It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing YIF art of magic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its amazing when "illusions" are brought to the public, without made up scenery. this young fellow Yif can pull a fresh huge baguette out of small dough also croissant.. He really does stuff which leave you speechless.. enjoy

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
OMG that was totally AMAZING. How the hell did he do that with the bread? I was stunned.

edit: just watched the fruit one......... I'm speechless!
edit on 3-12-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't really trust internet illusionists anymore. Not talking about this one specifically, but most of the 'magic' is done in the editing. Even on TV, they'll cut away for a split second, or crop out where the switch would be taking place. It really takes away from the skill and believability of truly talented people when they trick the audience digitally. I won't be truly amazed by an illusionist unless I see them live.
edit on 3-12-2012 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ahh the kind of magic where everyone is involved and trick photography rules supreme.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

WOW!!! Thanks OP! This guy puts phoney Chris Angel to shame.....

I used to do magic, (not professionally but just for children) and this guy is awesome!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

7:03

Where he "transforms" asian money into australian you can notice the bad cg work.
Drop shadow from his hand, bad border the left hand side of his hand and also motion tracking fail.

'debunked'

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
He has some good close up sleight of hand--props for that.

But he also is using CGI or blue screen type effects as well, which cheapen the
real sleight of hand and his talent.

Set up audiences like the baggette trick don't help either

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Good call! It's too bad that people consider CG Magic an art form. The overall "douchey"-ness of it all is enough to make me not want to watch, but knowing it's CGI, and the "unsuspecting" audiences are in on it, just makes me angry that I wasted my 5 minutes.

It's kind of like Big Foot or UFO hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I do cgi as a work, there were nothing wrong with the shadow. Size difference? those bills are different size in real life, if the size would have been same hoax would be more real. Motion tracking fail as you said can also be due video codec.. not yet debunked

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The dollar bill was a close-up sleight, and very good, as was the rubber band trick. Although the
rubber band trick had a tiny bit of camera play involved when he switched the group of
exposed rubber bands for the the linked ones. Still pretty good though.

The Bagette trick used a set audience and camera tricks IMO. I have worked for peanuts as a magician
and know a quite a bit....still very adept at several sleights

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Sovaka

I do cgi as a work, there were nothing wrong with the shadow. Size difference? those bills are different size in real life, if the size would have been same hoax would be more real. Motion tracking fail as you said can also be due video codec.. not yet debunked

I love how everyone specifies their "skills" before trying to imply what they say is true and without possibility of rebuke.

I too do CGI and am a Game Designer - So what I say must be true yes?

For the fact you say there is nothing wrong with the shadow proves your lack of "skill".
Initially on the Asian currency bill, the shadow is normal. About 1/2 way through the shadow refines and darkens.
Obvious 'drop shadow' effect in which ever editing suite they used.

And to the video codec issue trying to 'dispute' motion tracking fail... Yeah... Right, because a video codec can shift an object in video space while maintaining 100% integrity of the image while at the same time, providing accurate background imagery.
Where is this codec you speak of? It is the true magic in the video!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I don't really trust internet illusionists anymore. Not talking about this one specifically, but most of the 'magic' is done in the editing.

I'm with you on that .. There's definitely some trickery going on here and there's no way the people in that place weren't in on it .. at their angle they would have seen something and he was sitting very specifically at an angle to hide bread being fed to him from behind as a most logical explanation.. the bread was even bent that way.. it's a soft bread so it would have been able to take been snaked around and through his hand..

Still, he has some awesome presentation..

new topics

top topics

join