It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama family costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year (that's 20 times more than British Royal Family)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Obama doesn't care about you.

Why waste your time defending him constantly?

He is just as big of hypocrite as all of the other politicians, making idle promises he doesn't keep, and what makes him worse he says he is for the humble masses,

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I don't recall him being drafted to be President! When one becomes a PUBLIC SERVANT, it is to serve the public, NOT themselves or their family.

I was trying not to weigh in on this too heavily, but since I have been absorbed into it, I will state that I have no problem believing this number. Michelle "let them eat cake" Obama has more personal aids and servants than ANY other first lady! The Obamas are notorious for their lavish Hollywood extravaganzas at the WH which cost the tax-payers a bundle. They vacation more than any other president - even flying their dog separately at a tax-payer expense of over $200,000!!!

Their expenses are RIDICULOUS! Their extravagance is RIDICULOUS! Their attitude of entitlement is RIDICULOUS! In short, the behavior of this first family is more in line with that of a monarch than that of a PUBLIC SERVANT!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

I noticed in the article they said how we Americans want our leaders to be safe and comfortable.

hmm, what ever happened to those great leaders of old that fought side by side with their people?

edit on 093131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
It's funny how if this were a Republican President it seems everyone would believe it and be outraged. But since we're talking about obama, then the storys BS? Personally, I think the price is probably pretty close.

I would only believe it if they were talking about Reagan. The Reagans lived a life of royalty while in office with never ending high class balls to entertain the rich and famous. I haven't seen that level of excess since.

I think now days most of the spending goes toward security.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I don't have a hard time believing this price either,

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I would only believe it if they were talking about Reagan. The Reagans lived a life of royalty while in office with never ending high class balls to entertain the rich and famous. I haven't seen that level of excess since.

I think now days most of the spending goes toward security.

Then you're not paying attention! The Obamas have held dozens of high-profile events at the WH hosting celebrities and athletes! In fact, the cost of their "State" dinners has come up numerous times.

And you are correct on one front - security spending has seen a huge increase. That would be expected when you have to house a contingent of 200 secret service agents in ocean-side villas in Hawaii while you vacation for 3 weeks!!! Or when Michelle and friends want to go parading around Europe on an 11-day shopping spree!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Personally, with the economy in the shape it is, I think "we the people" need to audit the white house and congress. Belt tightening should begin with the leadership. If the defense budget needs to be cut (and it does), I believe all areas should be considered for budget cuts, including dog trainers. You know, he could make an example for the people...

You can't bash the "evil rich elite" or "evil bankers", and then turn around and staff a dog trainer to the tune of 100k a year. Face it folks, he is the elite.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
1.4 Billion? With a "B" ?
Not a chance.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
It's funny how if this were a Republican President it seems everyone would believe it and be outraged. But since we're talking about obama, then the storys BS? Personally, I think the price is probably pretty close.

No it's the fact that this is not news. Almost every president has had a dog, cat, maid,cook.Some have even had personal astrologers. For this story to represent news it would have to compare all president expenditures and show how Obama's budget grossly exceeds the others. Otherwise it's just a divide and conquer thread with lots of partisan dribble.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If anyone is interested in seeing Taxpayer Expenditures to Support the Presidency then click here.

This breaks out all of the expenses, cites sources etc... After combing through just a precursory amount of data, the $1.4B figure sounds accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
If anyone is interested in seeing Taxpayer Expenditures to Support the Presidency then click here.

This breaks out all of the expenses, cites sources etc... After combing through just a precursory amount of data, the $1.4B figure sounds accurate.

I took a look at the link! Finally some real numbers and it's shocking! As usual the Obama bots are making excuses, pointing at others, or simply plugging their ears and singing the la la la la song. Spending is way out of control and the solution is to raise taxes on the wealthy? Give me a break!

Pladuim

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

Originally posted by kozmo

I took a look at the link! Finally some real numbers and it's shocking! As usual the Obama bots are making excuses, pointing at others, or simply plugging their ears and singing the la la la la song. Spending is way out of control and the solution is to raise taxes on the wealthy? Give me a break!

Pladuim

Yes the numbers are shockingly non existent, low or complete guesses. And what does this have to do with Obama other than he is the current President? You mean the White House did not exist unitl 2008?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And I thought I was bad with my food bills.

[edit]
Wait a minute

For example, the White House contains a movie theatre which is manned by projectionists 24 hours a day in case one of the family feels like a trip to the cinema.

Why?
edit on 1-12-2012 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Isn't Obama the one that said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term? Just like I said, blame others without doing anything about it! Get it through your thick skull, SPENDING IS OUT OF CONTROL! What part do you not understand? Republicans and Democrats are both guilty and it continues under Obama and his administration. Just continue praising your savior, he does no wrong.

Typical liberal, spin, blame others, our guy does no wrong.

Pladuim

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
And I thought I was bad with my food bills.

[edit]
Wait a minute

For example, the White House contains a movie theatre which is manned by projectionists 24 hours a day in case one of the family feels like a trip to the cinema.

Why?

Simply put, this is a bald face lie. Imagine the space needed to house a staff, available 24-hours a day, to accommodate the every whim of the POTUS and family. They would need a house 10x the size of it's current capacity. NOW, maybe...MAYBE the white house chef moonlights as the projectionist, but one would have to be damn gullible to buy this story. But hey, it must be true; after all it's posted on the internet....and as Abraham Lincoln once said "everything on the internet is 100% true".

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yep what a lie!!!

www.c-spanvideo.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
reply to post by MrSpad

Isn't Obama the one that said he would cut the deficit in half in his first term?

And if he was a dictator, then that would have been true. However, given the fact that he relies on congress to get bills to his desk, this "broken promise" can not be placed on his shoulders.

Just like I said, blame others without doing anything about it!

Something? Like what? Should he bypass congress and sign more executive orders? Should he have the all of the Republicans renditioned to Gitmo? What should he do?

Get it through your thick skull, SPENDING IS OUT OF CONTROL!

Agreed. Especially the biggest entitlement program of all; DEFENSE SPENDING. I wish Obama would gut that program down to the bare minimum.

What part do you not understand?

I think we all understand that spending is out of control. It seems that American citizens differ on where the cuts should be made.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Okay I was about to say I've seen a bit of the white house ( not from the inside ) and given it's size it just seems like it wouldn't have the space to hold one. I also knew Lincoln was on the internet! Speaking of which isn't the Daily mail usually regarded as something...questionable?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Guess what, top ranking military personel all travel by private military planes, constituting a very large fleet, that probably costs far more than Air Force One.

That is the cost to US taxpayers for maintenance of the global corporate empire, that the US middle class is on the hook to pay.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You sir are apparently suffering from a condition recognized as Cognitive Dissonance!

Festinger's (1957) cognitive dissonance theory suggests that we have an inner drive to hold all our attitudes and beliefs in harmony and avoid disharmony (or dissonance).

Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. This produces a feeling of discomfort leading to an alteration in one of the attitudes, beliefs or behaviors to reduce the discomfort and restore balance etc.

Most people suffering from Cognitive Dissonance will resist any presentation of reality that distorts their more familiar and comfortable beliefs.

The evidence has been presented - it is cited with sources. You CHOOSE to resist its reality, but doing so does nothing to change said facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join