It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So do I take a left or a right at dream paralysis?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

There might be, who knows.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been suggested or not.

Try mirror gazing before you lie down. Stare at your own eyes in the mirror for as long as you can without blinking.

This may help to get you into a more favorable state of mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT

This most recent attempt was met with the sensation of a hand clamping down on my throat and a rhythmic pulsing in the paralysis that seemed to emanate from my neck. The pulsing had a noise that went with it that i don't know how to describe. So i told my wife to wake me up. (Sometimes I get stuck or lost)

Ummmm That was YOU trying to speak and ask your wife to wake you up.

Nope. I have no problem speaking to my wife in my sleep. I can ask her to wake me up with no problems what soever. I was thinking about why my neck. Perhaps some sort of chakra system misfire? I do have a thyroid disorder.
edit on 4-12-2012 by WHYFIGHT because: sleepy head dumb dumb forgot to write something.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

It has not. I will give it a try, thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT
I have been actively pursuing an out of body experience. I can maintain consciousness all the way into dream paralysis. I can relax into and out of dream paralysis. I can make conscious decisions all throughout the process. I can recognize that the representation of the room that i see is not the actual room I am in and make it go away...or maybe it goes away on its own. I can even issue commands from my sleeping body for my wife to wake me up when things get wierd (lol).

This most recent attempt was met with the sensation of a hand clamping down on my throat and a rhythmic pulsing in the paralysis that seemed to emanate from my neck. The pulsing had a noise that went with it that i don't know how to describe. So i told my wife to wake me up. (Sometimes I get stuck or lost)

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated even derogatory comments can lead to inspiration. In my heart I am an explorer and this is the only frontier that is accessible to me, not to mention it is exceedingly cool.

at the point of total body paralysis.. u must initiate 'the will'.with focussed thought! u have a little more relaxing to go tho as u must relax the throat itself as well. the voicebox will start to pump backward and forward involuntarily however smoothly and painless. it does this as the vocal chakra gets going to parse more energy to the solar plexus. so be mindful of if u are in any way tensing your throat and resisting 'the flow''. which is the equivalent of subconsciously locking it in position with thought/will.

at full paralysis you should feel a field encompassing your entire body. or at least like if you have some sort of suit on. in reality it is ur energetic body that is awakened and what u are feeling is the body over it. with thorough relaxation using only thought to will yourself towards greater relaxation and levitate. it will feel very weird if u r successful the first time. but ur energetic self sort of seaves through the flesh (fits thru the spaces). and lifts out of body. the force feels like magnetism as its means of propulsion. and carries with it an electromagnetic sound that you can hear in ur head like in ur inner ear before u completely exit the body into an independent state.

Next - Full paralysis WILL disable you. in that you will not be able to get up until u give the solar plexus some time to warm back down. attempting to situp if u were lying or even sitting down will be met with a muscle-type pain on ur solar plexus and of course u wont move very far. if u feel this dont panick.. it's a natural after effect of outer body when ur developing. all the chakras hurt. especially the less developed ones. but the pain is gone without a trace once uve fully re-entered the body.

Good Luck!
edit on 5-12-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I love hearing from people that have had almost identical experiences to mine. About last year I started to have sleep paralysis, and I was by no means asking for it. Very scary at first! But I"m so glad it happened... My episodes of involuntary astral projection were what introduced me to the wonderful world of the occult. From what I have gathered, that whining sound in your head is your pineal gland going nuclear. You are in the dream state, but conscious, thus in control of your own personal star gate. Practice makes perfect, and just as with anything else, simply go where the experience takes you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

