It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turtle Island Preserve Shut Down by NC Building Code officers in Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This Might Be the Last Straw for me,
and I am sure Eustace Conway of Turtle Island Preserve is in the Dumps about America right now.
The Story is told here in a thank you to the Resilient Family Website by Eustace himself.

Turtle Island Preserve- Eustace Conway

Because of Building Codes the state went onto his property treated him like a terrorist because he lives and teaches about building like our forefathers built,,,, i.e. without building codes and inspectors. The sad but oddly funny part is they had an inspector check out things who was recommended by the county itself,, and he said things were built BETTER THAN CODE!!!

This is a great place and needs ATS Help by getting the word out that America is Under ATTACK!!!

And it is THE FEDERAL, STATE and LOCAL GOVERNMENTS ATTACKING AMERICANS

this is nothing but an attack on our freedom to live as we wish, and if you are trying to be self sufficent, you should stand by this man and Turtle Island, because he is a living embodiment of all Preppers and survivalist and just plain homesteaders and country folk want to be.

This is the YouTube Video about why he lives off Grid

This is a sad day for North Carolina, and the USA in general when we are demonizing the great men and women of this country who just want to live in peace as they see fit....

sad sad sad
PS: Meant to put link to their site here it is: Turtle Island Preserve
edit on 12/3/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: added PS Link

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

If you don't pay the government to live, then you will die! When will people realize this! Modern slavery at it's best......

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It gets more disturbing each day. This man is someone I have always wanted to meet,, and lives here in NC and has done what so many of us dream of doing,, on his own terms.
For OVER 25 plus years at Turtle Island Preserve!!

And NOW they come for him,,,, Is it JUST ME? or is this the beginning of the "Crystal Night" for Preppers, Survivalist and Homesteaders alike!!

Remember the Alamo
then many said Remember Ruby Ridge,, but
here we have it Without GUNS, violence,,, and a TEACHING CENTER TO BOOT,,,,

I SAY and will be Screaming for a LONG WHILE

REMEMBER TURTLE ISLAND!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Eustace Conway just wants to live off his land in peace and quiet.

His blood, sweat, and tears (HARD WORK) should be more than enough to cover his taxes.

He is working to survive while others always have their hands out looking for freebies.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

That is why Everyone needs to Scream from the Mountain tops,,,,,,

"REMEMBER TURTLE ISLAND!"

and explain to those who don't understand,,, what really is happening here,,
This is it people,,, TSHHTF!

Eustace and Turtle Island First,,, your next on the list of Grinch Government!!
I just Don't know how they will spin this to make him look bad,, because he is Such a Good person, doing good,, being what was once called a Real American Man,,, or as his biographer said,, the Last American Man.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I am really going to be sad if this doesn't get the attention it deserves. I am not talking about this thread, but this man and his life. Turtle Island Preserve is a Non Profit educational organization that has been taken down by our over zealous fearless Leaders in Local, State and Federal positions.

AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK

and THE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL Governments are doing the attacking.

If you think they will stop with Turtle Island,,, you are wrong,,, they will come for you too.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Guess I better be glad I wasn't talking about the attention here on this thread,,,, zilch!

Guess I should talk about something mindless,,, and a thousand flags and stars will appear..

not surprised as this is also the way it is about most important issues,,, brushed aside, and ignored,,

well, I am positive this is proof of the end,,, not of the world,,, just America,,
because when something like this happens and no one pays attention,,, then one day,,, we wake up and say,,,

Oh my God,,, why didn't anyone do anything??

Guess it is time to give up.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go postal. I swear. Leave the poor guy alone. He's not hurting anyone, and hasn't. Grandfather in his property, and be done with it, you damn government tyrants.

So they make him print up a few signs that say:

NOTE: The County will not certify this property, because it does not conform to current building codes. SO ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

And that's that. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The county is going to press and press and press some more, asserting every bit of tyrannical BS they can find to make this guy's life a living hell.

Wish I had seen your thread earlier, S&F.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks TrueAmerican, I live in NC, and have a small 1.5 acres not far from Turtle Island, having bought it to live like Eustace is Living,,

America,, I LOVE
Federal USA and Cronie suck up states to Federal Gov,,,, I HATE. They are REAL AMERICANS Enemy.

I wish to opt out.

and anyone who says Leave can kiss my hindside,, as I believe that a person should be free to Live and Pursue happiness the way they see fit without interference.
Maybe we could get a Million MOUNTAIN MAN March going?? Hey,,, that's an idea!!
hmmmmmmmmmm!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Kind of makes you wonder if they want him gone because they found minerals or oil in the area.

Disgusting.

top topics

join