It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market drops, attack time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Most days I don't think much about a terror attack. When the market takes a dive it makes me VERY worried. If the terrorists are determined to impact our finances what better time to strike than when the stock market is already tanking?

9/11 had a huge effect on the market and it still has not recovered to pre 9/11 stability. The terrorists know that the next attack will also have an impact on the stock market. If the markets are already low to begin with another attack would have a devastating impact.

The Dow closed at 9,757 today. It is way down from just a few weeks ago. We were warned a few months ago that attacks on the financial district could be coming. Is anyone else concerned that the terrorists might be waiting specifically for the markets to dip so that they could have maximum impact on the economy?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, they haven't attacked at any of the other stock market lows (of which there have been many since 9/11.) I see no particular reason to attack because of stock market timing.

Yeah, the market is awful. I've been using the "Dogs of the Dow" approach and have been reasonably happy with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
~~

in addition to Byrds 'Dogs of the Dow' strategy

the contrairian approach has been allright to me

*thought*
Terrorist attacks in a Down market would be less dramatic !!
(if thats the effect wanted)
than attacks in a Up & Expanding Market !!

so a reverse of your theoretical

there would be LESS a risk of some attack....now:: (DOW 9757) vs then:
DOW 12000)

#plz

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a terror attack will do enough damage to the market. besides, they pick a day that has meaning and they plan for days, months, years. I doubt someone is watching the dow and thinking, "ok, it's down, let's launch the attack now."

too much planning to work the market timing into it.

besides, if these guys have any brains, they'd want to wait for the market to run up big time. then they'd short the stocks that will be hit the hardest by their terror act and they'd be able to fund the next round of attacks.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My advice on stocks is to switch to commodities. Oil is going to be very lucrative here in a minute. Sell short.

top topics

join