It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama family costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year (that's 20 times more than British Royal Family)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yes, but to be fair, aside from cups of tea, the Queen only gets through a packet of biscuits and a tin of cat food every week.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
$1.4-billion seems a bit exaggerated. However, if true, I really don't care. Obama is the leader of our country and should be afforded all the perks that go along with that thankless job.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
as with all this type of stuff, i simply don't believe it, and don't even bother checking it....the people that write articles like this have been proven wrong so many times, it's worthless to even check it

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The queen actually is a profitable enterprise as the profits from the crown lands goes to the treasury and from there she gets her money and then you factor in the tourism from around the world bringing in loads more to the tax coffers i'd say she's worth it and the staff at the estates that are owned by the crown are paid for by the profits from the estates themselves

and for all the royal stupidity i don't think theres a royal projectionist or royal dog walker being paid for by the people

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

But the British royal family get it for doing nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The other day I saw him pardon a turkey, wtf? he should have pardoned himself.
I don't get involved in politics much but the image of such a high esteemed man pardoning a bird had me in stitches.
Oh and to keep this on topic I think that its probably bs about the 1.4 billion, I could not even imagine how they would need to spend that much its way too high surely.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Seems so many people here refusing to deny ignorance, whilst having the gall to include "deny ignorance" in their post.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

I hope that no one thinks that this is being paid to Barack Obama directly. This pays for everything. Staff, supplies, travel, secruity everything. The presidents salary is about $400,000. plus travel expenses or about what a good executive would be paid. Not out of hand at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Who are you to say what they need and dont need. Most families have a pet. No we probably dont need them with the exception of guard dogs but still. Take this out on the dog?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Well, we can't have Bo taking care of business all over the White House now can we?

Yeah, Newspapers all over the floor would be unseemly.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Xaberz

1.4 billion could easily be lived of for a lifetime and you'd still live very comfortable, why not just go without for the rest of the term and help pay back some of the debt everybody else is paying for. assuming it's true.

then again what if that 1.4 billion is going back into your economy and keeping people in work.
Thats correct. They have to pay the housekeepper and the cook. Those people then spend the money they make and oops, the economy is working again.
edit on 1-12-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
$1.4-billion seems a bit exaggerated. However, if true, I really don't care. Obama is the leader of our country and should be afforded all the perks that go along with that thankless job.

If anyone ever wondered why America will fail, see the post above! It is this attitude that will be the death of this country!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by neo96
Better believe it of course it is easier just to say it isn't true than do a little research like oh say:

The real answer is exceedingly complicated. In addition to the annual congressional budget for the operation of the White House, there are over 22 other budget accounts, in 13 different departments, that pay the expenses and salaries of the White House staff.

theintrepid.blogspot.com...

Nothing to see here folks move right along.

really now what about a pdf link from the article you posted? lol

Total Cost of All White House Elements, for fiscal year 2008: $1,592,875,254
whitehousetransitionproject.org...

and not likely to be cut for the sake of the budget either
anybody have the numbers for congress?

back during the roman republic if there was a deficit
the senate had to make it up
out of their own purse
maybe that practice should be brought back
If we're going to adapt some old Roman principals then throwing the bad guys to the lions needs to be the first thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Why does this whole dog issue even concern you so much?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This is the truth when the rubber meets the road. These people give up their lives in service to their country. They give up privacy, they are under constant threat, and in the end this is a thankless job. Thankfully someone still wants to get up every day and to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by Xaberz

But the British royal family get it for doing nothing at all.

If we're going to be honest about this, and I'm no monarchist and happy to see it go, but Princess Anne racks up some hours. Let's face it, the Queen herself racks up the hours for an 86-year-old.

I'm more worried about some of the MPs who claim wages and expenses and only work a couple of hours a week whilst working the rest of the time as directors and consultants for private firms who benefit from the policies they help push through when they work as an MP.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
The other day I saw him pardon a turkey, wtf? he should have pardoned himself.
I don't get involved in politics much but the image of such a high esteemed man pardoning a bird had me in stitches.
Oh and to keep this on topic I think that its probably bs about the 1.4 billion, I could not even imagine how they would need to spend that much its way too high surely.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)
The anual pardon the turkey that is done by every president? Is that what you are talking about? dc.about.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I am looking forward to the day that an Obama supporter has something critical to say about Obama and or his administration.

Please let's face it, our government officials live high on the hog and frankly I don't think any of them deserve it.

Obama Hawaii Vacation Costs Tax Payers $4 Million; A Look At The President's Past Hawaii Vacations
www.huffingtonpost.com...

If you think that that is OK while victims of hurricane sandy are living in their cars, when Obama used them for political gain making promises he knew FEMA wouldn't keep.

pray

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's funny how if this were a Republican President it seems everyone would believe it and be outraged. But since we're talking about obama, then the storys BS? Personally, I think the price is probably pretty close.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

If anyone ever wondered why America will fail, see the post above! It is this attitude that will be the death of this country!
Really? So you dont think its a thankless job. Lets see you volunteer for it. Up at 4Am every day and to be working till after midnight before going to bed. Have a bullet aimed at your head at any time of day. Have to deal with the leaders of the other countries all over the world each with a different agenda and still take care of your family and raise your daughters. I got tired just typing it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join