It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet potato deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TenEighty

Not just good french fries, they make amazing french fries!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenEighty
reply to post by davjan4

Davjan,

What varieties did you grow? I am waiting for Sand Hill Preservation to update their catalog so that I can get my order in. Sweet potatoes are an outstanding calorie crop.... I am interested in growing them as a staple instead of grain. These towers might be just the thing to combat my rocky soil.. thanks!

I don't recall the variety, but I did order online.

This year I plan on growing the Okanowin purple sweet potatoes and small red regular potatoes. The Okanowins are for me. The wife likes the regulars...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It should be noted that there are hundreds, at least, of different cultivars of sweet potatoes, with all different tastes and colors.

Here in Zone 9B, they're a perennial. Frost will zap the leaves, but they come right back. THos eleaves have semi-unique cancer fighting extracts.

Do note that "yams" are a different genus of plants altogether, but in store bought commercial items (especially canned) the names are used interchangebly by the suppliers. Very annoying to me, although I do see the comparisons (tropical root crops, heart shaped leaves, nearly identical plant structures).

<< 1   >>

join