that my government is part of the problem.

Peace.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It is very odd and quite patently obviousIsrael has her claws deep into Canada.

But the question is why and how ?

We know Israel has 9/11 on America so they are safe there, but why Canada?

Maybe it time to research who's who in Canadian politics, and background check them, which will give a good indication of were allegiances lay.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

It is very odd and quite patently obvious Israel has her claws deep into Canada.

I agree.

But the question is why and how ?

There is an easy answer to this question and there is a complicated one too. My view is that Stephen Harper knows where the cool guys are so he tags along, on top of that he has quite the personality and I do not believe him to possess any moral fabric and for him to follow along and give in to the highest bidder is no surprise to me. It would be very easy for an Israeli lobby or even Obama to influence him into forwarding a certain agenda. He is pretty much a "Yesman" who does what he is told with total disregard for the people off Canada or the countries his policies help turn upside down.

I consider that the easy answer. Perhaps I will elaborate in more detail when I am less tired.

We know Israel has 9/11 on America so they are safe there, but why Canada?

I do not know the answer to that I believe it has to do wit some of what I explained above where our current leaders are trying to work their way up the world political stage but in the process they are too blinded to realize they are being used and they hold no power other than what they are allowed to believe.

I do not know if Israel has dirt on Canada as it does with the USA and 911, I am a firm believer that both those countries had involvement, and the fact that my leader is involved with the very same people frightens me. Canada would be the perfect place for the next false flag. I know this sounds off topic but in reality it is on topic because that is the sick type of individuals we have voting for us in the international arena.

Maybe it time to research who's who in Canadian politics, and background check them, which will give a good indication of were allegiances lay.

I have done a bit of research and have some pretty interesting bookmarks on a different computer which would be a whole thread alone, but perhaps I will get into this as the thread proceeds, and please feel free to share anything you uncover in your research. There is a lot out there about how it is pretty much frowned upon to speak out against Israel in certain circles, especially political.

Anyone who speaks out against Israel in Canada can kiss their political career good bye.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
We are one of the few nations who our leaders walk out on speakers at UN general assemblies if they do not agree with what the speaker is saying such as they did with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The only way to describe this behavior is "childish".

That's alarming to me. I was unaware the UN was so "childish." Unheard of! I couldn't imagine seeing that go down in real life. I'd be like O_O.... S bout to HTF!

I'm dumbfounded at this behavior. It's a bit like your boss having a meeting with the supervisors, and one person doesn't like what he hears and gets up and leaves! WTF?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Not only is it childish, it is pathetic.

Canada boycotted a speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the UN General Assembly on Wednesday evening, protesting his denial of the Holocaust and verbal attacks on Israel.

Here is another video showing them all walk out another UN conference.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

I'm not sure if you are aware of this announcement earlier this year, this is the same guy from the second video in my OP who delivered the vote against the Palestinian resolution.

Canada is Israel's best friend: Baird

"Israel has no greater friend in the world today than Canada," Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird declared at the Global Forum in Washington, D.C., on Saturday. "Our strong support for Israel is not about politics at home, and certainly not about winning popularity contests at the United Nations. Canada certainly has the scars to show for it. It's about values."

Baird was addressing the AJC World Leaders Plenary, attended by an audience of more than 1,500.

Canada's pro-Israel position, he said, was a matter of principle, based on the values of "freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law" that Canada shares with Israel and the U.S.

"At the UN and elsewhere, we make it clear that Israel's right to exist is non-negotiable. We vote against one-sided and unfair resolutions," Baird said in a statement.

This ^ is what you call bought and paid for. I mean really, how much ass can you kiss?

This part really pissed me off "Canada's pro-Israel position, he said, was a matter of principle, based on the values of "freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law" that Canada shares with Israel and the U.S."

We all know that Israel is a world leader when it comes to human rights

I know Canada isn't perfect, but how dare he compare us to them, maybe a hundred years ago we were comparable with the genocide and apartheid of our Natives. I am not defending our past but at least it is acknowledged meanwhile he is comparing us to one of if not the biggest terrorist states in the world and saying we share the same values

edit on 12/4/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I've been looking into john baird, and you should see his web page, he talks about his love and loyalty to Israel more then he does Canada, infact he doesn't even mention Canada, just goes on about wonderful Israel.

johnbaird.com...

John Baird said in a statement he is deeply disappointed by the U.N. vote, in which Canada joined Israel, the United States and a few other countries in voting “no.

” He said the only way to peace in the Middle East is through negotiations, not what he called unilateral actions. Recalling the diplomats will “inform Canada’s response” to the vote, he said.

Baird, whose Conservative government is a staunch ally of Israel, travelled to New York to personally vote against it and gave a speech where he suggested Canada will take retaliatory measures against the Palestinians.
Canada recalls diplomats from israel west bank following un vote

Retaliatory measures ?

WARNING EXTREME ASS KISSING
This article explains a lot.
John Baird: ‘Why Israel holds such a special place in my heart’

In September, Stephen Harper accepted the “World Statesman of the Year” award from the Appeal of Conscience Foundation. John Baird, Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, must be positioning himself to win next year’s award. For nothing else adequately explains his over-the-top condemnation of the United Nation’s lopsided vote to give Palestine the status of a non-member observer state.

