It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doomsday hysteria grips Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I dunno,............but i think ill head down to the bulk store for a case of toilet paper just in case......

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I feel in this month alot of people will proceed to freak the # out lol but thats how you lose concentration, I believe things will change in more of a spiritual awareness, not gloom and doom, "change" isnt neccesarily bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Tours to heaven and hell?
Are we SURE P.T. Barnum wasn't really a Russian with modern ancestors pursuing the saying he coined about fools and their money?

On the OTHER hand guys... This isn't necessarilt hilarious. Funny, perhaps. Not quite hilarious. This is why:

In the last 20 years, the area of air-raid defense has been developed little, and the existing shelters have become outdated. Moreover, they are located mostly in the city center, which makes densely populated Moscow outskirts especially vulnerable in the event of a nuclear attack.

In order to resolve the issue, the city has given architects a task to construct a typical model of an easy-to-build shelter that will be located all over the city 10 to 15 meters underneath apartment blocks, shopping centers, sport complexes and parks, as in case of attack people will need to reach the shelters within a minute.
Source - RT

(I don't like RT for American news items....but who can beat Russian news? lol)

That is the story clip of the 5,000 bomb shelters being built in and around the Moscow metro area. It's quite a statement to make. Normally, it may not grab a lot of attention either. Civil defense people have a job to do and they still do that job, even today. However, it's the deadline I understand and have read numerous times these came with. The national effort to build the network was to be completed by the end of 2012.

Perhaps the Kremlin is just as tone deaf as the White House for perceptions and coincidence to how the public sees things being done and how/if any connections exist. Only a complete buffoon at Government level isn't aware of the 2012 prophecies by now. If ONLY from a public safety for stupid behavior standpoint. So, the timing of this project? Well..... I might be a little anxious living in Russia too.

Maybe this is why they haven't told anyone what they built this year under the White House.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Okay I am starting to think that I am the only one that know that they found a new Mayan calender that goes way on 2012, I posted this some times now on ATS but its like people don't want to read it, they ignore the fact that doomsday was cancelled.
New Mayan calender goes beyond 2012

cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future."

Send that to the russians

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Go away, how can we have a doomsday scare if you act sensibly.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I dunno,............but i think ill head down to the bulk store for a case of toilet paper just in case......

Yup SHTF=need for lots of toilet paper.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by winterkill

Okay I am starting to think that I am the only one that know that they found a new Mayan calender that goes way on 2012, I posted this some times now on ATS but its like people don't want to read it, they ignore the fact that doomsday was cancelled.
New Mayan calender goes beyond 2012

cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future."

Send that to the russians

Yes, the mayan calendar keeps going, that was never the arguement.

However, every 5125 years, there is an event that the mayan calendar marks as important. One of those events is due to occur on dec 21 2012. No one knows what the event may be.

In 5125 years from now, another event will occur. And so on as it progresses through the baktuns. It goes on forever, that is 100% correct. they had a cycle measured out that they could track far into the future. That still doesn't mean something major isn't going to happen on dec 21.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't believe any of the planet x or Mayan doomsday nonsense.

But I do see a coming collapse of the world economy.

So on Dec 22nd I plan to buy more dried foods and another suitcase generator, should be much cheaper then.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps calling the mayans nonsense.

They had superior knowledge of the stars. They knew when all the eclipes would be, including ones today.

They had a calendar that tracked lunar and solar years.

But they had another calendar, a seperate calendar that tracked longer cycles of time..... Why would they have two calendars?

If nothing is going to occur, then can someone explain to me why they even have a long count calendar to begin with? It doesn't make any sense....

One mayan says to another " lets make another calendar, that tells the exact same thing as the one we already made"

Really?

No, instead, they tracked something, some event, something they could only be measured in thousands of years. And they pinpointed this to occur on dec 21 2012.

We may not know what the event is, but the fact remains, they did create two calendars for some reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

The Mayans were obviously advanced, that's a given.

But all this doomsday stuff is speculation by non Mayans over a long count calendar.

If they thought the world was going to end I think they would have said so, it's all interpretation.

