It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban attacks US base in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
??? how was it possible ???everything was under control they ensured us....
the war was already won....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
So, hows that nation building working out for ya?

Same 'ol crap, I wish they'd move that "get outta dodge" time line up to...Now!

They have to make sure that the extremely lucrative opium operations are secure and protected and can continue first.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Really? They blow themselves up to get their land back?
I dont know about that one.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
??? how was it possible ???everything was under control they ensured us....
the war was already won....

Thanks, I needed a laugh.
To answer another question, they have no intention of ever leaving, it's about the oil.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Just business as usual. 5 suicide attackers, this is what the taliban does, they will be dead soon if they are not already imo.

The Russians spent 10 years in Afghanistan fighting an unwinnable war before withdrawing.

These suicide attackers will have family and friends willing and eager to step into their shoes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by stevcolx

Cannon Fodder I think the term is. Kissinger basically said US troops were dumb animals used in sacrifices......Or words to that effect.

You got it right......

“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
― Henry Kissinger

Here's a couple of other quotes:

“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests”
― Henry Kissinger

“The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.”
― Henry Kissinger

Thats a REPUBLICAN for you.

Truly a devil to the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We need to quit playin and turn afganistan into a glass mat.
Be done with them once and for all.

this has gone on far enough
edit on 2-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
So, hows that nation building working out for ya?

Same 'ol crap, I wish they'd move that "get outta dodge" time line up to...Now!

The only real building going on is roads.

The rest of the building has been very poorly done, as evidenced by the recent stories about the new hospitals we built already falling apart.

But those roads are well built, because that's why we are there to begin with, to mine the lithium.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Clearly we need to double our funding...the more we spend sending military over there, the better they will be...

See how well we are doing after all the billions we have spent so far? It's damn near become a model society of democracy and peace. Spend even more money...it'll be Utopia over there...just need another 20-30 years of war is all, and some trillions...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Fact: The Taliban has no Navy

Fact: The Taliban has no Air Force

Fact: The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11

Fact: The Taliban would not be attacking our base now if we were not occupying their Country.

We have no business being in Afghanistan now. We went in there to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. He's dead now. So why are we still there?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Fact: The Taliban has no Navy

Fact: The Taliban has no Air Force

Fact: The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11

Fact: The Taliban would not be attacking our base now if we were not occupying their Country.

We have no business being in Afghanistan now. We went in there to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. He's dead now. So why are we still there?

Because the USA is run by a bunch of greedy rich dumb asses (that have money but want power). And people keep going into the military like( pick an animal) to the Slaughterhouse cause they want to be heros (like on the TV)

The end

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Leaving Afghanistan now would be the defeat of the USA and would be celebrated throughout the region and in most of the Muslim world. It would allow the Taliban to eventually regain power, and the brutality to women and the oppression would resume, Afghanistan would quickly return to being what it was before 9/11. And will possibly be worse. Weakness like that invites attack, appeasement is even worse.

But hey, whatever makes you feel good, go for it.

We made Iraq such a wonderful place with war and our quick exit, we can do it again!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

The place is crap (Ass-ghanistan) it has been and all ways will be a meat grinder for out siders. We lost to many and will loose more for nothing if we keep dicking around in that sand box. Its time to leave and ...also elect leaders here in the USA that know history. Jeeze!!

The End

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

We made Iraq such a wonderful place with war and our quick exit, we can do it again!

lmao! I'll assume trolling...therefore funny...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

lmao! I'll assume trolling...therefore funny...

Yeah that made me laugh and spit.

'We Made Iraq such a wonderful place'. Hmmm The American and UK forces killed at least 1.6 Million innocent Iraqi Men, Women and Children. And that was the approximate number after the attack. It's even more now with people continuing to die everyday and babies being born with monstrous deformities due to the depleted Uranium still floating around the land.

American and British forces indiscriminately slaughtered over a million innocent people for what? OIL.......

Most of Iraq is a wasteland now.

So what are the Americans and British doing in Afghanistan. 2 words. OIL (Caspian Pipelines) and DRUGS (Vast fields of Opium)

That's it! Taliban soldiers being killed for nothing, US and UK soldiers being killed for nothing, innocent families being killed for nothing..........

SICK!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Leaving Afghanistan now would be the defeat of the USA

How so? We went into Afghanistan to capture or kill Bin Laden. That job is done, that mission accomplished.

and would be celebrated throughout the region and in most of the Muslim world.

So what? Let them celebrate. Is it worth dying for to stop people from celebrating a withdrawl from a place your mission is already accomplished?

It would allow the Taliban to eventually regain power,

The US put them in power to begin with! So it was good then but not now? Again I say, so what!? We are not the Policeman of the world. Fact is, the Taliban did not attack us on 9/11 and the only reason they attack troops now is because we are there. If we left, they have no Air Force to attack us. They have no Navy to attack us. They would not be able to attack us.

This is very simple... so let me put this into simple terms. If you came on my property, and I punched you in the face for doing so, it would be common sense to just not come on my property. You can end the violence by simply staying off my property...which you have no business being on to begin with.

and the brutality to women and the oppression would resume,

Again... so what? Do you think there are not other Countries that oppress women? Fact is, there are many Countries that oppress women where brutality against women is common place....and the US gives aid to those Countries. The world does not hate us for our freedoms, they hate us for our hypocrisy... there is a difference.

If brutality against women is the only measure to invasion of a Country explain to me why we are not in the Congo where women are raped at an unprecedented rate. Why are we not in Saudi Arabia? Why are we not in Nepal? Why are we not in Darfur? Why are we not in Guatemala? Why are we not in Mali? Sorry but your argument about saving the women holds no water. It is a poor excuse and will continue to be a poor excuse as long as we turn a blind eye to these other Countries where women have it just as bad if not worse than those in Afghanistan!

Afghanistan would quickly return to being what it was before 9/11. And will possibly be worse.

Again.... so what? Afghanistan did not attack us on 9/11. The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11. You are correct that Afghanistan may be worse than it was prior to 9/11, but that is our fault. We made the situation worse with our flawed foreign policy. We are responsible for that outcome, but it is never too late to do the right thing.

Weakness like that invites attack, appeasement is even worse.

Well tell me Mr. Wizard... just how is Afghanistan with no Navy, no Air Force, no money to speak of going to attack the US?

But hey, whatever makes you feel good, go for it.

Iraq- another Country we had no business invading to begin with? The problems in Iraq are our fault. We invaded that Country for no good reason. We occupied that Country for no good reason. Our intervention in Iraq made the situation worse. Truth is, Iraq under Saddam Hussein was a much more peaceful place, our invasion (based on lies), is what made that Country the mess it is today.

As far as our "quick exit", you must have forgotten how Iraq demanded the US withdrawl

top topics

<< 1   >>

join