I would keep well away from playing with sleep paralysis, I had many occurences of sleep paralysis when I was in my 20's. I got to the point I was afraid to sleep at night without a light on. I then found my self falling asleep in the afternoon after coming home from work and would find myself being held down by a negative force.
I sought help from a Psychologist who suggested a meditation technique where I would relax every part of my body sequentially prior to sleep, this worked for awhile until it began again.
It got to the point where my sister ( who didn't believe me) asked for it to come to her instead of me, so I could get a good night's sleep.
I slept like a baby however she experienced the same thing as me, a weight on her chest and something malevolent with rank breath.
This is not a game, I began to combat this creature by telling it it did not belong in my reality and that it had no place in my reality, I also prayed for God's help, yet I am not a Christian.
It seems the combination of the two seems to work, although I get the odd occurrence now and then.
Something also weird, I hear a strange sound in my left ear prior, like a horn but different. The word that always springs to mind is clarion, anyway you shouldn't play with sleep paralysis, it is nasty and not a game.

How are u so sure it was a negative force? did u have ur charge-o-meter running or something? do they have it on android apps? LOL

at the instance of a glance with the unknown without an open mind, fear is introduced and u aiming to close ur eyes and discard it.. give away the gift that mankind has been searching for all the ages because u want to live a 'normal' life.
how exceedingly lame LOL

the unknown has always been so fascinating to me. ive looked forward to my first hallucination, or to hear voices in my head from out of nowhere. to me that would be absolutely cool as something to investigate within myself. unfortunately have been unsuccessful with coming across either.. a bit of a bummer. itd be so cool to see someone standing in the room that noone else can see.. or an elephant perhaps LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I have found sleep paralysis to be a great way to induce lucid dreaming. It most often happens when laying on my back.

The only way I have broke free to the other side was by just "letting go" into a loving vibration, removing all fear.

It actually got kinda boring controlling things for me, so I do not really mess around with it as much. It did lead to

quite a few epiphanies.

edit on 6-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

I think it's funny that it got boring for you!

I've had hypnagogic episodes off and on for almost 20 years now, in the last 2 I've decided not to freak out about them anymore and see where they go. I've always held my breath until I wake up...the only thing is I'm not getting them anymore! I too noticed I would get them while lying on my back, I also noticed when I would snap myself out of it my head would throb majorly.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you had any tips for making it happen (cuz it sounds like you got real good at it!). I've been trying to stay awake until I start dozing off, which worked a couple times, but not reliably.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeawesome

Sleep deprivation will sometimes trigger it. A large quantity of sweets before bed sometimes. Mostly you just need to become aware of when you are dreaming. Sometimes if you wake yourself up multiple times (set an alarm if you need to) and go back to sleep that will do it. Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

I think it's funny that it got boring for you!

Boring may not have been the best word to use.. Almost all my dreams I am aware that "I" am dreaming.. but only on a few occasions have I had total control of the dream Even "total control" would be better described as a sandbox style environment.

Twice by "letting go" in the paralysis "stage" is when I became fully lucid. This is where I had an epiphany that still helps me hold it together at times.

The paralysis is not pleasant at all (IMO) so I try to avoid it by sleeping on my side. I no longer seek to have lucid dreams where I gain control of them. Other dreams where I am aware that I am dreaming, but lack control are way more fun.

Also I learn more,

I made a thread awhile back on tips for remembering dreams and having lucid ones, I'll send a link in a U2U

edit on 11-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I can usually remember a dream every night, and I used to keep a dream journal--but, my entries started turning into full page stories and the time involved for writing out everything I could remember became too great.

I have reached various levels of lucidity but it's always random, I've even had dreams where I realize that what I'm witnessing couldn't possibly be real, but not realized I'm dreaming until I wake up.

Not too long ago I was making myself go into a hypnagogic state over several days (thro sleep dep.) but it wasn't enough to get comfortable with it, also I realized that my "consciousness" wasn't as fully conscious as I had planned. I realized this because I kept pulling myself out of the state, even though I have been thinking about and planning on staying in it for quite some time now. Like--I immediately realized upon breaking out that it is not what I had wanted to do! If that makes any sense. lol

But I havn't been able to recreate this by doing the same things since then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join