It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal "WTF?!" moment. White flashes coming from the trees!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Who stays in a lake house with a friend and doesn't bring a few firearms or flashlights? Haven't you seen every scary movie ever made? In Texas no less...

All kidding aside. You could have closed one eye, then when flashed, switched eyes and looked right where it came from. Or maybe sent your friend to the other side of the house and both came at the light with flashlights from different directions. Hindsight is 20/20 so I can sit here and armchair quarterback it all day. It would have been nice to figure out what it was though.

If it was with my family in the house I would have been going at it with a big flashlight and large weapon, but I like scary movies and adrenaline, sometimes.

Remember, fear is the mindkiller...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

True. BUT... the house was not lit at all, we had just laid down for sleep 20(?) minutes prior. Now with night vision goggles, they could see us.... mayyyyyybe x-ray goggles. (anyone know of "x-ray goggle" technology? Besides the obvious x-ray machines at the doctor office.)

Infrared cameras and FLIR systems aren't that expensive if you're rich. Can see through walls:

Google shopping

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isee1111
Who stays in a lake house with a friend and doesn't bring a few firearms or flashlights? Haven't you seen every scary movie ever made? In Texas no less...

All kidding aside. You could have closed one eye, then when flashed, switched eyes and looked right where it came from. Or maybe sent your friend to the other side of the house and both came at the light with flashlights from different directions.

If it was with my family in the house I would have been going at it with a big flashlight and large weapon, but I like scary movies and adrenaline, sometimes.

You're right. And now that I think about it, I remember why we didn't do anything but scream and hide. Is because we knew whatever it was, had us surrounded, and knew where we were at all times, it seemed. We thought we were being sneaky when we headed downstairs. Ha.....ha............hahahahaaha........FLASH! It's like they were amused by our intense fright.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least. Some background info on you would be a help. Your story sounds familiar to this story

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Are you in any kind of military/government/ scientific organization and is your friend.

If yes to either, are you new recruits?

Did anyone you know of know that you were staying at the cabin. Locals friends co workers?

Do you know anything of the locals /neighbors in area? Hunters/scientist/naturists ect ect?

Honestly to me it sounds either like a practical joke or hunters/naturists. In any event id say they are sensor cameras. Only way something could go off at your specific locations, is

1 someone physically holding some flash device and following you through trees and then back down to a lower level (doubtful)

2 someone set up like 50 motion sensor cameras in your area either as a joke or legitimate reasons hunting/nature photos.

The description of it starting far away and then getting close then moving around the house. Sounds like an animal started from afar and set off cameras along the way. Maybe a neighbor trying to catch an animal stealing food/destroying property, or even a person thief? why they would have them pointed at anyones house is beyond me unless was previous owners, or a joke or bad placement.

Most of the cameras are pretty small and plenty come in camouflage colors to hide them. Plus they can be expensive so Im sure if some one popped 2 grand to hang all these cameras Im sure they wedged them in real good and hid them really well.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm surrounded by woods-- that would have def spooked my sorry butt...
I've watched flashes from the sky, never from the trees?

We lived down south in Arkansas, don't get me started on how freaky that was--
sky-'wise!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

a friend of mine recorded this and i not sure if its the same
type of thing you have seen but who knows ?

anyway here you go

just give it a watch there are two white flashes
and its recorded with a recon 550r series2 night vision camera

EDIT to add time and date stamp move because its been stabilized when i loaded it up on youtube
edit on 5/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

by the way about 5 or 6 years ago the father in law and i used to see blue flashes at night for quite a while
at first i saw them on my own and then he was having a smoke in the backyard and i saw one flash
i asked him if he saw it he said saw what and then as we both looked up we saw another blue flash

on a side note i have not seen them for a good few years now
edit on 5/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

You say they were like camera flashes....maybe that's exactly what they were? Some bunch of idiots out there screwing with you? It would have had to be set up a little in advance (some across the water, a few in trees, one behind the car, one in the yard outside the glass doors), but it's possible. Any familiarity with whatever people might be across the lake from where you were? Did you happen to call the police? Some jokers running around with bright lights, scaring people; would think they'd show up. Heck, in Texas, they surely would, because a lot of places someone might try that prank, they could end up shot!

The timing, happening only when you were looking, suggests people. Of course, at this point, it's probably too late to find out, unless you happened to overhear someone joking about that great prank they played way back when.

Alright, editing to add a possible chain of events.

