It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Is the Biggest Hoax In Recent Times - Even The Mayans are P*ssed Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
HERE

"We are speaking out against deceit, lies and twisting of the truth, and turning us into folklore-for-profit. They are not telling the truth about time cycles," Felipe Gomez, leader of the Maya alliance Oxlaljuj Ajpop, told the AFP news agency.

In a statement released by Oxlaljuj Ajpop, the end of the cycle simply "means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature."

A very nice article which just shows, AGAIN, what an utter nonsense the 2012 hype is and how it is nothing else than fear mongering which originated in the West, NOT from the Mayas.

The "Mayan doomsday" is a marketing fallacy, intended to spread fear and disinformation. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is not ONE OUNCE of evidence that the Mayans predicted any kind of doomsday scenario, it's entirely made up by pseudo-scientists, scammers and hoaxers.

"The West's messianic thinking has distorted the world view of ancient civilizations like the Mayans."

When one reads about all the utter lies and pseudo science, such as (LOL!) "galactic alignment" or "planetary alignment, see: news.discovery.com...

... " (there is no planetary alignment in the year 2012)"

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I tried to reserve a thread for December 24th, 2012. Didn't go so well. Hopefully your thread lasts longer. But yeah... I laugh in the face of the 2012'ers. Even now they are realizing it's not going to happen. New years day 2013 will be a glorious troll festival, and I for one look forward to seeing these dread lock wearing bong sniffing vegan fear mongering e-tards put in their place.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thats right..its not doom and gloom..but the new age.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yep.

In a way I'm kind of glad this fear mongering exists and that people are buying into it. Gonna be a lot of people feeling stupid on the 22nd. Some people have to burn themselves before they realize that fire is hot.

Lesson learned, don't believe everything you hear.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I tried to reserve a thread for December 24th, 2012. Didn't go so well. Hopefully your thread lasts longer. But yeah... I laugh in the face of the 2012'ers. Even now they are realizing it's not going to happen. New years day 2013 will be a glorious troll festival, and I for one look forward to seeing these dread lock wearing bong sniffing vegan fear mongering e-tards put in their place.

Who are you Darth Vader?

You have to remember the 2012'ers would be nothing without skin headed, drug sniffin, slime eating trolls paying attention to them. Talking about them gives them life and room to exist.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I wish people understood that those who are genuine concerned with the 2012 phenomenon don't believe it's the end of the world, but rather the "end of the world as we know it."

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Yep.

In a way I'm kind of glad this fear mongering exists and that people are buying into it. Gonna be a lot of people feeling stupid on the 22nd. Some people have to burn themselves before they realize that fire is hot.

Lesson learned, don't believe everything you hear.

Very few people thought the world was going to end. I think there were 2. So all this about "those people are gonna get owned on the 13th - the 24th" I don't know...People made jokes about it as I recall and most people said some change was going to happen and you know what? That's a good bet. Change is going to happen. So you see? Most people were right.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I don't think I've ever seen somebody sniff a bong

'Bong inhalers' you mean?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

and I for one look forward to seeing these dread lock wearing bong sniffing vegan fear mongering e-tards put in their place.

Yes of course. It's hairstyle and dietary restrictions that causes one to believe and perpetuate Mayan end times.
Only those pesky liberal PETA-supporting pot smokers are behind this! Good riddance to them!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Who are you Darth Vader?

You have to remember the 2012'ers would be nothing without skin headed, drug sniffin, slime eating trolls paying attention to them. Talking about them gives them life and room to exist.

I #&!@ing love Darth Vader. In fact I'ma change my avatar. brb.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I don't think I've ever seen somebody sniff a bong

'Bong inhalers' you mean?

DOPE SNIFFERS

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
And some people in that part of the world - when they are not being p*ssed off, aren't averse to making a few bucks out of it either

www.december212012.com...
www.theworld.org...
edit on 2-12-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
"means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature."

Something apparently is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's the uber-nutter conspiracy to end all conspiracies (true if you believe it) and it plays into pretty much all the other way out conspiracies by allowing them to feed of the hype and making it all seem like its one giant interwoven conspiracy, sort of a conspiracy Christmas tree with the random nonsense hanging off it.

Mass banning a for all the true believers come January I hope, deny ignorance indeed but ban stupidity too while you're at it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What about those 'Mayan priests/shamans' that have been parading the 12 fake Crystal Skulls around for a couple of years now?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How do we know this guy is really a Mayan?

I mean...because he says so? When the civilization collapsed and they dispersed...who says they didn't blend in and get absorbed by other tribes and cultures...effectively extinguishing them. For all we know, these folks could be Incan, or Aztec, or Toltec...or Zapotec...just because he is saying he is Mayan and using the Mayan hoopla to get attention too does not give this dude any more credibility and any of the other "users" of this myth.

BTW...Dec. 21, 2012 is the first day of Winter and that is it.

new topics

join