It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor creates new type of Armour

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

Devilwasp.
That is not an insult it is a way of describing the way you view most things.Everytime you write something you try to defend it when it is ridiculous

High power lenses are fine and we have all the abillites to monitor not only animals but humans without there knowledge which allows us to study them.Some people need to spend less time on the net and more time infront of the tv

Civillian companies are conected via the govt either by there board of directors or ex govt workers set up in business and financed to carry out work secretly on behalf of the govt.Most large private security companies in Iraq and elswhere are connected to the govt.David Sterling was on of the top guys who when left the millitary was set up in business by the govt to provide personnel in sensitive areas where the British need a situation dealt with but was unable politically to send conventional troops.The companies involved in making land mines are connected secretly to the govt but the govt wants to be publicly been seen thanks to Diana to not be involved in land mines.
If somebody is within 15 yards of you with a 12 gauge or any other weapon you need to have protection all over you as you are so close they gonna shoot you accueratly in the place you don`t have protection

really? so defending the fact that europe can defend its self is rediculous ?or the fact that this armour is effective of protecting vehicles is rediculous?
"Some people need to spend less time on the net and more time infront of the tv" some people need to get out and see how difficult it is to sneak up on something. NOT EASY.
yeah thats one of the reasons behind the shotgun ,dont need acuracy and did you see the diffrence between the targerts. the spray didnt hit or break the glass with the pad on.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Shadowxix.
Do you really think walking into a bears cave in this huge suit is going to allow you to stand over the bear and learn everything you need to no about it

Actually yes, because it can allow you to take blood samples from a bear in its den without risk of getting mauled. We could just put a camera in a den if we wanted to watch a bear in a den but thats not going to give us information on whats going on inside the bears body.

And you cant just drug a bear because thats going to changing whats going on in its body.

Bears can and do wake up during the winter would you want to go into a den a get a blood sample without any protection?

Im just trying to make a point that there could be a use for this suit.

The last guy I heard of that "gained the trust of a bear" and worked so close to them Timothy Treadwell was killed and eaten by a bear along with his girlfriend. Perhaps you should ask him if he would have liked the suit then.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 24-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Looks good!!!
How many rounds did he put into that bag??? A kevlar vest of class III a quality will stop ONE 7.62x51 bullet WITH the inserted trauma plate ( ceramic or other dense material worn over vitals). Also, who said it had to be that thick to stop A bullet or 2, or 3. This was only a test of a NEW product. No he does not have R&D resources of a govt. military but he does have a product that could be further developed by such. The fact is that not enough info, related to this product, is available in ONE demonstration to determine it's viability in a real world situation.
From the preliminary testing it appears to have excellent ballistic qualities.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
sorry! thats level III armour stopping 6 7.62x51mm rounds. And it is very bulky to wear. Current Us military armour,Interceptor, weighs in at 16.4 lbs. including "trauma plates" front and rear. This system is tested to stop 7.62mm rounds. weather that's NATO or other is not clear from what I found in my brief search.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by almighty_puma]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

really? so defending the fact that europe can defend its self is rediculous ?or the fact that this armour is effective of protecting vehicles is rediculous?
"Some people need to spend less time on the net and more time infront of the tv" some people need to get out and see how difficult it is to sneak up on something. NOT EASY.
yeah thats one of the reasons behind the shotgun ,dont need acuracy and did you see the diffrence between the targerts. the spray didnt hit or break the glass with the pad on.

I never stated your arguments for europe

These pads are way to thick to be useful.If the size could be reduced that would be a great development.It would be interesting to see the gel use in body armour cuurently in use to see how well it works.

Shadowxix
I suggest you use some imagination and picture the seen you just stuck one needle in the bear it wakes and decides to attack you due to the pain you just inflicted how you gonna withdraw the blood whilst it is attacking you? what use is blood to explain Hibernation? Also by my link should have shown that we no the physical changes that occur in bears whilst hibernating.Drugs can be used to similate the deep sleep that bears go into and therefore have allowed heart monitors and so on in the lab.When was the last time you seen this suit commercially available? You never will because it is a total waste of time

[edit on 25-10-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

no no there cant be exceptions

These pads are way to thick to be useful.If the size could be reduced that would be a great development.It would be interesting to see the gel use in body armour cuurently in use to see how well it works.

i think they are not that bulky and would probably be made smaller if made by machines than by hand.
also the bit about drugging the bear does mess up the exsperiment and by any scientific standards this is all they probably could do because of the safety risks.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Shadowxix
I suggest you use some imagination and picture the seen you just stuck one needle in the bear it wakes and decides to attack you due to the pain you just inflicted how you gonna withdraw the blood whilst it is attacking you? what use is blood to explain Hibernation? Also by my link should have shown that we no the physical changes that occur in bears whilst hibernating.Drugs can be used to similate the deep sleep that bears go into and therefore have allowed heart monitors and so on in the lab.When was the last time you seen this suit commercially available? You never will because it is a total waste of time

[edit on 25-10-2004 by weirdo]

Wow I hope you dont think that link explained everything about how bears hibernate. The only real data it gave was on heart beats and that of bats( alittle easier to work with)

Bears are in a class all their own when it comes to hibernaion they are super hibernators. Scientist arent even close to understanding everything about bear hibernation. If anyone tells you we do know everthing they dont know what they are talking about.The mystery of bear hibernation has intrigued scientists and biologists for years. It is a mystery that we are just beginning to understand.Several physiological processes bears undergo during hibernation are of interest to medical researchers.

I will give you one such example of something we dont know about hibernation is that bears do not lose bone mass during hibernation. All other mammals which maintain non-weight bearing positions for an extended period of time suffer form osteoporosis, or a weakening of the bones. When the substance for this phenomenon is discovered it may help people who suffer from weak bones.

How are we going to find this "substance for this phenomenon" ?

"what use is blood to explain Hibernation? " How are you going to learn anything about a animals body chemistry or metabolism without a blood sample. Thats perhaps the best source for information on what changes are going on in a bears body.

Using Drugs to similate the effect is pointless and a waste of time. Any results your going to get are worthless. I have never heard of a bear ever put into hibernation using drugs if you has some information on this please provide it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
1) If one is bent on studying bears up close and personal, using robots might be a good idea, as opposed to luggin a 140+ lbs armor suite. Imagine you are in a swampy area.. Will sink real fast

2) I'm not impressed with the technology of the armor. I went to a few sites... Looks like it's an equivalent of plywood, except made not from wood but with 90 layers of Kevlar... I agree a plate like this will be exceptionally strong. There is also some material to help dissipate energy. But there is little new technology there. If there is money, I suppose they can just start gluing a ton of Kevlar on the humveess... Will certainly help... I have hard time beleiving though that this is cheap.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
1) If one is bent on studying bears up close and personal, using robots might be a good idea, as opposed to luggin a 140+ lbs armor suite. Imagine you are in a swampy area.. Will sink real fast

Thats a real good idea better to send in a robot if you lose it no big deal. Im not really trying to defend the armour as the best way to handle studying bears up close. A robot would be much better IMO, But there is a need to be able to get that close to wild bears.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was under the impression this topic involved a new type of body armor, not weather or not bears could be studied up close.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
That guy was somewhat of a spaz, true, but inventors are known to be a bit eccentric.

Those bags are interesting. One thing I'd like to comment on is that an RPG uses a shaped charge for piercing armor, whereas the dynamite they were using is an undirected blast.

The bullet stopping was pretty cool, though.

The armor looks a bit bulky, but maybe that can be worked on.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Funny, one of my buddies is related to this guy. He's his cousin or uncle or something. At any rate, the kind of spastic genius streak runs in the family pretty deep.

And addressing the whole "military has everything" line, that's a laugh. Most of the greatest and ingenious technology we have today was invented by "crackpots" with unconventional thinking.

[edit on 26/10/2004 by Thousand]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Put that # on the bottom of Humvee's. Isn't mine and IED protection.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kozzy
Put that # on the bottom of Humvee's. Isn't mine and IED protection.

did you see how it stopped those exsplosvies?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Wow I hope you dont think that link explained everything about how bears hibernate. The only real data it gave was on heart beats and that of bats( alittle easier to work with)

Bears are in a class all their own when it comes to hibernaion they are super hibernators. Scientist arent even close to understanding everything about bear hibernation. If anyone tells you we do know everthing they dont know what they are talking about.The mystery of bear hibernation has intrigued scientists and biologists for years. It is a mystery that we are just beginning to understand.Several physiological processes bears undergo during hibernation are of interest to medical researchers.

I will give you one such example of something we dont know about hibernation is that bears do not lose bone mass during hibernation. All other mammals which maintain non-weight bearing positions for an extended period of time suffer form osteoporosis, or a weakening of the bones. When the substance for this phenomenon is discovered it may help people who suffer from weak bones.

How are we going to find this "substance for this phenomenon" ?

"what use is blood to explain Hibernation? " How are you going to learn anything about a animals body chemistry or metabolism without a blood sample. Thats perhaps the best source for information on what changes are going on in a bears body.

Using Drugs to similate the effect is pointless and a waste of time. Any results your going to get are worthless. I have never heard of a bear ever put into hibernation using drugs if you has some information on this please provide it.

Your right the link dosn`t go into great detail.I spent about 5 secs as l am not really interested.But it also dosn`t state that Hibernation in bears is an unknown scientific area.
You have proved my claims as you have stated that bears don`t suffer bone loss during hibernation.How do we no this? do you honestly believe a man standing in a cave over a sleeping bear wearing this suit is gonna find that out?:@@
lease use your own knowledge of the subject and ask yourself will this suit benifit scientists researching this area.If the answer is yes l suggest you go and buy a load of these suits and sell them to the scientists that are unaware of the great invention they are missing out on and you could make your fortune

Please give links to back up your claims that druging a bear would be a waste of time and also on your other points as without evidance your claims cannot be given much credit

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

no no there cant be exceptions

i think they are not that bulky and would probably be made smaller if made by machines than by hand.
also the bit about drugging the bear does mess up the exsperiment and by any scientific standards this is all they probably could do because of the safety risks.

There are exceptions who said you can make up the rules

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There are exceptions who said you can make up the rules

i didnt but you ghange your words after i have said something.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Link to report of operations Iraq 2003

The military are doing ongoing research in the area of defence both personnel and vehicle.They are the experts in the field as to the requirements also they have access to real weapons unlike that hillbilly.
Did the memmer that was claimed to be from the Military jump for joy or make a comment no.If he was interested this video wouldn`t have made it to the net or public viewing.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
firstly this isnt some secret stealth material so it doesnt need top secret clearance and also they dont know whats inside onnly the creator does and i am sure if the military was not interested they would have requested to take their man out of the film.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
firstly this isnt some secret stealth material so it doesnt need top secret clearance and also they dont know whats inside onnly the creator does and i am sure if the military was not interested they would have requested to take their man out of the film.

Its not that the material is stealth secret.
If the Canadian army wanted it they would have to buy the rights to use it.If other countries got involved there would be a bidding war.Also to stay ahead the material would need to be kept secret so that other countries couldn`t copy.Also to prevent ammunition being developed that would penetrate this material before it was manufactured.There are still spies in the arms industry as all industries developing technology.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join