It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Behind Guardian Letter Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
NEWS TIP:
The man behind the campaign by 'The Guardian Newspaper' London, to attempt to influence the outcome of the elections in Ohio by encoraging thousands of British Liberals to write to Ohio citizens asking them to vote for Kerry is an AMERICAN DEMOCRAT!!
His name is Albert Scandino, Executive Editor of 'The Guardian Newspaper.' London.

"Albert Scardino is an executive editor of the Guardian - his brother John Scardino owns a public relations firm and is a former congressional candidate." Guardian.

He appeared in person on BBCs 'Newsnight.' on 10-20-04.
He was there to defend the campaign also to reveal extra details of how Ohio citizens addresses were procured and given to complete strangers overseas.

No newspaper or TV News picked up on this interview and so for the moment this is secret news!

see also article below:

Rense.com

A Greenhorn On The Ranch
By Albert Scardino and John Scardino
The Guardian - UK
3-31-4

It's a good thing George Bush found a job in the White House. Though he owns a ranch in Texas, he'd make an inept cowboy. He can't seem to keep the herd settled in for the night.
All those little calves getting lost in the gullies. One is Valerie Plame, the CIA agent outed by someone hanging around the White House corral. Another is the Afghan war, orphaned by the Iraq campaign.
A third, the cost of the prescription drug programme, just keeps bleating from the bushes: $40bn a year as the White House promised eight weeks ago when the bill was being debated? $53.4bn as they say now that it has become law? $60bn as the administration's own analyst warned months ago but which his bosses ordered him not to share with Congress?
The president wouldn't do so well in all those small town saloons either. Too tempting to get all liquored up and then pick a fight with just about anybody for no good reason, as he's been doing since he came to Washington. The world's steel industry had to obtain a protective order to keep Bush from assaulting it.
Who knows why he's taken to beating up on scientists of every description, not just on global warming but on points that have been long settled. On evolution, for instance, he believes "the jury is still out," as he said in the last presidential campaign. Charles Darwin is damn near pre-deluvian himself, at least in the Christeo-Bush Calendar, the one that believes time began six thousand years before the birth of Mel Gibson. Besides, he wasn't even a Democrat.
The president can't even see where he's going. Last week, he stepped in the middle of Richard Clarke, his one-time terrorism tsar. Mr Clarke said the president and his staff were tone deaf to the repeated warnings they received about al-Qaida in the months leading up to September 2001 - and they still are, he added.
The way Clarke tells it, the Bush troop wanted a war against Iraq no matter how many times the intelligence services tried to warn them away. A bit reminiscent of General George Armstrong Custer at the Little Big Horn, considering whether to chase a decoy band of warriors down a gulch where the biggest army of native Americans ever assembled was awaiting him. "Should I go down there, Scout?" he asked a Cheyenne staff member he had arrested on suspicion of betraying him.
"You go down there, General."
"Aha," says Custer. "You think that I think that because you betrayed me, I won't go down there if you tell me to. But I know you think that, so I will go down there and find the enemy unprepared, and I will eradicate him."
That was one fictional version of a conversation the morning of Custer's Last Stand. True or not, Custer died before sunset.
But we're mixing metaphors here. Back at the cow herd, even vice president Cheney can act like a stray. When the Clarke revelations broke, Cheney said the former counter-terrorism chief wasn't "in the loop". If the czar wasn't involved, no wonder there was no policy.
The Clarke revelations could have been any of a dozen other pasture pies. Take China. In the last two years China has become America's favourite credit card issuer. Every month, the US borrows $10bn from China to go shopping. Sooner or later, America will max out the cards. When that happens, interest rates could skyrocket and the dollar plummet. It doesn't sound quite that simple when the Bush administration talks about it. They talk about trade deficits and balance of payments and the strength of the dollar. That's so much pidgin.
Here's how it works. The US buys textiles, electronics and equipment from China and pays for it with dollars. At the end of every month, there is $10bn more stashed inside the People's Republic than at the start of the month.
There aren't enough mattresses in China to hold it all, so the manufacturers take their customers' payments down to the Central Bank on the corner and exchange it for renminbi, their currency. The bank collects a mountain of greenbacks in Beijing.
Meanwhile, Washington no longer has much income because it has cut taxes three times since Bush took office. It doesn't spend much more, except on war, but it no longer has enough coming in to pay its bills. It has to borrow, about $40 or $50bn a month.
To raise enough cash to keep going, the government issues IOUs in the form of bonds. (I just need some help until pay day, says the Treasury). The Chinese take the bonds and send the dollar bills back across the Pacific.
This kind of arrangement is usually self-correcting. The currency of the buyer grows weaker with each passing month, the currency of the seller rises. Eventually, the debtor nation finds that it needs much more of its currency to buy the same quantity of goods.
But the Chinese have fixed their currency against the dollar, so it will not rise - until they let it go. When they do, it will be like the lightening bolt that touches off the stampede.
Afghanistan, Plame, North Korea, trade war, old Europe, al-Qaida sleeper cells, the federal debt and all the other unsettled cows in the herd will take off together. Don't count on Bush waving his hat at the front of the stampede to turn it. He'll be driving his pony alongside as fast as it will run, firing his six shooter in the air to spur them on.
Not exactly, of course, because President Bush isn't a cowboy. He's the president. To help him stay that way, he'll drop down to South Carolina, dying textile mill territory, and promise that if re-elected, he will impose quotas on millions of dollars of Chinese textiles to help save American jobs.
That's a bit like asking your bank for a $1m mortgage, then complaining that the rates should be higher because your $100 savings account isn't paying enough interest.
As they say about some posers in Texas, "All hat, no cows".