You have a group across the lake, that's really bored. They see you and your friend at the lake house, and think, "Let's prank these guys!" They send one guy around the lake, to climb the tree with a camera. He's got a walkie talkie, or heck, a cell phone, and keeps the others posted on your location. The rest then snap off a few pics for the flash, and pile into the boat, thus bringing the flashes ever closer to you. Hence, the impression you had that they moved, and were brighter, would in fact be correct. Once the boat is close enough that you might see it, they stop flashing, and the guy in the tree starts, to distract you from the shore, and the arriving boat. After a few flashes from the tree (or even trees - more than one could have climbed earlier), they see you run downstairs, and someone else, waiting in case you and your friend come out to investigate, flashes again as you hit the downstairs. Another hides behind the car, flashing as you peek out the window. After you stop looking, they wait a little, then get back into the boat, head back across the lake, and have a laugh.

Anything there that doesn't sound possible, given what you saw?
edit on 5-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Just thought I'd point out that the strange appearance of the "plasma entity" video you linked to is nothing but a common camera artifact caused by zooming into a distant point of light. I did a thread on a similar example here

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
Interesting to say the least. Some background info on you would be a help. Your story sounds familiar to this story

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Are you in any kind of military/government/ scientific organization and is your friend.

If yes to either, are you new recruits?

Did anyone you know of know that you were staying at the cabin. Locals friends co workers?

Do you know anything of the locals /neighbors in area? Hunters/scientist/naturists ect ect?

Honestly to me it sounds either like a practical joke or hunters/naturists. In any event id say they are sensor cameras. Only way something could go off at your specific locations, is

1 someone physically holding some flash device and following you through trees and then back down to a lower level (doubtful)

2 someone set up like 50 motion sensor cameras in your area either as a joke or legitimate reasons hunting/nature photos.

The description of it starting far away and then getting close then moving around the house. Sounds like an animal started from afar and set off cameras along the way. Maybe a neighbor trying to catch an animal stealing food/destroying property, or even a person thief? why they would have them pointed at anyones house is beyond me unless was previous owners, or a joke or bad placement.

Most of the cameras are pretty small and plenty come in camouflage colors to hide them. Plus they can be expensive so Im sure if some one popped 2 grand to hang all these cameras Im sure they wedged them in real good and hid them really well.

First, the story in that link was interesting to say the least. Though I don't think we witnessed the same thing. Eerily similar.

I don't know if I have anymore significant info on my background for you. But i'll try to answer all of your questions. Oh, we were 12(?) years old.

No military.

Sure, friends, family and neighbors knew we were there. The lake house was about 2 hours away from our hometown. We weren't familiar with any locals.

Personally, I've ruled out sensors. Unless someone was holding them.

If it's pranksters, they had recon training.

reply to post by maryhinge

I can't see enough on that video to determine anything. It looked like he was looking in the stars at first, then I see his shadow, wtf lol? I did see the flashes, but not their origin.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Mugen

Nope, seems possible to me. Given all the factors, if they were just a group of bored people, then that particular group of people has had recon training. And if they got recon training, it seems more likely they're searching for something, rather than just being bored.

For the future, i'd like everyone to know any posts made talking about, "it's just your imagination", will be ignored, by me at least ha.
edit on 12-5-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Mugen

Nope, seems possible to me. Given all the factors, if they were just a group of bored people, then that particular group of people has had recon training. And if they got recon training, it seems more likely they're searching for something, rather than just being bored.

edit on 12-5-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

Well, certainly possible. I knew people in high school that could handle something like that. JROTC crowd, and some were pretty serious about all the military stuff. So kids like that are possible. Anyone with military or police training, also possible, or heck, these days, some militia group or other, though that seems less likely. In any case, at least no one was hurt. No matter who it is, still thinking "prank" on their part, though. Any legitimate operation would have moved in. Or, they would have known that wasn't the right place before taking things that far. Or, maybe they were looking for someone in particular. If so, far more interesting story hiding there! Not law enforcement, so who? You were right o be nervous about it, though; with so many people (multiple lights), there could have been real danger.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

12 years old and you have your own cabin? damn you are good!!

no one else was on this trip? where were the parents. if you say sleeping, did you check to see them sleeping. if they were there, did you ask if they saw anything. did they ask you guys anything out of the blue the next day? since the exclusion of parents or adults from this story, i think we found your ghost lights = family members playing practical joke /cabin ghost story type stuff lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Mugen

12 years old and you have your own cabin? damn you are good!!

no one else was on this trip? where were the parents. if you say sleeping, did you check to see them sleeping. if they were there, did you ask if they saw anything. did they ask you guys anything out of the blue the next day? since the exclusion of parents or adults from this story, i think we found your ghost lights = family members playing practical joke /cabin ghost story type stuff lol.

Who said anything about me owning a lake house at 12 years old?

