It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Root of All Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The last several years I've spent, rectifying my perceptions, and studying with supposed enlightened masters at an intense level, as opposed to what I was doing before, studying with lesser teachers, attending weekend seminars, applying the wisdom I had found. I finally took the effort to work my way into some inner circle interaction, and higher level wisdom. The following is some of the talk came down from one-on-one interaction.

There was a "plan", that come 2012, since so many people believed the world was going to end, they were going to follow that momentum and use it as a teaching. The idea was many masters were going to "leave." and in doing so, ascending, their spiritual influence being magnified greatly since they were no longer so restrained by a localized human body. This would help mankind as a whole, collectively, evolve, as everyone's influence touched them. But, secondly, more importantly for this discussion, there was going to be a lot going on earth to bring people to lose their things, to really have to confront their identity, and face their attachment to their stuff. Mankind would evolve through suffering.

We have always said that money was the root of all evil, but more accurately it was greed that caused the most evil to be done. It was control of resources, money, power, influence that created the most suffering. The "plan" (it's not like the masters all talk to each other. They actually consider it almost a waste to speak to one another when they could spend their time helping newer folks evolve.) was based on exploiting this greed to bring great awakening.

Recently some masters did leave. Sai Baba died years ahead of his original planned schedule, earlier this year Sri Kaleshwar took Mahasamadhi(Basically, just leaving the body in transcendence, not returning, attaining the great ascended state). They were following the old plan.

Several other masters that I am aware of were preparing for this also. Some knew assassination was coming, or others were just going to follow Sri Kaleshwar's lead. It was all part of the plan. But then, something changed, causality no longer had assassins coming to town. Things started to change, but why? When visiting the state of hell(Note I say state, not location) at the very pits of Hell, the main taste of the suffering was no longer greed. It was ignorance. Ignorance was always 10 times the darkness of Greed, but it was never took precedence.

But, things changed. Before we could declare war and point to those evil baby eating Japs, them blood sucking Krauts, them soulless Americans. But with travel becoming more common place, then internet, it's so easy to prove the propaganda wrong, just skype with some people on the other side of the world, and you see people are no longer the monsters politicians portrayed them to be. It's so difficult to just get a well-informed public to do things against their interest, and the interest of other people.

Unless you control the information. Control of money, resource is still very important, but now if you want to dominate the world, you need to control the information they get.

Look at the personal correspondence, the documentation of youths, receiving just a few years of schooling, from hundreds of years ago. They were articulate, well-informed of the times, handy, could get a lot of work done. Now, with a google search we can have a million times the information on a subject than one of our ancestors would have encountered in their lifetimes. Yet, so ill-informed is the public! So poorly trained are even university graduates, many claiming to have learned nothing, despite the great debt added to their name.

Ignorance is not merely not knowing. In any field, one could study it for a lifetime, and still not know everything, let alone all other fields. Yet, Ignorance is the not wanting to know. The already having formulated an opinion on the matter, the "I'm already right" the close-mindedness.

It is now so vitally important for the powers that be to control the information that people receive, to bring confusion, to distract them and make them disinterested.

In previous generations, people worked all the time, up to 300 years ago, the entire world was at war. A country against a country, a village against a village. There was precious spare time with which to inform oneself of the matters of the day, with the scant resources available, but they did quite well.

Now, only 1 third of the world is at war. The quality of life as a whole has gone up tremendously. People have a lot more free time. As a result, the great plague of mankind now is boredom. It's not the bubonic plague, or tuberculosis, it's boredom. Now people are desperately bored, and so people spend so much more time and resource filling life with entertainment.

I remember just a few years ago when I used to watch TV, I would watch the History Channel, Discovery, Travel, The Learning Channel. Now, turn any of these on at any time, and you will see reality TV, much like what happened with MTV in the 90's. It's entertainment. People are gradually being moved away from bettering themselves, and growing, to seeking distraction to fill the void of time.

Then, the social programming kicks in, as I used to discuss here in 2007.

You see how things have changed?