The Harper government has aligned itself so closely with Israel that there is no longer any possibility for Canada to act as a mediator in Middle East affairs. We have lost all objectivity. Negotiating peace agreements requires imagination and compromise, the very things Messrs.

Harper and Baird abhor. Next time Mr. Baird speaks at the UN, he might reprise Nikita Khrushchev’s infamous role and bang a shoes on the podium. After all if you are gunning to be “World Statesman of the Year,” you have to be noticed.
If only he had a shoe to bang

The Appeal of Conscience Foundation, founded by Rabbi Arthur Schneier

www.appealofconscience.org...

I shall do some more digging tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hope the the liberals find some one decent or it will be harper again and he has done enough damage to our country with not even 40% of the Canadian vote .

2nd I thought the majority of Canadians supported giving Palestine a statehood . haper and baird need to get their heads out of each others anuses . They speak for no one but themselves and the masters they serve . I am surpised he hasn't appointed himself as king and cancell further elections ... Then make signs and put them on the border crossings thats says welcome to haperland ( formally known as canada)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sorry, but I am also Canadian and I happen to agree with the government's position.
It's a good thing you don't speak for the voters that agree with the government.
The leftist wingnuts that occupy seats in Ottawa have already done enough damage to the economy, let alone matters of state. Get over it, your side lost (again) Corruption Exposed.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hello CorruptionExposed,

I've been paying close attention to the national reaction of this pro-israel stance that the Harper government has obviously taken. In light of how other nations have been increasingly in support of palestine, I believe if the Canadian public spoke up about this we might have a chance to influence the government to reconsider its stance if we highlight some crucial factors. Maybe an effective online campaign / petition would do the trick.

I say this because I would be more than willing to help. I'm a resident of Ottawa and coincidently Baird is my MP. I'm also involved in a numberof college and university campus' here, I'm sure we could get support for this. Overwhelmingly I believe (real) Canadians feel the way we do, that this is manipulation of our democracy by a foreign power. I mean, imagine if Russia or China started influencing our foreign policy the way Israel does.

At the very least, we can have a public declaration to the world that Canadian citizens don't support our governments decision to support conflict in the middle east. I know all real Canadians support peace in the middle east.
------
edit- also , dont listen to cynic. I dont know what kind of nutjob this guy is, who would seriosuly support israel and the conservative government in general. Its also the conservative government that ran up the deficit, so that remark about the economy is entirely unfounded. Every good Canadian can see that the harper government is this pathetic attempt to emulate the conservatives of the U.S. How un-Canadian can you get? Maybe we should send these guys south.

edit on 4-12-2012 by DivineEvolution because: cynic

edit on 4-12-2012 by DivineEvolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I strongly agree with your sentiment. Harper is not well perceived here in Quebec. He was causing headaches with a minority government and a false sense of superior narcissism and yet, the second time around we gave him a majority. From narcissism to totalism.

Who is to blame, honestly? We are. The people. Canadian citizens from all provinces. We did re-elect him with a majority.

This man does NOT speak for Canadians.

Unfortunately, on the international level, he does. Whether we like it or not (and I despise the guy) he represents us. Until we kick him out the door, next time around.

Why does he support Israel that much? Simple, follow the money trail. Sad but it's a fact.

If it wasn't he'd be backing third world countries where immorality and genocides happen on a regular basis.

Power is the game and money is the same. Now who holds it? Palestine or Israel?

Makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Apologize for yourself, not for the entirety of the nation. While I find Mr. Harper and his Alberta Conservative ilk to be thoroughly repugnant, and disagree with him on most issues, support for the nation of Israel isn't one of them.

why do you support one group of human beings and not the other. especially when one of is denying them a basic God given right, freedom.

and what does canada, basically the north pole, have anything to do with getting involved with israel and palestine.

canada was always known to be the on the side of peace, not military occupations, regardless of who is right or wrong.

i'd love to see all of you thrown in a cage and have russia and china decide your future. then have n. koreans opinionating whether you should be let out.

not only that, for you to be even considered to be let out you have recognize russia and chinas right to hold you in there.

this is just a case of harper wanting to turn canada into a global power. he's insane. does he want what is happening to the u.s. happen to canada.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I hope the the liberals find some one decent or it will be harper again and he has done enough damage to our country with not even 40% of the Canadian vote.

Don't worry, you libs will soon have Justin Trudeau. That's right, another Trudeau.

God help us all.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First off, if you actually believe that the western democracies are real honest democracies......i well hahah i think hahah
you better look again..hahahah
The truth is the world is ruled by megalomaniacs behind the scenes that strut their pupet leaders on the world stage.....
harper is just another puppet, and he sold out his country for his hour of fame....
The futue will see the man as a turncoat to world peace, and a traitor to his own country.
harper is an epic fail..............but hell never be poor again......
As far as palestine goes....The UN has the mandate to keep the lines of demarcation to the agreed upon treaties....
Why dont they give them some teeth to enforce the borders?
ON BOTH SIDES!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join