It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A truly pointless rant. (Aren't they all?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi.

I warned you....

Why is it that when people introduce themselves they feel the need to say “I’ve been lurking for 2 years now and decided to join because….”?

WTH people?

Nobody here cares how long you've been spying on us, to be honest it’s a bit creepy.

A question I have is how can you read some of the nonsense on this website for soooo long and not get pissed off to the point where you feel like you have to join and set the person straight? I read like two articles before I joined so I could explain to the poster how wrong they really were.

I guess this thread is pointless because the potential members will never see the rant.

edit on 3-12-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Well, sorry we are not all up to your standards.
And that sentence may be one of the reasons they do state that, because this site can be intimidating.
Or maybe they just want people to know they are familiar with the site.

Eh. It's your rant.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
and a star given for your honesty in titling your thread...

Also i think we all had our reason for joining this community, you alone stated you joined to correct a fellow member after reading him/her stating something incorrectly, correct? Stating that you were a lurker before joining is just way of giving yourself some sort of bearing when you start jumping into peoples threads and correcting/ making a fool of yourself, depending on who you are he he. i myself lurked for about 15 mins before i was hooked and felt the need to respond, for others it might take a while before they feel the need to share any information that they may or may not have..

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.
edit on 3-12-2012 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That's code for..."I don't want to get on some Government list" (too late).

The word "lurking" should be left out of all introductions.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

That's code for..."I don't want to get on some Government list" (too late).

The word "lurking" should be left out of all introductions.

Right, "lurking"....even the word is creepy.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe they lurked so long before joining because they were paranoid about possibly being monitored by "the man".
That's why I waited a long time before joining. I think you finally reach a point where you just don't care who may be monitoring you anymore and go ahead and join as a symbolic act of "giving the finger to the man"!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Maybe they lurked so long before joining because they were paranoid about possibly being monitored by "the man".
That's why I waited a long time before joining. I think you finally reach a point where you just don't care who may be monitoring you anymore and go ahead and join as a symbolic act of "giving the finger to the man"!

Yup, maybe.

I give the finger to the man everyday it's one of the reasons I wake up in the morning.
You're right about the monitoring thing though. If you're a member you're screwed when tshtf.

P.S.- I love the cat.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have read these forums for a total of 4 or 5 years without having a membership. I remember having a membership years ago for a year or two but I rarely posted. This was during a time where a half-assed post would land you 10 or 20 suggestions to "Take that
to BTS."

So, even though I spent years reviewing the site (And submitting reports to my handlers
, I didn't have a presence on the forum) which is a little weird, since after reading certain members posts it seems like you get to know them, but they have no idea who you are.

I suppose people say this because they don't want to feel or be treated like a common "newb". Given that too many people will not even pay attention, or may mock someone simply because they don't have a high post count.

(Now I wish my postcount was lower, so as not to remind me how much time I waste spend on the forum)

edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join