It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible proof of life on Mars downplayed 2 minutes ago!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Im am here in Chicago watching Channel 7 (ABC) News, and the last segment was "something on Mars" They said NASA would tell us more tomorrow, but the picture they showed looked like 2 foot prints. And what was stranger to me was the fact that they looked just liked the foot prints did that were left on the moon! I have been looking now for 20 minutes and cannot find A SINGLE VIDEO on abclocal.go.com... .

If you find something or are from the Chicagoland area and you saw this segment, let me know what you think

Thanks
Gorgon

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Most probably the scoop holes that you are seeing, rather than foot prints.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Maybe, I hope not though, NASA will adress it tomorrow though. So we shall see.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They started talking on Tumbler I think 2 or 3 days ago that " Nasa found something on Mars and were waiting for it to be confirmed and then they would share it with the world. My daughter keeps me up to date on things she hears like that. I have been asking her if she had heard anything more and she said they are all still waiting.. I can't wait to see or hear what they have found..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im very interested in this. I hope its something big, but past experiences tell me not to hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I could swear I seen on ATS, that there is Ice on the polar caps of Mars. I hope it is something amazing. As we all know, they have found life in frozen lakes. and also by hydro-thermal vents in the ocean. Anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I could swear I seen on ATS, that there is Ice on the polar caps of Mars. I hope it is something amazing. As we all know, they have found life in frozen lakes. and also by hydro-thermal vents in the ocean. Anything is possible.

Shh, ATS is usually WRONG.

But hey, it's actually not a secret, there is ICE on mars. The dilemma is 'Liquid Water'.. Ice caps on mars.

man if people are replacing education with fact finding on ATS. I just throw my hands up now...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Was it this?

Mars Rover Footprint

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

But hey, it's actually not a secret, there is ICE on mars. The dilemma is 'Liquid Water'.. Ice caps on mars.

man if people are replacing education with fact finding on ATS. I just throw my hands up now...

Wino, yes I come here instead of watching the news. I also realize that most of the stuff on this site is bs. Quite entertaining, but BS. I only said that because I didn't see any threads in the recent posts, about Liquid water on Mars. And, I can hardly tell you what day it is, let alone to try to remember a post I seen. I work nights, and my internal clock threw a spring I think....Oh well....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sostratus

Sorts of the video they showed was from another angle, facing more to the left hand side,

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A. NASA's like a bunch of over-enthusiastic kids. They jump to an optimistic conclusion every time they think they've found something, and then have to backtrack with an "Oh, never mind." Look it up.

B. Footprints. I can tell you without fear of (reasoned) contradiction from anywhere that if they found footprints on Mars, you and I and the public at large would be the very last to hear about it. It's possible that ABC flashed footprints (or simply did it in a way that "insinuated" that it might be footprints). But until a man walks on Mars, we will never see footprints from NASA; I don't care if the entire damn surface of Mars was swarming with humanoid life....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This came in two hours ago. It is mind numbing!!! From NBC news!!

"NASA will discuss the latest Red Planet activities of its Mars rover Curiosity on Monday, but space geeks shouldn't get their hopes up for a bombshell announcement.

Despite rampant rumors to the contrary, Monday's press conference — held at noon ET during the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco — won't present any earth-shaking results that would force humanity to rethink its place in the universe, NASA officials said."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

That makes most sense, Sorry if I wasted anyones time. I new at posting threads.
Thanks for understanding. What I dont understand is why would they build up to it just to have it be "scoop marks" or "tire treads" Wouldnt NASA be able to tell thats what they are, if indeed thats what they are?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

No problem. Just watch the TV show "The big Bang Theory", they get excited when they take a poop. These NASA nerds were most likely bullied all their lives ..and now its pay-back time!! They like to jerk us dumb asses around

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgon8819
reply to post by Ex_CT2

That makes most sense, Sorry if I wasted anyones time. I new at posting threads.
Thanks for understanding. What I dont understand is why would they build up to it just to have it be "scoop marks" or "tire treads" Wouldnt NASA be able to tell thats what they are, if indeed thats what they are?

What ABC showed was probably just some "stock footage" they had lying around. Likely they were just having a little fun implying that it might be some big announcement of "Life on MARS!!!!"--but it was just a teaser. Teasers are always a lot more sensational than the true story.

NASA themselves are in an urgent struggle to justify their existence and seem relevant. How many times have they promised some big announcement days and days and days before the big announcement itself, only to end up with egg on their faces? They were either mistaken, or it turns out to be some routine mundane thing that doesn't mean a damn to the average person.

For instance, how big a story is water on Mars--ice or liquid? Everybody who did NOT already understand that when they were 9 years old (and I was 9 in 1959!), raise your hands. And yet NASA's confirmation of it was such a production that everybody acts like they're still shocked and surprised by it.

Sorry if it seemed like I was being judgmental. I didn't mean to come off that way. I just wouldn't take anything they say--either ABC or NASA--very seriously....

edit on 12/2/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is no life on Mars. Period. If there were, they would've knocked on our door long ago

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Wino, yes I come here instead of watching the news. I also realize that most of the stuff on this site is bs. Quite entertaining, but BS. I only said that because I didn't see any threads in the recent posts, about Liquid water on Mars. And, I can hardly tell you what day it is, let alone to try to remember a post I seen. I work nights, and my internal clock threw a spring I think....Oh well....

I would keep your "BS" insult to yourself. Some posters , sure, put out a lot of "BS", and I would say that what you just said falls into that category itself. ATS, while not a perfect information source, scoops more of what is going on in this world than probably any other online venue.

The info gets to the people, and the people get to sort it out. To be an ATS member is to be someone that can read between the lines and make their own opinions, but the fact that they got that information in the first place, is the most important aspect of ATS. IMHO.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgon8819

If you find something or are from the Chicagoland area and you saw this segment, let me know what you think

Thanks

I'm in the Chicago area and saw the broadcast. I typically turn it off after the weather, but did want to see the segment they announced. It was pretty much as expected, an announcement of some sort tomorrow, nothing 'earth shattering' and mention that NASA was downplaying the earlier comment regarding 'historical' as well.

All I saw in the file footage run was a couple tread marks, same photo shown twice during the minute and a half or so segment - certainly nothing resembling a human footprint.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well said. I would give you a star but I'm on my mobile so here, have this instead *

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You are thinking of the other recently announced finding of water on ...Mercury? I think it was?
No, ATS wasn't "wrong" on that- you just got mixed up in memory about which planet it was (which I may have just done too... off to look up which one it was...)

editted:
Yes it was Mercury
planetsave.com...
www.usnews.com...

edit on 3-12-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join