It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Thread Is Type O Negative All The Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I started listening to this band when I was 17, as shown to me by an old close friend. They were definitely not your average band - no other band I heard then, or since, sounds anything even remotely close to them. They always had a way of cheering me up, or helped to deal with sadness or grief; they will always be remembered by me and cherished by me for the songs that they wrote. They spoke to me. Their lead singer, Peter Steele (born Peter Thomas Ratajycyk), passed away on April 14, 2010 at the age of 48. The band subsequently has died with him, as he was the very heart and soul of this band; an under-rated genius - whose creativity was unparalleled in the rock and roll world.

R.I.P. Peter Steele.
January 4, 1962 - April 14, 2010.

Long live Type O Negative.

One of my absolute favorite, well written songs by Type O Negative.

********** This is NOT a thread for anyone who does not appreciate the music of Type O Negative. If you do not like them, leave your comments to yourself.**********

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I was so so so so lucky to be at one of their last concerts before he passed,
it was an awesome awesome show at pops in St Louis, got autographs and
had a blast, heard all of the classics and they were playing mainly off their
life is killing me album, they tore it up!

I have been a huge fan since i was a teen, these guys were always unique
in their style and its hard not to love that melodic metal mixed with heavy
head banging goodness! RIP to a great artist.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Saw 'em sometime right about the millennium, in a small club in Atlanta called the Tabernacle. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I love Type O Negative

Yep

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a great tribute song by a good friend of mine:

enjoy !

AG

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Dude's voice rocked! And he had a pretty mean persona as well. Loved this band, and was really saddened by his early passing. Favorites include "Christian Woman" as posted above....just love the progression of that song. Also love:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They are new to me, but I like them. Better late than never, huh?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just so ya know Rube....

For like the last 30 hours I have, nearly non stopped, been sitting here catching myself singing the words "...hopelessly stained... over and over and over again. Your voodoo got a 20 year old song into my head and somehow hacked my psychological "replay" switch.

You're the guy who makes Manchurian candidates... aren't you???

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Woohoo! Awesome thread. *Love* Type O Negative, Black No. 1 plays whenever I enter a room. I have some very intense memories associated with Bloody Kisses. Ahh, I miss the 90s!

I shall visit this thread often.

RIP Peter

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Black No. 1 is actually one of my favorite songs to dance to. Nice thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just so ya know Rube....

For like the last 30 hours I have, nearly non stopped, been sitting here catching myself singing the words "...hopelessly stained... over and over and over again. Your voodoo got a 20 year old song into my head and somehow hacked my psychological "replay" switch.

You're the guy who makes Manchurian candidates... aren't you???

~Heff

Yes, I am... all here WILL sway to the sounds of Type O Negative...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Welcome to the club D-A.

They do some great covers too!

edit on 4-12-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don’t often post on ATS, but I must say Type O Negative is by far my favorite band of all time.

Always has been; always will be.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Welcome to the club D-A.

I've grown to like them literally in the last two months. It's a shame, just when I was introduced to this band I find out he died two years ago. Awwww!!! Those were great remakes, 'Cinnamon Girl' I listened to two weeks ago, I think it's better than the original, imho.

Thanks you guys for introducing me to this terrific band.

edit on 5-12-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Another great song from the Drab Four. Was sitting thinking about my ex today and this song came to mind. A great tune indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Glad I found this thread. Type O has always been my fave band. Nothing compares to their unique sound. When I was a teen I seen them live every chance I got. Got some really good pics of them. I'm deeply saddened by peter steeles death. Shortly after he passed I got the type o symbol tattooed on my hip. I'm sad I'll never get to see them again but def grateful for all the memories I have of their shows. Their music helped me through alot in my life and Pete was one of a kind!

Edit: was trying to post the you tube vid for my girlfriends girlfriend but couldn't figure out how to do it.

edit on 2-2-2013 by miss_sky because: add

edit again.....one more thing I forgot to add.....he's the sexiest man ever!

edit on 2-2-2013 by miss_sky because: add

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Great post and great band. I'm lucky as I was at both of the Philly Halloween toilet paper shows. You can see what they were like if you watch the After Dark video.. Got to see them in NYC also so its always fun to see a band in their own town.

September Sun is still on my daily playlist.. I listen to both October Rust and WCD a lot.
For me I put them right below my top 3 favorite bands ...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Great Band.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Thank you

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics