It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Plans New Spy Network As Big As CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Found this little tidbit on Yahoo, thought it might be of interest....

The Pentagon has announced plans to assemble an espionage network large enough to rival the CIA in size, according to reports.

It goes on to say....

It would also see the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) overhauled, away from a primary focus on activities related to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I bet it would !

Now they are saying the shift is to other countries such as North Korea with regards to their weapon programme, but have to wonder to yourself....What else will they be concerntrating those resources on ?

Particulary in light of all the social unrest in the world, exacerbated by access to the internet, could this be the birth of some sinister elite taskforce to whisk you away based upon your internet habits/participation ?

Yeah, I'm probably barking (up the wrong tree), just a random ill thought out idea, but more seriously, what do you guys think the implications of this article could be ?

Full article here

Note to mods: If in the wrong forum please move, if already posted, apologies, I did use search....Honest !

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Seems like I read a thread on here a couple days ago about the POTUS issuing a statement that implied there were people plotting within the FG to "decapitate" the American Government. (I'll see if I can find it...) On a side note this is what I think provoked this the Patraeus incident demonstrated that the ABC are spying on our military personnel, seems the appropriate response would be to say ok our turn to spy on you..... We have seen the power that the CIA has wielded in the past through building profiles on high ranking officials. Basically they will be spying on each other counter intel on counter intel...lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
it was posted earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-12-2012 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I agree the pertaeus incident certainly wasn't what was reported....Perhaps this was the real reason....being at odds with those higher ?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Thanks....I checked new fire hose, and search....and nothing, oh well

Mods please feel free to close.
edit on 2-12-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Doesn't really make sense to me. If the NSA can do whatever they want, then why do you need another outfit. If any of this is true then it is a cover for something else entirely.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Another intelligence agency. That's the answer. Because obviously the:
Central Intelligence Agency,
National Security Agency,
Defense Intelligence Agency,
National Reconnaissance Office,
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency,
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency,
Army Intelligence and Security Command,
Marine Corps Intelligence Activity
and Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence

just aren't enough. If you can't tell, there may be a little bit of sarcasm there.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Another intelligence agency. That's the answer. Because obviously the:
Central Intelligence Agency,
National Security Agency,
Defense Intelligence Agency,
National Reconnaissance Office,
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency,
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency,
Army Intelligence and Security Command,
Marine Corps Intelligence Activity
and Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence

just aren't enough. If you can't tell, there may be a little bit of sarcasm there.

You're forgetting the Coast Guard, State Department, Treasury, FBI, DEA and Treasury.

www.intelligence.gov...

new topics

top topics

join