Ignorance, is the root of all evil, but now, it finally causes even more suffering than greed.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Interesting. What of the butterflies?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I haven't been around at any point when butterflies were discussed. I presume you're talking about them dying/mutating, likely in relation to the incident in Japan?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here is the version of this I wrote for the non-conspiracy minded.

Before I moved to Texas, I would occasionally watch TV. It would typically be the news, or some program on the History Channel, Discovery, or something of this nature. But I observed gradually they each had a few programs that weren't educational, but more along the lines of a reality show. One or two of these on a 20 hour program cycle is not too bad.

However, when I came back, these once favored stations were now quite saturated with entertainment programming, reality features, far divorced from the original concept of the channel. I haven't watched TV for a long time, save for when I happen to be with people who are watching.This transformation is the same as what MTV started to experience in the 90's.

I won't go into some conspiracy theory, but this allows me to transition into the theme of this message.

For centuries, even for thousands of years the notion that "money is the root of all evil" was prevalent. This desire to control resource, and thus, be able to do whatever you want, at any cost, indeed, has caused a great deal of suffering. But something changed.

In the old days it was easy to make peasants do anything, even go to war if you wanted. Just demonize the enemy. This was highly prevalent, especially up until the Vietnam era. Troops would be revved up to confront the soulless baby eating Japs, the wretched daughter stealing Krauts, as they prepared to battle the vile, greedy Americans(Sorry I can't think of a derogatory term that was used back then.)

But then, after the battles, we saw the same starving children, the same crying mothers, burnt out cities, that we saw at home, or among our allies. They weren't monsters, they were like us...

Come Vietnam people were still anxious to battle "Charlie" or the commies, those damn VC's. But this awareness that started in WWII is was spreading. Massive protests against government action started, and a message to love one another began to spread as the hippie era came of age. People aren't so different, why must we cut a father to ribbons with rifle fire because the voice on the radio said he was wrong?

This only began to spread with constantly improving quality of information, and ever more common global travel. People began to have access to information, the likes of which even scholars wouldn't have been able to come across in their lifetimes.

Even more than money, it started to become necessary to control the information that people got a hold of. The age of information warfare really came into it's own with the birth of the internet. Propaganda has been around forever, but never before could it be dispelled with a google search. Drastic measures must be taken.

Before the 50's, College was a rare thing. Hell, many didn't even graduate high school and went right into the work force. Yet, the quality of information, and the students' ability to make use of it was prevalent. Far enough back, 13 year olds out of school were common-place. Yet, if you ever read the documents these youths would write, you would imagine a Professor or PhD had birthed them, such was the eloquence, the understanding, and well informed public. They had scraps of education and details, but people ran with it. Today, within seconds you could have ten thousand times the quantity of information that our ancestors would encounter in their lifetime. But, how poorly we today have been trained to use our information resources.

Now, the root of all evil is no longer greed, the domination of resource, but rather, the control and manipulation of information. Could you imagine if we had a generation of world citizens that were as well trained as our ancestors, yet with today's technological and information resources? Ignorance is now the root of man's darkness. It is the linking of information and personal identity that controls the masses these days.

Watch any prime time program on any major station. The main male character is a fool. The female lead is often at least a bit more intelligent, but still outrageous and prone to drama. The entire series is driven, not by content, but through drama, not reason. The news? It's all about entertainment, and separation now. What celeb got the bling? Who's blowing whom? What crooked politician on the side you are primarily opposed committed a scandal this week?

The great plague of the 21st century isn't the bubonic plague, tuberculosis, SARS(heh remember SARS?). No no no. It is boredom. People are bored. These last two hundred years have been the most peaceful in mankind's history. Before, the whole of the world, every control, village, kingdom, they were at war. In such times, there is no time to be bored, so entertainment wasn't a priority. The priority was survival, and then being informed, being aware so that you could do something with yourself when you had the chance.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
continued from above:

But now, there is relative peace. Only a third of the world is at war. Work has, in general, been shortened to take up less of our days, and so, we seek to fill this time with things that matter, giving gradually greater and greater importance to being entertained, and taking for granted the relative lack of time we now spend on personal betterment, especially hen compared to the time we spend seeking entertainment to escape the plague of the day, boredom, depression. When you're fighting to survive, these things don't have time to come up, but now, there is a gap large enough for this plague to sink in.

