It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we more aware of alternate dimensions than we think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is a simple idea really, not much to it but I think it is an interesting thought. So yesterday I closed my eyes and I decided to try and visualize as many images in my head at once, it is amazing how many images I could flow through my head, all totally different and very realistic in the minds eye. I suspect this is something we can all do?

This got me thinking, what if our imagination is more than just a reaction to our memories and the environment around us? Could the source of our imagination be direct links to alternate dimensions? If there are an unlimited number of dimensions, many very similar to what we are experiencing now then instances such as Deja Vu could be explained by a direct memory from another dimension which happens to be near to the dimension we are experiencing now. I do think our brain is probably capable of generating a load of random images at once, even modern day computers can do a half decent job using algorithms. I just think if this idea were true then it could explain lots of the weird things people seem to experience such as psychic thoughts, ghosts, UFO's and all the rest of that stuff. Imagine if all those dreams, random ideas, thoughts, patterns and visions were part of a reality beyond our own.

As someone who likes to induce OOBE I like to think of the brain as a radio that picks up stations so I do not see why this idea would be to far fetched.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
As your understanding of unity increases, so does ur ability to perceive higher dimensions

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

have you thought about things like dejavu or oobe are initiated by non-human beings ?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
im aware

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wolvesboy666

from personal experiences ?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

have you thought about things like dejavu or oobe are initiated by non-human beings ?

I am not to sure what you are getting at but I think animals could also experience the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

i believe, humans are other-directed by a power (force). this power is not human and decides human fates. all the phenomena have this source from another dimension, realm, subatomic level etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
IMO, most of our internal "idea maps", and our general mind-space, are two dimensional. this is because most of human interactivity is two dimensional ....driving, for instance.

one should always be careful to think of dimensions as "degrees of freedom", not always spatial, so as to not get into some unsupportable kooky hypothesis.

my favorite artist, Paul laffoley, has done a fascinating layout on this topic.

dimensionality, image

dimensionality, text

you should check out his other stuff, too.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one not able to thoroughly visualize intricacies within my mind, and when I do try I feel as if I'm trying too hard. Thoughts? Is it possible for someone to lack the skill of visualization? It would explain why I do so poorly in Geometry.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can agree, it is all stimulus. It is a perception creation and emotional body based on nuerological receptors, all working into one execution of consciousness. I say magical because there is a part in creation that confused physics when discovered - that it is moving. The question is how do we not make it an accumulation of all our past experiences but increase the mysterious power of belief into the unknown subconscious.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

It is not only possible but incredibly uncommon so I wouldn't worry about not being able to do it. Very very few people have the power to create the pictures in their mind as you are mentioning, but it is a start to learning mentalism. I am a believer in mentalism and a believer in the pictures, but as I said it is very uncommon and I don't know anyway to advance in the gift.
edit on 3-12-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join