- Albert Scardino is an executive editor of the Guardian - John Scardino owns a public relations firm and is a former congressional candidate

Guardian Unlimited � Guardian Newspapers Limited 2004 www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So the man behind the Guardian' newspapers letter writing campaing is the Executive Editor ot he Guardian Newpaper.

This is news?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
So the man behind the Guardian' newspapers letter writing campaing is the Executive Editor ot he Guardian Newpaper.

This is news?

The news is that he is an American Democrat with links to the Democratic Party, living in London and trying to influence the Ohio Elections by giving many thousands of British Liberals the personal addresses of Clarke County residents so that the Brit Libs can write to them in support of John Kerry. i.e. What appears to be a British Campaign in all the US media, is in fact a US Democrat campaign.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

This is news?

I think the point being made is that it's an American Democrat behind the British paper.

Still I don't think there is anything wrong here. Every newspaper owner has personal beliefs and agendas and is free to do whatever they want with their "free press".

No different than Conrad Black, Izzy Asper, George Soros, the corporate owners of the alphabet press, etc... it's business as usual but that doesn't make it right.

PS sensfan: I noticed sara just registered today... maybe go easy on the newbies?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nope, Your vision is unclear, your moral view is degraded.

This is very simple.
A pretence was made that the BRITISH were trying in their thousands to influence the Ohio Elections in favor of John Kerry.

In fact it was an american Democrat with links to the Democratic Party.

That is not a matter of free speech, it is a matter of political fraud.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by sara]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara

Ok then...

So much for being nice to a newbie.

FIRST: You do NOT post entire articles. (a mod will warn you)

SECOND: Personal attacks are NOT permitted. (a mod will warn you)

THIRD: Rense.com is hardly a credible source for many people here at ATS

FOURTH: just what is "fraudulent" about a media owner using their media power to sway people's opinion? THEY ALL DO IT!!!!

edit:

And one more thing...If YOU are posting this on the internet this is hardly "secret news"!

[edit on 10/22/2004 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Shhh... Don't tell anyone but...

The Guardian is one of the most liberal papers in the UK. Most of the American writers are as good as registered Democrats. It leans left, thats what its stance is, so it doesnt surprise me at all.

Our daily subscription to the Guardian will continue, it's a great paper.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The Guardian is one of the most liberal papers in the UK. Most of the American writers are as good as registered Democrats. It leans left, thats what its stance is, so it doesnt surprise me at all.

Our daily subscription to the Guardian will continue, it's a great paper.

I agree totally.

Not many media organisations out there with as much integrity. George Monbiot is one of my favorite columnists.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Ok then...

So much for being nice to a newbie.

FIRST: You do NOT post entire articles. (a mod will warn you)

SECOND: Personal attacks are NOT permitted. (a mod will warn you)

THIRD: Rense.com is hardly a credible source for many people here at ATS

FOURTH: just what is "fraudulent" about a media owner using their media power to sway people's opinion? THEY ALL DO IT!!!!

edit:

And one more thing...If YOU are posting this on the internet this is hardly "secret news"!

This is very simple.
A pretence was made that the BRITISH were trying in their thousands to influence the Ohio Elections in favor of John Kerry.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Uh.

Brit's wrote those letters. I personally know people who had their letters sent.

You obviously have no idea about the British Journalistic process, for this to happen it would have passed the desks of an English lawyer, A Scottish solicitor and an American Attorney to check the legality it.

Its common misconception that a journalist writes and then is published. Doesn't happen that way, Journalists don't even write their own headlines. That is done by a sub.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This is very simple.

I heard you the first time.

So by your logic it would have been better if it WAS a British owner/manager trying to influence the election? The fact that it is an American Democrat is what makes this bad? An American trying to influence an election in America? You are making no sense.

ok ... one more chance to redeem yourself... explain how this is "political fraud".

edit: formatting

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Basically, it's the same thing that O'Reilly is doin by airing the anti Kerry documentary in the US right before the election. Something Bush supporters on this board don't seem to have a problem with. Well then, they shouldn't have a problem with this.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

This is very simple.

Wow. Your head must explode when you think about Rupert Murdoch, huh?

You know, the Australian more Americans go to for news than anyone else?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Wow. Your head must explode when you think about Rupert Murdoch, huh?

Help!

.......can't! ...stop! ...laughing!!!!!!!

top topics

join