It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life elsewhere,who cares?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would care as it would bring me closer to the answer of a few existential questions about myself as a human being in this universe.
The riddle of my life.....I'd like to have solved before I leave this fantastic adventure!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I dont need Nasa or Seti to tell me life is elsewhere and because of such it wouldnt make any difference to me. yes life is out there and its a certainty.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philosophile

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Originally posted by Philosophile
I care. It would disprove most traditional Western religious dogma.

How so? Even the Pope said there could be aliens, hasn't stopped those Catholics.

If if recall correctly, Catholicism isn't the most prevalent denomination of Christianity in the west. I was really just referring to most Christianity as a whole. It just doesn't agree with the whole creation story in Genesis,

I don't know about the "west" (why they are the only ones that matter I also don't know?), but there are over a billion Catholics, which makes it the biggest denomination of Christianity, about 1/2. And there is nothing about alien life that invalidates Genesis. Sure some folks will lose their faith if aliens were discovered, but it wouldn't cripple Christianity or anything like that, especially since we are supposed to have "ET" contact before Jesus returns. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
would anyone really care if we found life elsewhere? i,m not convinced......yeah at start it would be major story but i think people would lose interest like they do in any major story.

only people i think that would keep interested would be people like us which i,m going to grasp at 10-20% of worlds population and that maybe be me being generous.

so to me the governments should just release what they know cause most people woudn,t care less.....i,m convinced it would blow over and like walking on the moon they would just lose interest.

For every person who would care, there are a dozen that wouldn't. When the news comes across the globe that mankind has made first contact, you can bet your behind that in a crowded bar somewhere, as that momentous news appears on the T.V., some idiot will pipe up from the back: "Hey barkeep, turn this sh*t off and get the game on!"
Thats the kind of world we live in

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
Well if we would be able to exchange knowledge and technology with them, our entire planet could be transformed. Getting off fossil fuels and ticking time bombs like nuclear reactors, having transportation far greater than cars or planes, advancing our scientific knowledge etc. You never know what the possibilities could be. I think most people would care about that. If we're just going to say "Sup?", and they're just going to say "Not Much", then I agree it wouldn't change things too much.

I agree that we should be moving on to the next topics post-epiphany. Let's get our hands on that zero point energy and clean up this planet. that should be a goal like going to the Moon was. zero impact, decentralized, world cashless society. Only those who do the most for others get wealthy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I dont think this planet is ready in times when we fight over imaginary lines on the ground.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
I dont think this planet is ready in times when we fight over imaginary lines on the ground.
but that would be the best part of this technology it wouldn't allow you to hurt others or them hurt you, like Gort

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You don't really understand who ET is. Life elsewhere. Well on our plane, life elsewhere is alot like us. Though I imagine in this huge universe, some excelled, had enough peace and love to have unity and not destroy themselves in wars, and slavery. But were one big family, overcame difficulties and shared their real science and are now cosmic players.

But ET, ie the ones here, for the most part, are Higher Ups, the ones overseeing all the schools, which are the planets that are like ours.

Because we're in a school.

An anaology. Our universe is an ocean of waves. So all the little spongebob towns, represent the various schools at the bottom levels like ours. Maybe we think they're the ETs, but they're probably not. I don't think the Hero's I've met are on our level, they're more like the bigger whales or Larger Fish, swimming in less gravity, able to help out the ones at the bottom of the ocean.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
but that would be the best part of this technology it wouldn't allow you to hurt others or them hurt you, like Gort

Yeah and you live in some kind of dream world.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticTwelve

no I don't my hopes and dreams do. what's wrong with wanting a better future?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join