We seek to escape our pain, don't make us think, don't make us work. Just show us something distracting, something to dull my attention, diminish my human faculties.

Now I see academically brilliant people, who then act like preteens. What, your 16 years of schooling and 40 years of debt wasn't enough to help you develop as a person beyond this shallow reactionary caricature? And yet, so smug in ignorance "I paid my 20 grand for a piece of paper, I'm smart now!" When, for free, you could acquire a far superior informational study at your library, or #, even in your bedroom, if you were to devote the time to learn. This identity of an educated person that covers up our own lack of knowing and traps us beneath mountains of debt.

I will not go into the full impact of societal conditioning at home, through major media, alternative media, and education. But can you see the great weight of this darkness that has befallen mankind? At least beneath greed a man could tap the potential of his wits. But now, who even bothers to cultivate them? Now a man who seeks to better himself is thought a snob, a prude, "thinks he's better than us" or living in a dream world.

Prepare yourselves. It is not the flesh eating zombies we must fear but the zombification of the masses via multi-generational conditioning. It's not being forced on us. It's what WE want. There is no conspiracy, but a natural side effect of more time, and more peace. When not actively compensated for, passively nature fills the void with a sense of emptiness that arises as boredom, as depression, which we then strive to cover up via entertainment and distraction.

Then of course, taking advantage of that, many in power will use this state to fulfill their greed, their lust for power, for money, and influence.

Ignorance is the root of all evil.

edit on 3-12-2012 by TheGreySwordsman because: Typo correction.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
CORRECTION:
It is not money,
but rather, the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil!

..but I think I see where you are going with this.
I think you are are referring to the love of ignorance that is now the root of evil, and considering how people now choose to go to extremes to be ignorant, that truly is indeed evil.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Great post. The derpa derpa is in full swing but it seems that some are still alive and kicking and screaming.

mistacs is prat of tit. The rod, the rod, the rod.
edit on 3-12-2012 by usernamehere because: sky-net made me do it

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro
[

If you read carefully, I actually said it wasn't money, nor even the love of money, but greed, and I gave as an example, control of resources, whether influence, money, or some other means. If you have a bunch of people in a culture before money developed, there was still greed. Money does not exist as a state of being, and a mere love of materialism is a different thing than greed.

No, actually it's just ignorance, not love of ignorance. Again, this ignorance is not a mere "not knowing" as I had mentioned. In the old sense, most of a culture wouldn't be heavily educated, so a mere not knowing did not render them ignorant. As I had mentioned, you could spend your whole life studying a single subject, and still have things you do not know. That doesn't make you ignorant. Ignorance, as meant from this sense is a not wanting to know. Being so sure that you know, that you are right. To use a gross movie example, to want the blue pill so much. It's what experience do you not want to be conscious of? What don't you want to know? What do you wnat to -ignore-?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think you're absolutely correct in a lot of what you say , but that you're way over thinking the root of all evil . It's right in the first few pages of the Bible and almost no one ever sees it. God creates the universe and everything in it including man, and all is well and the earth is paradise , even Lucifer is right as rain . Then God creates woman , straight to hell in a handbasket the whole thing goes . I figure Eve was probably a looker so when she showed up naked nobody could think straight anymore . Money my foot , I figure from that point forward it was all about trying to impress the girls .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the root of all evil is the concept of self or the individual

without it, there is no motivation for hoarding, greed, money, war, etc etc

just study ants

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

This isn't the metaphysics section so I didn't go into it. Ignorance encompasses identity, labels, etc, for being so sure of what you are that is allows a fixated localized gaze, associating existence with these particular forms. From ignorance then flows Greed, Hatred, etc.

top topics

join