It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans' gun rights a sticky issue in defense bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Got to love sneaky legislation by Progressive Liberals.
So much for the most transparent Govt ever.

Vets are a target and enemy of Dems, and mostly the Fed Govt as a whole.

Not surprised.

This is wrong in so many ways.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
If they are schizophrenic or some other type of dangerous mental illness then no, they shouldn't have guns.

And that my friend should not be a decision for nameless bureaucracy to make. Last I heard we still had a Constitution that guaranteed 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments.

Remember that pesky thing called "presumption of innocence" or how about "due process"

That means if someone is to lose rights then they should have their day in court judged either by their peers or if they agree in front of a judge with proper legal counsel. That is the proper format and those accusing must be ready to prove their claims including medical professionals.

Anything else and we're going down the road that Stalinst Russia used to institutionalize, minimize or discredit its political opposition.

My personal opinion is there are certain political classes in the US that are downright afraid of anyone who knows how to fight and wield weapons and are painting those that do as boogymen. There is ample evidence of this fear with Gun Running by the government, lots of questions on latest mass shootings being false flags operations pointing towards a concerted attack on second amendment in general from every angle that can be had - none of it direct, most in the progressive format of "piece at a time" which is the true danger to this countries longevity and stability - those people should be adjucated as dangerous to society and watched every moment.

I trust the vets one hell of a lot more, especially Oathkeepers, than my current government thats for sure.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The party that thinks felons should have the right to vote, now believe that men and women who fought for our country should lose a right.

Just fracking brilliant!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The party that thinks felons should have the right to vote, now believe that men and women who fought for our country should lose a right.

Just fracking brilliant!

Only if the felons dont display mental incompetence with regards to their finances of course

It does seem quite ironic.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by beezzer

Just fracking brilliant!

Only if the felons dont display mental incompetence with regards to their finances of course

It does seem quite ironic.

I've bounced a check or two in my past.

Guess I'm screwed.

Just wondering when this will trickle down to people delinquent on student loans.

Home mortgages.

Credit card bills.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Guess I'm screwed.

Just wondering when this will trickle down to people delinquent on student loans.

Home mortgages.

Credit card bills.

More concerning still, as i alluded to before, is if their definition of mental incompetence expands to include more and more areas.

I foresee something like protesters being labeled as socially incompetent and told they too have had their freedoms limited.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Guess I'm screwed.

Home mortgages.

Credit card bills.

More concerning still, as i alluded to before, is if their definition of mental incompetence expands to include more and more areas.

I foresee something like protesters being labeled as socially incompetent and told they too have had their freedoms limited.

Well of course you'll be deemed mentally incompetent if you VOTE for the opposition!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well of course you'll be deemed mentally incompetent if you VOTE for the opposition!

Or if you support the protection of rights and freedoms?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Or if you support the protection of rights and freedoms?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join