It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this string of 7 spheres?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I haven't been in Alaska since my interesting visit to Fort Wainwright many years ago.

Completely kidding and off topic, but maybe those map circles are barrels of contaminated site sludge from Wainwright. Lord knows they've found them in more remote, unusual areas than this .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I usually don't get -too- tied up into the "conspiracy theory" aspect of findings like this, because it's all too easy to fall into the trap of associating everything with cover ups.

That much said, I've got a couple of differing viewpoints. Let me start off with I'm a long time Alaskan resident, been here since childhood, just shy of 30 years. I live in Anchorage, and have traveled all over the state.

One of the things I've often seen is simply pockets of ice and snow, even in mid-summer, that get trapped in the deeper valleys and creeks between mountains. They can be small or large, spanning a few dozen feet to miles. That image, when zoomed in, becomes very pixelated and blurry, but it could simply be snow or ice.

On the other hand, I'm friends with someone who has a fairly large amount of experience with what goes on in Alaska, from his previous career. And yes, I'm being intentionally vague. It's not my place to put him up for exposure or scrutiny.

He's been able to shed a lot of insight on to things I've seen in my years here, from battleships in Prince William Sound to, the massive (and I mean massive) "arctic training" troop rotations and supply movements, to the very well maintained 3000 foot runway outside a village and the F16's that would land there, at a supposedly mothballed facility. And of course we can't forget our friend the HAARP facility, both it's public facing center and it's suspected real facility in the Brooks range or out in Tok.

So when I mentioned this to him, he kinda did a "humph" with a smile, and after looking at the direction out of Anchorage, said "bout the same direction you said you saw that air traffic moving to huh."

What he's referring to is this: A couple years ago, middle of the week around 2am, I was driving down the Seward highway, with a buddy, when he saw a line of lights moving over the city towards the mountains. We stopped just to watch just out of interest, and heard more than saw a pair or more of jets fly over us, ahead of roughly a dozen Blackhawks or similar, followed by another jet a few moments later. They headed directly over the mountain range, in the rough direction as the source image.

I remember this being event being especially interesting, because while jets can certainly cover ground quickly and with good range, those helicopters can't. There's no airfield that I know of immediately out there, or anything to support a refuel and return. You don't run training ops over Anchorage, and especially under cover of dark.

So, coincidence? I'd be more than willing to dismiss it as so, and I'll admit because this was a couple years back, I can't say with 100% confidence that it was the exact direction, or that they are even related. However this definitely brought the memory back in clarity.

Or again, could be ice and snow. Occam's razor and all that.

Edit: and yeah, I know I'm late to the party on this one, only just read it today.
edit on 4-12-2012 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnmitigatedDisaster
On the other hand, I'm friends with someone who has a fairly large amount of experience with what goes on in Alaska, from his previous career. And yes, I'm being intentionally vague. It's not my place to put him up for exposure or scrutiny.

Doesn't go by the net moniker "total security" does he?

second line

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Nah while he browses some forums he doesn't ever post on them. He's actually a pretty normal guy, just one with a lot of experiences in his life, but doesn't want to personally draw a lot of attention to himself.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Got an old buddy left the same type of service about the same time as me, went to Alaska, bought some land, stays on it mostly. Has his own gold source that he mainly putters around with, sometimes goes to town and runs a sort of "FTX for bored businessmen" gig where they sleep on poncho liners during the spring and fall, run around a bit, maybe rappel once, camo up and stalk each other a bit, go home feeling all adventuresome.

You wouldn't think that would bring in spending money, but holy cow did that sell.

He sends me photos from time to time showing the Northern Lights over some barbecuing elk.

In the day, he was pretty well connected, he still follows what's going on up there. Thought it would be funny if it was him.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ahhh - that would be cool.

Yeah he's pretty much the same type of person. Used to stay fairly off the grid, pretty far out, had/has contacts and generally has seen things. Entertained a lot of people wanting to see the "rough Alaskan" style of life, and kind of lived off the land.

One of the more interesting things in Alaska is how you can find huge fenced off areas in the middle of nowhere. We'd go out hunting or similar, be 10-20 miles away from where the roads would take you, which in turn were already dozens of miles away from any highway, and you'd suddenly run into basic chained link fences, with looped barbed wire tops, running miles in either direction. Well maintained, but not a sign of life around.

He has also told me that when he lived out in the more remote areas around the villages and the like, he'd run across big tracts of land that was either burned or dead. Not forest-fire burned, they'd have seen that, but controlled area burn-like.

Again, he and I don't immediately jump and scream "conspiracy!" but he knows enough, and I distrust enough, to suspect greater things are afoot in our huge state. Where better to do it then here? There are huge areas of land that you'll almost never see, you'd have to be intentionally wandering around (like us) to run into them.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
To me the seven orbs represent a string time pattern, a small thought in reality. amazing stuff !!

however it could be anything really ??

S+F very interesting stuff thanks for sharing

èlo

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
interesting find

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join