It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions. It is my opinion based on factual observations that these people do not speak on behalf of Canadians. We have been hijacked by the Zionist lobbies that are also known to influence other countries such as our neighbor south of the border, the United States.

Our "Conservative" government has always blindly supported Israel and their actions. They supported Israel during operation Cast Lead in 2009. Shortly after Stephen Harper, our Prime Minister went on to say that Canada will defend Israel "Whatever the cost".

I believe he should worry about defending Canada "Whatever the cost" and allow Israel to fend for themselves as they are more than capable than defending themselves.

We are one of the few nations who our leaders walk out on speakers at UN general assemblies if they do not agree with what the speaker is saying such as they did with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The only way to describe this behavior is "childish".

This has all gone on over the last few years, but recently it has gotten out of control. We voted against the Palestinians in their UN bid for "non-member observer state" when in reality we should have voted in their favor as the Palestinians deserve the same rights that Canadians have.

Here is the disgraceful speech from our Minister of Foreign Affairs, John Baird at the UN vote.

This man does NOT speak for Canadians.

Now, the UN has approved a resolution that calls on Israel to quickly open its nuclear program for inspection which many nations and organizations have been constantly asking for over the last few decades.

I am embarrassed to say that Canada is one of the countries who voted against this resolution.

Can ada votes agains UN motion for inspection of Israel's nuclear program

I find this very hypocritical considering the hardline stance we have taken against Iran and their nuclear program as Iran has been far more cooperative than Israel has. We even went as far as closing our embassy in Iran and expelling all of our Iranian diplomats.

Canada closes embassy in Iran, expels Iranian diplomats

Canada, a nation that was known as a peace keeping nation and for it's common sense when it came to world politics has now become nothing more than a Zionist puppet on the global stage. This angers me and it also angers many people I know from all walks of life. Even many of those people who voted for Harper and his current government do not agree with his unconditional support for Israel and their apartheid ways. Stephen Harper and John Baird should be speaking out against illegal settlement construction in the West Bank..but we hear nothing of the sort.

So I feel obligated, as a Canadian, to apologize to the world for the despicable actions of my leaders since I do not think it is fair for us to be associated with these war loving psychopaths.

Mr Harper...where do your loyalties lie?

The answer is pretty obvious if you ask me:

THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT THE WORLD TO THINK OF CANADIANS!

I invite all Canadians, and even non Canadians on ATS to explain whether or not they agree with my views on this, and the reason for your opinion on this matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to give credit to the following source that gave me the idea to start this thread. Some, but not all of the information I presented came from this source but I did not want to use part of their title without giving them the credit they deserve.

Thank you veteransnewsnow.com for giving me the inspiration to write this thread as a lot of this has been on my mind for quite a while now.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World: The 10 Most Shameful Minutes in Canadian History

Please visit their link since there is a lot of information that I did not mention in my OP that some of you may find interesting, maybe even surprising depending how knowledgeable you are on Canadian domestic and foreign policies.
edit on 12/4/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+72 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You talk about blind support, yet you blindly support Palestine regardless of what they say or do. For example, it doesn't matter to you that Palestinians want to eradication of Israel and the Jews, not peace.

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions.

I live in America...

You will get used to it...

+54 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

In the same spirit as CE as shown here, we the people of Canada do not support our government's position.

Nor do Palestinians of sound mind support the terrorist organization known as HAMAS.

~Tenth

+49 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
You talk about blind support, yet you blindly support Palestine regardless of what they say or do. For example, it doesn't matter to you that Palestinians want to eradication of Israel and the Jews, not peace.

mmmmmm how come Israel is stealing more and more land from the Palestinians? It seems like it is the other way around

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Canadian politics.

Being Canadian, do you think that the US is putting pressure on the PM to act as a proxy for their foreign policy?
It kinda seems that way to me. Just curious.

I really don't understand the whole nuclear inspection thing. The US demands inspections for Iran and then sanctions them, then they prevent those same inspections for Israel???? WTF?

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
For a country that is supposed to represent multiculturalism, tolerance, humanitarianism, and freedom our government seems to be disregarding them at a whim.

I to have been ashamed with the actions of my country. Just further demonstrates to me that our elected leaders do not serve the people that put them in office, but external parties that have opposing goals to the ideals of our country.

I always thought Canada was different with respect to integrity in politics, but at the end of the day, it is just as corrupt as every other nation.

This is no way a slight against one country or the other, but to me, the actions supported by my country do not represent my ideals, nor those of my fellow Canadians in my community

Anyways, this goes without saying that governments do not always represent the beliefs of their citizens, as we have seen in numerous cases from around the globe.

We all need to spend some time on the dock with some beers..Peace.

edit on 4-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Remember that thread a few months back about the gitch that would eliminate the stench of a really bad fart without affecting the robustness of the noise nor the relief of pressure? Well, I've come to the opinion that for the most part, Canada under it's current rule represents to pretty much the rest of the world, a simlar filter for the US . . .

We take the stench of their decisions, policies and general directions then repeat them all filtered and nice-like so the festering stinking globalist crap comes out pretty much smelling nicer and providing less of a negative affect on the gag reflex.

In short and with great thanks to Stephen Harper and his conservative hoard, we, my good friend, are the fart-catchers of the planet.

Oh la laaaaaaa . . . I feel a burrito rounding the bend twixt stomach and colon . . . this one's gonna be an oh-bammer!!!!!!

