It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Atlantis Theory?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hello,

I got done watching a show called "Escape From Atlantis" about an hour ago and it made me think of something. In the show, the characters are transported to Atlantis by something in the Bermuda Triangle. And after everything that happens they get transported back but come back in Stonehenge. So my question is, What if Atlantis in actually on another planet or in another deminsion and that there are places put here by Atlantians for travel back and forth. And maybe Atlantians are actually Greys?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
maybe the bermuda is a transport. possibly to another dimension. but i dont think they are greys. cause they were living with man back in the day and didnt say anything about them being different. and thats a good idea

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Doubtful, but I will not throw out your theory. Evidence points that the Atlantis civilization, while extremely advanced in comparison to the races that would proceed it, was not capable of such advanced technology such as teleportation. Crude airplanes, very possibly; but instantaneous travel? I think not.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
teleportation is hard....if you wanted to teleport something youd have to send them proton by proton and once the protons reach the other side youd have to have a way of rearranging them again so youd look like yourself and not get all scrambled up with your brain on your knee or something or become inside out

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
teleportation is hard....if you wanted to teleport something youd have to send them proton by proton and once the protons reach the other side youd have to have a way of rearranging them again so youd look like yourself and not get all scrambled up with your brain on your knee or something or become inside out

Yes, Heisenberg uncertainty is a monstrous problem of which I doubt the Atlanteans had mastery.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
whats heisenburg uncertainty?

i wont disagree with this theory because there can be a wormhole almost anywhere in this universe and maybe thats what it is

[edit on 22-10-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

whats heisenburg uncertainty?

Heisenberg uncertainty is the idea that because it is nearly impossible to know an electron's velocity and position at the same moment in time, you cannot do certain things like teleport an object. It's related to what you said about protons.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
ohh ok thanks for clarifying that....

never too good with theories and stuff with peoples' name in it

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What if atlantis never existed except the mind of plato. How can a land mass actually dissappear? Thats like India going under and NOONE knowing, cmon, its not plausible.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by faiz
What if atlantis never existed except the mind of plato. How can a land mass actually dissappear? Thats like India going under and NOONE knowing, cmon, its not plausible.

You should read Rand Flem-Ath's Atlantis Blueprints. It will answer your questions thoroughly while actually exciting the hell out of you.

The land mass didn't actually disappear, the people inhabiting it did. It was a sudden natural disaster. The survivors escaped to the fertile area known as Mesopotamia, where civilization was reborn.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was meaning that it would be a wormhole....I think that if there was technology for teleportation that it would have to be setting out in the open and would have been discovered thousands of years ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pehaps Atlantis was a society of people from our future. They invented a time machine, and traveled back to that time to study the people of that time. This would explain why they were so advanced and supposedly had nuclear weapons and such. So were back in time and our island is destroyed by a Volcano, Earthquake, or even a nuclear explosion. The people of our future see the dangers in this and stop this, showing why there have been no more civilizations as adavcned as the Atlanteans.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

what? proton? what about the neutrons and electrons? would they just stay behind?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
yes it would be hard to make teleportation possible. and maybe the atlantis people knew all about it. and mastered it. and how would u know it aint real i believe that atlantis was real and its people were real they probably just left or natural disaster occurred. so yeah i believe it.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by faiz

Your right, its not plausible but its possible.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You should read Plato's actual words (The Dialoque of Critius). It is pretty apparent that both the continent and the capital city were called "Atlantis", much as New York City is in New York State, etc. It is the CITY of Atlantis that sank, not the continent. There are plenty of Atlanteans around...now they are called South Americans.
There are THREE distinct times in this short dialogue that Plato makes it clear he is talking of a TRUE tale, not some fictional account. He gives clear and distinct measurements, geographical layout, location, etc. and you'll find that the Altiplano region in Bolivia fits these descriptions to a "T"...
Of course, all of this is my opinion, but I invite you to actually read it for yourself, then look at the region I mentioned.

Be careful though, for much of the dialogue he first speaks of the Greeks of the time...

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is widely accepted that the Island of Thera is the resting place of Atlantis. It was before Plato's time that the largest natural explosion the Earth has ever seen took place. It sank the whole place. The Civilization that was there, which I believe it was the Minoans, conquered a massive amount of land. If we drew their territory today, it would cover some of Greece, the Islands of Thera and others, and a vast amount of water. Their empire consisted of like 80% water by our maps today. The Minoans were an unimaginably powerful civilization, and how could they become so powerful owning very little land? There is undisputable evidence that an explosion the size of 100 H-Bombs took place, causing large amounts of the island to sink into the Aegean Sea. I believe that it was in this area that the mighty Atlanteans thrived. Plato later would write about this a 2 or 3 hundred years down the road.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here is a link to a similar theory that I had.

Link.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Pehaps Atlantis was a society of people from our future. They invented a time machine, and traveled back to that time to study the people of that time. This would explain why they were so advanced and supposedly had nuclear weapons and such.

Err... Dont you think people from the future would be a *little* more hesitant on bringing nuclear weapons, aircrafts and other techs back?

It would be amazing if we show more consideration for modern days endangered species than we do for our own past

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
merka,

not if they needed brtter technology in the furture. Think about it this way by seeding the past with better tech creates a better future. maybe they needed the better tech to fight the grays

the last part was a joke

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join