It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I try and I try but I just can't get it up.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi.

My ‘wats’ number is what I’m referring to, I know what you thought.

I don’t understand how it’s calculated it seems almost random depending on the member. Has anyone else wondered how the scores are determined.
Actually I don’t know why I even care but I do maybe there's some type of subliminal message.

Do you guys pay attention to how your own stats compare to those of the other members?
If you do pay attention does it influence how you reply to a members thread / comment?
For example if you reply to what a mod says do you choose your words more carefully so as not to offend them? I do because by nature I tend to be a bit of an ass kisser.

I know none of this is important but I’m just curious.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

From one JAFO to another, It's (number of posts ÷ 600) + (number of flags ÷ 80) + (number of stars ÷ 170).

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

From one JAFO to another, It's (number of posts ÷ 600) + (number of flags ÷ 80) + (number of stars ÷ 170).

+ the number of Tequila shots you can do in 10 seconds.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I always dreamed that they sat around an old card table and played chess with our souls,,,seriously

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL oops sorry I forgot that little addition. maybe cuz I am so used to practicing.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No wonder I couldn't figure it out.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry but which one is the 'wats' number?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

+ the number of Tequila shots you can do in 10 seconds.

That works well.
It's amazing how the numbers go up when it's harder to find the keys on the keyboard but you have an awesome theory or thought!Can't tell you how many times I type in something wrong and retype.
After awhile it looks like this before editing several times...ksghojgryhvnopq rfkijet micvudm dlkuhcoiy

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousmysteries
I'm sorry but which one is the 'wats' number?

Under your avatar. It's the "W" number it's like 'way above top secret' or something.

Like I said none of it really matters.

P.S.- if you get punished they'll take your 'ats points' but don't worry they aren't good for anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Complete guide is right here. But your WATS score WILL go up no matter what you do. It's in the nature of the beast, so keep posting. It's the KARMA score that is hard to change. This is because it embodies a ratio of posts and stars, among oher stuff. The formula is ROUGHLY::

It's ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts

Since the whole thing is divided by posts, the more posts you make which earn stuff, the higher Karma is. And that is terribly difficult to get up once you establish a pattern.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Okay, thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It does matter, sort of, notice that schuyler has 83 and a silver boarder? and Boncho has 146 and a gold one? The wats score says weather or not you get a boarder.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Really?

Now I want a border! Thanks alot!

edit on 30-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

More posts and liqueur equals gold. Boncho knows.

BTW,what is JAFO,may I ask.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It does matter, sort of, notice that schuyler has 83 and a silver boarder? and Boncho has 146 and a gold one? The wats score says weather or not you get a boarder.

I've not been able to figure out the border issue. I think it is related, but there's more to it. If you look at the "members" section and scope out by, say, number of stars, you will see that some people with a greater W score do have a border, and others do not.

The transition point to gold appears to be at about the top 100, but that is not absolute. Of course, lots of people, indeed: most, pretend this does not matter, so IMO it's just something to have some fun with.

the bottom line is that if you see someone with a really high K score, that means their posts are generally highly regarded. If you see someone with a high W score, that means they've probably been around awhile.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

JAFO is from the old 80s movie "Blue Thunder". At least that's where I got it from.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Did you just make that up or is it new?...I don't understand half of puter talk.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Nah - it's actually more of a military thing. A lot of times in training you'll have a couple of people doing something and like 20 guys standing around watching.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh,like the fubar and awol thing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join