And the true meaning of apocalypse is revelation, not disaster.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually why is everybody talking about Mayan Calendar predictions there are many other sources of information out there that also reflects the same facts about something good or bad will happen on the 2012. I recently saw something on youtube about a guy talking about a graph I forgot what it was called but the highest marks meant something good happen within a periods of years and the lowest meant something was predicted to happen like the collapse of the economy or a big war.All I can remember him saying it was invented by a scientist. In 2012 on the graph it flat lined.

There so many other things that seem to predict something may happen around that date.

I like looking into different sources of information but I dont think anything bad will happen to be honest and if it did there is really nothing we can do. Simple.

Edit: That graph I was talking about was called 'Time Wave Zero' which flat lines so far it predicted many wars and bad and good events. Like the Egyptian Revolution

The guy who invented this is called Terence McKenna.

Here is a link www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It could be the upspoken start of the American Revolution.
You know, with the b.s going on in congress. Wouldn't that be nice?

The end of the age of b.s politics?

Ha,

Sorry I was dreaming, fell asleep on the keyboard..

I want 12/21/2012 "doom" to go away.
I'm all for ascension and having people "wake the f** up" though,
That'd be nice.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
Actually why is everybody talking about Mayan Calendar predictions there are many other sources of information out there that also reflects the same facts about something good or bad will happen on the 2012.

That is a statement full of half truth. There are many sources of allegations surrounding the possible events that may occur this year, but no facts. Facts have to be established and accepted to be such, and these are surely not examples thereof.

I recently saw something on youtube about a guy talking about a graph I forgot what it was called but the highest marks meant something good happen within a periods of years and the lowest meant something was predicted to happen like the collapse of the economy or a big war.All I can remember him saying it was invented by a scientist. In 2012 on the graph it flat lined.

Did you bother to research the graph, and the supposed scientist who devised the mathematical principle which informed its creation? Sounds like it could be, to quote the descendant of Proffessor Farnsworth (from Futurama), weapons grade balonium, to me.

There so many other things that seem to predict something may happen around that date.

I like looking into different sources of information but I dont think anything bad will happen to be honest and if it did there is really nothing we can do. Simple.

Edit: That graph I was talking about was called 'Time Wave Zero' which flat lines so far it predicted many wars and bad and good events. Like the Egyptian Revolution

The guy who invented this is called Terence McKenna.

Here is a link www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

This man was not a scientist, or at least, he was only as much of a scientist as Steven Greer is, and that bloke has all the clout in scientific circles of a wet balled up kitchen towel. I really cannot believe that you are trusting the word of a man who apparantly produced this amazing graph, but was also the most hippyfied new age BS merchant of his era.

Would you mind going and fetching out a CREDIBLE source for your assumptions and your conclusions?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
get ur wodka and eggs !

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have read so many hypothesis over the years that I am confused what people expect to happen during those days. The only serious correlation is that nemesis the dark star, and sister companion of earth is approaching us and might bring forth some asteroids into our general area, because nemesis's gravity attracts comets from the kupiter belt.

Another prediction worth mentioning is that the sun is getting more active and more solar flares are expected.

People get all hysterical without even knowing why. Perhaps the national security state blackout is to blame!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I can assure you that steven greer is no bs artist.

Have you even bothered to look at the disclosure project?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Do not be fooled.....the hand of darkness ascends upon the world.....the children of the dark one work their evil to bring haste of the end....why?....because they are sick of being trapped in this dimension....why don't we matter to them?As they see it....we are in the way of their freedom...to live is to be imprisoned.....twisted i know but it seems to be the answer everyone seeks

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

How long have I been a member here? Yes I have looked at the disclosure project. It is the specifics of the content of the information presented by the project, and the schemes and methods being applied by that bunch of anti-scientists that inform my dislike of Greer, and my absolute loathing for his methods.

The man thought a picture of a moth was an alien! The man is utterly unbelievable in a very real and literal manner.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Firstly thank you for clearing up my post on here like all newbies one way or the other we learn. But your responses came across rude.

Now go take a f'ckin.g hike with your degrading attitude toward me who's only looking for answers, People like you make this world a very bad place. You could come across less but hurt.

reply to post by TrueBrit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join