Never mind . . . that's just the Chinese Trade Agreement floatin' to the surface.

edit on 4-12-2012 by GoalPoster because: bekuz I can't not schpell to save me arse.

+42 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You are incorrect, as I do not blindly support Palestine. I do support Palestine, but not blindly as I am willing to admit their faults and criticize the actions of Hamas.

I am sure there are Palestinians that hate Israelis, and I am certain there are Israelis who hate Palestinians but that is a small minority from both sides. Regrettably due to the situation it is very easy to become hateful.

To assume that the Palestinians simply want to eradicate Israel and the Jews is unfair. I'm pretty certain a lot of their hate comes from the fact that they are imprisoned on their native land. Not only are they imprisoned on this land, but this land is constantly stolen.

Also, we cannot forget the blockade. This is something that I could not imagine living under. I have never lived somewhere that has been denied the necessities of life, have you?

All I ask is for you to walk a mile in their shoes before you are so quick to judge.
edit on 12/4/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: I changed some wording to avoid making this a religious issue.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I agree with your views. However, you and I, unlike Harper, don't represent Canada. Harper was elected to represent Canada by a majority of Canadians, and as long as he remains as the elected representative, he represents also the will of the people.

It is Harper's views as much as it is Canada's. We elect and pay him to lead.

As long as we keep patriotically glorifying the state as if it spoke for the individual—one who is merely guilty due to geography—we are just as guilty as Harper. Canadians voted him in and he is a Canadian; yet he doesn't speak for Canada?

Good writeup.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually, Harper did not win a majority of the public vote.

He won because Canadians split the vote between the NDP and the Liberals. Had Canadians chosen one alternative party, Harper would have lost.

Period.

He did not wint the majority of Canadians, it was less than half.

~Tenth

+50 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Apologize for yourself, not for the entirety of the nation. While I find Mr. Harper and his Alberta Conservative ilk to be thoroughly repugnant, and disagree with him on most issues, support for the nation of Israel isn't one of them.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions.

I live in America...

I lived in the state of Georgia for five years, but I was not very politically active during that time.

To be honest, this type of representation is not something I want to get used to.

Cheers.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I live in America...

I'm a Newfoundlander first, Canadian second and I DO NOT agree with the Canadian governments stance on Palestine with regards to the UN vote. PM Harper and Minister Baird should be ashamed of themselves. Then again most Canadians are ashamed of them, lol.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Being Canadian, do you think that the US is putting pressure on the PM to act as a proxy for their foreign policy?
It kinda seems that way to me. Just curious.

As much as I would like to think that I speak for all Canadians, I do not so please understand the answer to your question is my sole opinion.

I believe you are correct. Stephen Harper wants to be in the cool guy club, he strikes me as the type of person who got picked on in school and is drunk with his current power and acts in complete disregard of what many of the citizens of Canada want. Not only on Middle Eastern issues, but he also is a real piece of work when it comes to other policies such as our economy and selling out to foreign corporations. Canada is a nation with many resources and I do not believe I am seeing my fair share of these resources as most the profits go to multi-national corporations.

I really don't understand the whole nuclear inspection thing. The US demands inspections for Iran and then sanctions them, then they prevent those same inspections for Israel???? WTF?

I'm with you my friend, it leaves me in complete disbelief.

It's almost as if we are in the Twilight Zone or some twisted alternate Universe where logic and compassion are non existent.

I used to believe in democracy but I cannot remember a time when our democratically elected leaders actually put the people who elected them as their first priority.

+26 more 
link   
Canadan politicians are all israel's bitches ..sorry to say ...

Defend israel at any cost ..? they should ALL MOVE to israel and 'defend it at any cost' !
Whats that harper ..? no kohones..? i thought so ..lol throw these whipped cronies out of office ....

you're right .. they should be defending Canada at any cost .. I bet they've never given such a rats ass about Canada ..or spoken so in defense their own country.. as they do about israel ..what a shame ..!

+19 more 
link   
I hate Stephen Harper for more reason than that.. i don't know any new graduate/young man that would like that PoS.

Stephen Harper is Canada's Afghan/Iraq era Bush.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well said! Applause.

Fortunately, the OP only speaks for himself or the few and he delusively hope that with post such this, will be able to fool others that Canada supports genocide upon jews.

Let's not forget that the terrorist humanslayers Hamas was 'democratically' elected as elected officials of Palestine and the sucking up to terrorist Hamas PLO leader Abbas that the world voted to recognise, praised Hamas for their recent atrocity of instigating the war and hiding themselves/weapons within Gaza population centre.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually, Harper did not win a majority of the public vote.

He won because Canadians split the vote between the NDP and the Liberals. Had Canadians chosen one alternative party, Harper would have lost.

Period.

He did not wint the majority of Canadians, it was less than half.

~Tenth

Yet he is in power. Period.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Please do not derail the thread with such bold claims with nothing to back them up.

Fortunately, the OP only speaks for himself or the few and he delusively hope that with post such this, will be able to fool others that Canada supports genocide upon jews.

I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. Please elaborate how I am trying to fool others that Canada supports genocide upon Jews?

Even though we disagree on most topics, I did invite everyone to share their opinions, but please keep it civil and at least try to back up your statements if you are going to slander me.

ETA:

Please don't run away like you usually do once you are confronted with a logical counter-argument, I would appreciate an elaboration for your unjust and incorrect accusation.
edit on 12/4/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join