His mom was staying with us asleep, downstairs. I'm growing tired of the 'prank theory'. Hopefully, one of these days, someone who has experienced the same thing will say somethin. Believe me, I've researched it and found similar stories, but not quite like mine.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Lol, grinds my gears. Anyways that's freaky, could be the. Military testing some new device?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ufohunter16

Yes. Or some agency/ organization looking for new talent, ha.

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Yes this happens to me all the time too, stupid flashes-you never know when they are gonna scare the sh** out of you.

Yes, thanks for freaking me out-what a messed up story-sounds like a good movie either freak papparazzi, ufo, or slenderman.

Slenderman is a good way to visualize how this whole thing went down.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've had this a couple of times. Early evening the summer before last I was looking out of my rear window, just having a smoke when in the bushes about 30ft to the left of my house a very bright flash popped. Exactly like a camera flash does, very bright from a small point up to filling my vision. I sort of looked and said to myself "yeah OK! hmm" pretty strange as I couldn't imagine anyone being in this spot in those bushes but I just laughed it off. It was just the one flash but very intense and seemed to fill my whole vision. Anyway I told the wife and we laughed I must have been papped by an admirer.

Jump forward to what could well be exactly a year later but much later in the evening I tell the wife who's watching TV that I feel like a smoke in the back yard so head out. It's pitch dark and to my dissmay raining buckets, I open the patio doors before I go back to the wife to catch a breath of fresh air and as soon as I pop my head out bam this bright intense flash from a point to vision filling happens again. "What the!" I think staring out. So I head to were the flash originated from, which this time is no more the ten foot away and nothing not a sausage. No way was someone waiting there at that exact time I unexpectedly pop my head out close to midnight in the pouring rain. It may have been raining but it was no lightening flash, at least no flash that I have ever witnessed. This was from a specific point not 7ft off the ground.

Now I don't have any vision problems or health troubles but I can't rule out something along those lines but this has never happened before and only at the rear of my home both pretty close to each other.

Pretty weird.
edit on 8-12-2012 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
I'm hoping to get any feed back on this subject. This happened around 2005, and I still cannot explain what I saw.

I'm thinking it's some sort of special teams SWAT or something because of the precise timing.

So midnight, at a lakehouse, in Texas if that matters? My buddy and I see random flashes coming from across the lake, we figure its someone taking pictures. (they look like camera flashes)

Minutes go by and the flashes get closer and closer and we cannot tell who, what, where, how.

5 minutes pass and a flash comes from the top of a tree. (tree is approx. 40 feet high. We are on the second floor. Wide open windows. We hide. We peek out, and FLASH! from the same spot.

This happens a few more times over 10 minutes or so.

We are freaked out. We start walking downstairs. The stairs bottom out into a room with a sliding glass door. As soon as we both stepped down from the stairs, FLASH! from something on the ground. We run into a room with blinds on all the windows.

We wait 10 minutes before we do anything because at this time, we are more scared than we've ever been. I pull down a blade on the blinds and peek out, and FLASH! came from something behind the car.

We did not look again, and did not find any evidence of anything in the morning.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Like I said, any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I have no idea what it could be.

Glad i caught this, anyway alot a times at night i walk around a track near my house for exercise and such and five times between 2006 and 2011 i saw the same kind of lights you described but only one time each night that i saw them between those five years and from different directions... also the first one i saw down towards the end of the street and then three separate times towards the right of me near apartments and then the last time in 2011 near the woods all visible from the track, they made no noise just a big flash of light that looked like a expolsion but no noise....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ahh # guys, look at the last 3 posts; '12:22' '10:10' '11:11'. You moth#ers LOL

reply to post by macdad1

Yes. That's it. Although, I have to say, since it was raining in your second story, possibly lightning. But I had the same thoughts, "i can't imagine why these flashes are coming from where they are."

reply to post by King Seesar

Yeah, creepy.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

"Who said anything about me owning a lake house at 12 years old? "

i guess sarcasm eludes you. ^^ every dectective needs the whole story to get a good picture. two young kids in a cabin by themselves, seemed odd. also seems like the perfect setup for parent to take off for an hour go get tipsy and come back and "scare" the crap out of some boys. ^^

well either way i dont believe in fairys or ghosts, so my bet is joke on you. ^^

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hello, I am currently writing an article on these weird lights or shimmering everyone has seen. I'd love to be able to ask a few questions. I can be reached on facebook messenger through @bigfootmountain or [email protected] it can absolutely be anonymous if you'd prefer.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Most likely game cams. Hunters put them up all over the woods to keep track of the movement of deer and other wildlife. I have no experience with them, so I'm not sure if they flash when a picture is taken or if they use IR light to illuminate for the picture. But if some types flash, it could be you were seeing the game cams snapping pictures of an animal as it moved through the woods.

Now, with that said ...

Were the cameras taking pictures of deer or ... the Texas Bigfoot???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join