It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower: Everyone in US under virtual surveillance, all info stored, no matter the post...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This was Published on Dec 2, 2012
RT (Russian Today) talks to William Binney, a whistleblower and former NSA crypto-mathematician who served in the agency for decades. Virtual privacy in US, Petraeus affair and whistleblowers' odds in fight against the authorities are among key topics of this exclusive interview.

Why are the new facilities being built you say? Well they need more data storage. They are just grabbing all the data and storing it. Everything you can imagine is being recorded. Every VOIP phone call, every text message, every post, every plain text e-mail is being recorded. They are basically recording the entire internet. By tapping off the fiber optic line they are storing everything that goes through every network. The government fails to understand that this is a blatant violation of our Constitutional right to privacy.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So they know how pissed the world actually is at our collective governments. I think they already know. The collection of ungodly amounts of info on the obvious fact will not change the fact, nor will it garner solutions. When they act on info obtained illegally it will in fact make the situation far worse. Civilization has reached it's peak and it is downhill from here on out. Humanity will not stand for slavery no matter what name/excuse they brand it with.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In that case, I will ask you to guess what I think about it. (Record that tptb).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Already a thread started about this interview with a video:
NSA Whistleblower: EVERYONE UNDER SURVEILLANCE

Very good video to watch with a few good links.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
The government fails to understand that this is a blatant violation of our Constitutional right to privacy.

Actually, in my opinion, it's not that they fail to understand that this is a blatant violation of our Constitutional right to privacy. It's quite the opposite. They are in full understanding this is a violation of our Constitutional rights and that is the reason the Patriot Act was enacted, to provide them with the 'legal' means to violate said rights. The Patriot Act grants them the legal platform to do this kind of thing...and I find it sickening to be honest.

Not to doubt RT as a legit source but I did some checking around and this has been floating around for a while now it seems. I found a short documentary done by a NY Times journalist that supports your interview. It is in the following link and has a short article to accompany it: NY Times Doc and Article by Laura Poitras

I found the above information from this Business Insider article done in August of 2012, which also has some interesting information in it. The article states:

The purpose of the program, according to Binney, is "to be able to monitor what people are doing" and who they are doing it with.

"The danger here is that we fall into a totalitarian state," Binney says. "This is something the KGB, the Stasi or the Gestapo would have loved to have had."

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yikes. It boggles the mind to think that they will have to keep building one data storage facility after another.

In simple terms, it appears to me that they are blackmailers, collecting every scrap of information for potential use against any future "enemies of the state".

NSA is as anti-American as it gets. I hope they read this and know that we see them for what they are: A tool for a fascist dictatorship and a disgrace to this country and everything it stands for. How can they be a security agency for the people and do this? Answer: THEY CAN'T.

I'll bet there are posters who read this thread and are afraid to respond, as it might make Big Brother angry. Don't be. There will come a time when y'all will wish that you stood in solidarity against this oppression and obvious, blatant violation of our constitutional rights. Put it out there, on the record....while you still can.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's not against the constution because they are not doing it. They built a Canadian company to do it to save on those pesky constitutional issues. It's OK for the crazy Cannuks to spy on US citizens and vice versa. I thought everybody knew that

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank You

-closed-

top topics

join