It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and we still get it wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Guys,

Im sure we have all been quite fascinated and entertained by 2012 and its many theories and "facts" and Im sure some of us may be paranoid (im sorry about that) and some of us are quite "I dont care" about it.

But,

Lets be good theorists and really do some research before we start topics. Me, as a South American, I learn about the Mayans and Aztecs and Incas (which no one seemed interested on but believe me, they are quite something as well!) and the many indigenous tribes in the Americas. Guys, you have got something quite wrong all this time.

This is the Mayan Calendar:

and this is how it works in respect to the Bakhtuns (read into that, many many threads about it)

This is the Aztec Calendar (the pretty one we see everywhere)

Its 2012! and we still dont know WTF calendar we are all talking about!

Apologies the images dont appear here. I am quite handicap with ATS

edit on 3-12-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I like my calendar in Microsoft Outlook. It's more accurate and goes on forever.....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Surely, you a native to South America, know that the Haab is not used on the Long Count?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What you're talking about is the Calendar Round. This was composed of their solar calendar, the Haab, which was 365 days long; and their religious calendar, the Tzolkin, which was 260 days long. Together they created a 52 year cycle. For the most part the Long Count is separate from this system and is linear as opposed to cyclical.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't understand why no one understands what calender people are talking about when they refer to the Mayan calender. It does have an absolute end date because it is in the shape of the pyramid (as shown in the link).

oneness2012.com...

The date in there says October 28, 2011 but I never understand where people get that date from. The Mayans never came up with the date Dec 21, 2012 that we are aware of. The date was gotten from the Aztecs and applied to the Mayan calender as the end date. But as you can see, the calender does have a decisive end date.

I am not saying anything will happen then. I realistically don't expect anything to happen, but I hope/believe that there will be some type of good change.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
what I'm trying to say is that the circular one with the face in the middle is the Aztec calendar regardless of Haab, Haob or Haub.

That's all. I am comparing the circular one with the man in the middle and the circular one with the face in the middle. Very different... I also included teh other images so people know what the long count - short count stuff people talk about.

I personally believe its all BS. You go to Guatemala and people have no idea of 21/12/2012. It was all done by History Channel. Next one will be 2020, 2022, and so on.. people always make this stuff up

if you deny that then welcome to ATS, full of people talking gibberish. I assume sometimes there are many 12 years old here but sometimes when I read people have even kids, I actually feel sorry for them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Yes! I prefer that one too!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darian

I discussed the problems with this interpretation last year right before October 28. Pretty much this nine stepped pyramid concept of the calendar has no basis in anything.

Calleman, October 28 & What It Means For Your Weekend

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
After the 1980s apocalyptic evangelistic expectations, the mass Y2K hysteria and now the 2012 mayan prophecies...if this one does not materialize (doubtful unless used as cover for globally engineered catastrophes) then it will be hard for people to believe in "the end" in the future.....like in 2015 for the "blood red moon".

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why would the people in Guatemala know now? I've been to pyramids in Mexico, and I've seen the people of Costa Rica and Panama which were all apart of that same culture in the past. They don't have an idea about their past now, because the Crusaders took away their past from them. I've seen stuff of theirs in the Natural History Museum in London. Why would the crusaders, now the western world, not have accounts of how they used to be. As far as I'm concerned, the Mayan population that made this prophecy is extinct. We have no idea what the ancients knew about the future. They could have witnessed a changing of the ages, and now this could be a new one. Or it could just be another day. But when over 42 ancient cultures had end times accounts and also prophecies, many which are said to happen 12/21/12. We have no idea what could come. Though it is also true that nothing could happen, I just like to have an open mind about it and entertain the possibility.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Brothers, I will tell you why these things must be talked about incessantly.
Our life force, basically, has been taken from us.
There is no God to believe in, or rather, there is no believable God.
Not even science is giving us any answers. Just probabilities of maybe answers.
There is nothing real to believe in. And this is perfectly okay, were it not that this came as a SHOCK.

So now we believe in apocalypse only. Only death will bring us the truth we need to find. And this is most true, but must be carefully interpreted. What sort of death? Near Death? Ego Death? Physical Death?

The truth is, there is no truth. We create our realities based on our tunnel vision which we perpetuate onto the next generation, which instead of expanding the tunnel, simply shifts the tunnel elsewhere. We need to EXPAND the tunnel until the tunnel turns itself inside out. If that will even happen? I don't know. Who knows, really, except for the truly enlightened. And who is truly enlightened? Who really knows, except, for the truly enlightened.

new topics

top topics

join